OOC: Dark Seed

Angelus

Wrapped up in Shadow
I've decided to write a new Star Wars thread. This one has a slight difference though. If anyone has heard of The Old Republic MMO I am going to set it in that time frame. It's for two reasons mainly. There are a lot more Sith and Jedi running around and I just really like the time frame.

Okay the gist of this thread is that there are going to be five main characters. I am not saying that there will not be any more allowed it is just that these five is what everything revolves around.

The main storyline I was thinking about is that the main character, a Sith Lord is running around generally creating havoc. Chasing him around the galaxy are three of his former friends, all of them Jedi Masters. They aren't out to stop him though, they are out to redeem him and bring him back to the light.

I told you it was going to be a little different. as much as the Sith has fun, killing people everywhere and doing what he does best nobody is out to kill him, well nobody of the main three that is. Everyone is free to try and kill he is after all a bad character.
You can be anything you like, any species- Sith, Jedi or whatever.
Oh, I forgot to mention the other main character. She is the Sith Lord's apprentice. She can have as much fun as he does.

Okay, specifics. For the initial layout of the character can you please put it like this.

Name:
Affiliation: (Sith, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler or anything else you can think of)
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Skin Color:
Lightsaber Color: (if Jedi or Sith):
How many weapons you have, what type (how many you lightsabers you have):
Ship: (Name, if a flagship of a group or a personal ship)
Bio:

Sorry everyone but the Sith Lord has already been taken by me. Sorry; but I just wanted to have a little fun. This is who he is:

Darth Alezal
Sith
Human Male
6' 7"
240 lbs with a very muscular build
Red, Orange and Yellow eyes
Bald
Dark skin
Blood Red and Purple
Two Lightsabers
Harbinger- flagship and Made Whole - personal ship

As a Jedi Alezal was very powerful. He exceeded his Master's expectations and soon constructed himself a light saber. He was soon made a knight and sent to Alderaan to keep the peace. It was there that he meet his friends and became an inseparable team. They were such a team that they did things everyone thought was impossible, including the redemption and destruction of several Sith Lords.

One day however Alezal went off to fight a Sith Lord by himself. He succeeded in defeating the Sith but during the fight something within him changed. He found himself falling more and more towards the dark side. Ad much as he wanted to deny it he found himself liking the power it brought him. His friends saw this a tried to help him but he ended up cutting down one of the group in front of them. In the shock and confusion he escaped in a ship and finally found his way to Korriban. There he apprenticed himself to a powerful Lord and learned everything he could.

When he found that his master had nothing more to teach him he cut her down and started his rise up the ranks; finally gaining the title of Darth and a new apprentice. He took off into three galaxy once more. What he didn't expect was one of his former friends waiting for him who offered to bring him back. With a laugh he showed her everything he had learned before cutting her down. Before she died she told him the rest of the group; the last three would never give up on him and would bring him back. Her took off her head and walked away, seething.

Since then his former friends have been hounding his every step.

As you can see there are the three former friends left, all Jedi Masters and his apprentice.

Oh, whoever joins first, as a former friend that is will be named in the first post and will have the honors of giving my character his Jedi name.

I hope you have fun. Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this, but the character I have in mind could go two ways.

She would be Jedi trained, but very suspicious of the Jedi teachings (she is extremely good at sensing the pain of others and so finds indifference hard), this could provide opportunities for her to be corrupted and turn to the Dark Side, which could be fun drama with respect to the story arc.
Conversely, she could have already turned to the Dark Side, and be his apprentice. However in that role she is still going to be suspicious of the teachings of the sith, and you may be looking for a more pure antagonist in this role. Conversely the insistence on "helping people" and "doing good" might offer interesting drama on the sith side.

It all depends on what you're looking for, but I can go either way.

I'm here, if you'll have me.

I'll post a character bio for your consideration in a day or two.

Sheana. I love the idea of you being Jedi trained. It might be fun. That way Alezal or his apprentice could find ways to slowly turn you to the dark side. It is an interesting character and I cannot wait to see what you do with it.

Amen. You are more than welcome to join this merry little thread. I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

I am here to provide my honorary interest in this story. Haven't the foggiest what to do yet though... wish I could somehow bring my old twi'lek into this... but she may be too powerful...

Heh. I'll think of something.

She isn't too powerful at all. The three friends have to all be Jedi Masters. They are facing a Sith Lord. If you wish to bring your twi'lek into the fray you are more than welcome to.

Just remember, not out to kill- trying to save. No matter what Alezal does.

I wouldn't mind playing in this and actually bringing in a Char I have in the MMO. I will play a Bounty Hunter, but she is very willing to play for both sides after all money is money.

I was thinking of something...and then read Wolfsister's post about an old twi'lek....

So, for your consideration:

(an old friend)

Name: Tal Varsus
Affiliation: Jedi
Height: 6'02"
Weight: 185
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Lt. Brown, some gray streaks
Skin Color: normal human - medium skintone
Lightsaber Color: Blue -no other weapons-
Ship: Azura's Star (light freighter with a few modifications here and there)

Bio:

A Coruscant native, Jedi Master Tal Varsus was discovered by his parents when he was still an infant and used the Force to pull a glass of blue milk across the dinner table. He was raised at the Jedi Temple, and eventually attained the rank of Master. He has trained many Padawans, and currently teaches advanced Force awareness, physical combat techniques, and lightsaber combat styles. He is not a member of the Jedi Council at this time.

Varsus is very sensitive to the Living Force. Thus, he is able to feel lifeforms from great distances and interact with them. He is also able to mask his presence in the Force to a great degree.

His preferred style of lightsaber combat is the swift and precise moves of Ataru, although he (like most Jedi) is adept in Soresu.

Some time ago Varsus acquired a light freighter he named the Azura's Star after a female Jedi from folklore. The freighter, although somewhat dilapidated when he got it, now boasts an impressive array of capable defensive and offensive components. The two-man cockpit has been redesigned to include a socket for a navigational droid. The small aft cargo bay was modified into living quarters complete with a small galley and refresher unit. Tal loves to tinker with it, and he is constantly adding parts or removing them depending on what his current task might require.

Magenta Darkstar

dvxZLag.jpg

Magenta Darkstar
Affiliation: Jedi
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130
Race: Genetically Modified Human
Eye Color: Light Blue
Hair Color: Purple (White Streaks)
Skin Color: Pale Olive
Lightsaber Color: Magenta (Intentionally Chosen)
How many weapons you have, what type: 1 standard lightsabre
Ship: None
Summary:
- Extreme Force Sense
- No filter for Force Sense pain
- Massive untapped potential
- Genetic and Psychological Experiments
- Out of Control, Desperate for anything pleasant, make the voices stop
- Weak but Hysterical Strength
- Highly empathic yet misanthropic

Bio:
Magenta was brought to an asylum at a young age due to her having "visions". While there she was the subject of genetic and psychological experimentations.
The ramification of this is that her Force Sense (clairvoyance) is naturally substantially far in excess of other Jedi. However it is tuned into the most painful and traumatic of things and she has no filter on it. She is constantly bombarded by visions and sensations coming from this and she has difficulty distinguishing now vs in the future, here vs far away, or even reality vs her imagination.
Her Force Sense however does allow her to think of things beyond her already high intelligence because she can synthesize lots of information. Her memory and powers of observation are likewise spot on when she can be fully present in the moment.
The inundation from her Force Sense and being raised in an Asylum has left Magenta slightly unstable. While normally weak, this does sometimes result in burst of hysterical strength. Furthermore though completely motivated to end the suffering of others, she can fly into a rage easily and come off as misanthropic or sadistically indifferent when personal suffering is swamped by her sense of universal suffering.
Originally when she became an Initiate she was refused training due to her instability. However the Jedi decided to train her anyway because they hoped to be able to tame her somewhat, and saw her potential and how incredibly dangerous she could be. That being said she has been a very non-conventional Jedi causing distress to other Jedi around her. She frequently chooses impractical formal wear over Jedi clothing, and is known to interpret the Jedi Code flexibly or even dismiss it if she feels it would lead to more suffering. She had even been heard accusing the Jedi of "doing nothing" from time to time.

Last edited:
wombat.
You can bring your character into this. I would love to see a bounty hunter running around in this.

Amen.
I love the fact that Tal is going to be in this thread. I hope he is one of the former friends because I know what type of character he was and it will be fun to go up against him. If he is one of the former friends you have (no pressure here) the honor of making up Alezal's Jedi name and you get a mention in the first post.

Sheana
I love your character. She is going to be a fine fit in this thread. It is going to be fun to see what my apprentice and I can do to slowly turn her to the dark side. It should be interesting.

I have an idea, but...I don't know if I should put the Star Wars version in...the basic idea would be under my SRP link. Tell me what you think. I will modify him some to suit the universe I would be occupying.

Not really. If you want to write something then by all means go for it. You can write something about how you can feel Alezal's actions or something like that.

Go ahead and write. There is no order in the posts, well not yet anyway. Please feel free.

I would say that he seems to be a good addition to the thread.

I like the idea of a cyborg in the thread, after all there are several around. Just throw a character at me and I will see how he can work in the thread. Don't worry; I love the idea of the character.

Awww man... why couldn't this be a star trek thread?! Haha!

I'll put up a bio soon I promise. I just have to find her info again.

Her is my idea.

Name: Kitsune 'Kit' Cartaii
Affiliation: unaffiliated force user
Height: fox form: 4 foot Human form: 6'3
Weight: Fox form: 100 pounds Human form: 215 pounds .
Race: Mixed
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Silver when human.
Skin Color: Tanned when human.
Lightsaber Color: Silver (Self designed unstable blade, which oddly is incredibly stable)
How many weapons you have, what type (how many you lightsabers you have): Two throwing types, four blasters, one lightsaber.
Ship: The Screaming Falcon.
Bio: Kit was an experiment on Kammino. The original idea was to combine a human and an extremely endangered race called the Kitsune into one body. The results should have been an ability for Kitsune to breed with the human to extend the races survival indefinitely. Upon completion it was discovered that without some form of artificial life extension he would last a few hours at best.

It was decided to consult with other races on the problem until a solution was discovered. The problem was that couldn't just add an artificial heart, lungs, or anything really, because it wouldn't grow with him. Eventually the small devices would break under the strain and he would die.

Other races though found a way of combining a mechanical gene to a Biological gene. The process was highly experimental and would likely fail, but since Kit was merely a clone they went ahead with it. The attempt was a success, but it gave him some strange abilities. He could pretty much connect with any form of electronics, but only in the form of a mechanical fox. He could also shift between the human and kitsune.

Upon his "birth" he was subjected to several tests and it was discovered that his midi-chlorian count was higher then even some of the former Darth Lords had, but the Jedi academy wouldn't accept him on account of his status as both a robot and a clone. Though he was immediately put into the clone ranks and quickly climbed to become a commander and fight beside the Jedi regularly. Though he still carries no affiliation to them other then fighting beside them. Because of what happened to his best friend and the best Jedi commander in existence

He soon became a bounty hunter, but that didn't last long and soon he became a wanderer, scowering the galaxy for no reason at all. Now he is on a hunt. A hint that requires him not to kill his target.

Last edited:
You know me and Star Wars. I cannot get enough of it.

Of course you can be one of the former friends Kit. He sounds like an awesome character.

I had an idea with his character. You mentioned he was an unaffiliated force user in your character bio. I am not sure how you feel about this but maybe he can be unaffiliated because of what happened with Alezal the Jedi's response to it. He might be a little jaded because of it. Just a thought though.

As for your character Wolf I cannot wait to see what she can get up to.

Thanks, Angelus. That means a lot.

May the Force be with you.

You know me and Star Wars. I cannot get enough of it.

Of course you can be one of the former friends Kit. He sounds like an awesome character.

I had an idea with his character. You mentioned he was an unaffiliated force user in your character bio. I am not sure how you feel about this but maybe he can be unaffiliated because of what happened with Alezal the Jedi's response to it. He might be a little jaded because of it. Just a thought though.

As for your character Wolf I cannot wait to see what she can get up to.

So like maybe he is unsure about who is correct? Maybe he believes his former friend is actually better off in some way?

I kinda like it. Hmmmm.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. He could be after Alezal but unsure whether or not he really wants to turn him back to the light.

I love the first posts.

I love the way they move the thread along, at the pace I wanted it to have. Thanks everyone.

Amen; your post was brilliant. Thanks for the name also. It has a nice ring to it and I can see Alezal having that name as a Jedi.

I cannot wait to see what happens next, although right now I think I have to blast a ship into atoms....

Kit. Sorry to mention this as I missed it until Wolfsister just pointed it out to me but Vader isn't around yet. This is set probably three to four thousand years before Vader came around.

Once again sorry to mention it.

Last edited:
Back