odor/taste issues - help!

I've been in your situation many times before Raven, and it kinda sucks and will make your night suck even worse. Nothing kills a guys libido worse than a woman with a strong or stanky pussy.

So far the best advice on here is the shower before sex. In my case, I dated a woman with your GFs exact problem (possibly nastier) and I simply suggested we both take a bubble bath together. After that, we both got dried off and I went down on her.......the foul odor was pretty much half to 3/4 gone, but still there.....so I sense it is a diet or natural issue.

Definately try the shower/bath before going down on her. If that doesn't help enough, kindly and politely hint to her what is wrong...

But nothing beats a clean and shaved pussy.......mmmmm, mmmmmmm. I can lick and suck on it for quite a while. Good luck!

props

to you raven for such a sweet heart! I love the way you are so eager to listen and are so loving about this situation. Big ole :kiss: for your sensitivity. Your gal will appreciate you for it

It sounds like a real bacteria war going on down there. Aroma comes from the acidity of the area. Best place to start is with some vinegar and water.

Can't bring yourself to suggest it. Well, when in a store that sells douche, ask her if she has ever used anything like that and if so, how it works. At least get her in a conversation about it.

If she refuses to do anything about it then the next trip south you take, make sure you go with a gas mask an a hose. There is no reason for a woman to smell bad except for medical reasons and she shouldn't be letting you go there if there are.

I always sound like a pharmasist when I come on here.

Listerine works as a duche if you water it down or it burns.
Vinegar and water works as well, but hubby said it tastes like he is eating pickles when Ive done that. lol

If she has any kind of infection specially a yeast infection, it can be transfered to you! I would think if you kept track of her cycle you would know when to stay away from there, ie, just before or just after her period.

She may have a higher odor just because its her bodys make up, try flavoured oils or lubes to mask the flavour a bit.
Its worth a try.
Cealy

A lot of people keep mentioning to shower. I know in the US it is custom to shower almost everyday, but not in other countries. A good swipe of the pits and crotch before bedtime can go a long way to. I usually shower, but if I don't get a chance (kids) then I make sure I swipe with a washcloth really well. Being that you may be in that shy kind of phase yet, this is what I would do. Mention to her that "I love pleasing you and there is nothing I love more than a fresh smelling girl. Tell her it really turns you on to go down on a girl who has washed up first. The smell of clean and woman go hand in hand."

The key is to not put blame on her or make her feel self concious. This way it isn't accusatory.

Tell her you'll meet her in the bedroom and do your best to make it as wonderful for her as she does for you. Of course make sure you are doing the same for her. Like someone else said up there, no one wants musty dick either.

Then of course make a big deal during it and that she smells GREAT. Slurp. :D

You all rock. I am overwhelmed by all the positive and informative responses. Thank you all.

FieldofGoldfem- Awww, thanks. :)

pointandshoot & SensualCealy- Thanks for the very practical, useful advice. A pharmacist's advice is certainly something I can use right now. :D

jasmine8316- I really like the way you are suggesting I approach the subject. Direct, but not in a way that will make her feel self-conscious.

SensualCealy said:
I always sound like a pharmasist when I come on here.

Listerine works as a duche if you water it down or it burns.
Vinegar and water works as well, but hubby said it tastes like he is eating pickles when Ive done that. lol

Cealy

Listerine? I understand why it would work but boy, you would really have to add sufficient water. ooooOOHHHH Maybe the new orange flavored one.

There are other types of douche available that do not have the vinegar taste. Check the boxes and get something that lkooks like it has a great taste.

Do not douche too often though because this too can mess up your acidity and allow for possible infections. I have known females that have used it weekly with no problems. I think the industry says monthly. If that is the case, it would be after her cycle.

Speaking of Listerine. My gentleman friend and I try and expirament like crazy. Last time we were together, he had those listerine strips that disolve on your tongue.

Originally, it only started out him wanting to see how it felt for me to use one then suck him - then we reversed the action. Starting first on my nipples, the sucking then blowing softly was an awesome effect. A little while later, he went down - awesome feeling for a woman and I'm thinking - may help with the situation posted here.

At least the listerine things are so strong, the smell of them may help diminish your sense of smell and taste a little (barring the infection possibility).

Quick suggestions:

1) Have a pineapple cocktail with dinner, before getting intimate.
2) Have her increase her intake of water and fruist.
3) Use a mint, or have gum in your mouth when you go down on her. The mintiness will have a fun effect on her, and it'll allow you to deal with the flavour. But I recommend the first two, first.

I see lots of really good advice in this thread, but thought I'd throw something else into the pot for you !

Lets assume that she tries to showers every day, and wont let you anywhere near her if she hasnt... The problem may be any one of a number of things which have already been mentioned, but there is one thing that nobody has mentioned...

Nobody ever taught her how to wash those important little places properly.... it sounds odd, but there are women out there who genuinely dont realise they have to get into the little folds and stuff... much the same as there are uncut guys who dont know about washing under their foresking and behind their glans !

The answer, is the same as has already been suggested, share the shower/tub... personally, I would go with the tub, and make it special ! Candlelight, flower petals, scented oils, chilled sparkling wine etc.... and make a point of slowly and sensually bathing her from head to toe and later towelling her dry with a big fluffy towel !

That way, not only do you achieve your goal of her being squeaky clean, you do it in as romantic a way as possible, and dont risk hurting her feelings !

One of the girls I dated in highschool had a very strong "armpit" odor in her crotch, tasted a bit sour as well. The problem cleared up after I went directly to kissing from licking one night. The next time we made it she was very clean and sweet.

How far in advanced does a guy need to eat pineapple or whatever for it to make a difference? Hours? Days?

Zergplex Says

sinkist2004 said:
How far in advanced does a guy need to eat pineapple or whatever for it to make a difference? Hours? Days?

Just hours will change your taste, I say 3 to 5 days for the full effect. The longer you eat it the sweeter you taste in my experiance. Just a cup a day will change it's taste.

-Zergplex

All girls smell and taste differant. I was with my ex for 17 years and she had a VERY strong and nasty odor. I tried several times to get her to talk to her doctor about it but she never did.
My woman now has a very nice clean pussy and its great to be able to eat pussy once again.

If you've only done it that one time it could have just been that she hadn't showered yet that day, or maybe she was about to start or just ended her period.

hi

Have you ever kissed her after going down, or try getting her to masturbate and lick her fingers (tell her it's a fantasy you have to watch her doing it) she may notice the smell herself with out you hurting her feelings.

You've received some really good advice.....

but I keep hearing shower, and I think a bath would work better!

Also....try sucking on an altoid while your perfoming oral sex...the sensation will thrill the shit out of her, and the altoid will dominate your tastebuds!!!!

A bit late to reply, but to add to the thread, and because I'd like to know if anyone else has found the same...

I found this a major problem before the first time I went down on someone shaved. I'm not claiming wide experience, but longer pubic hair seems (a) to be more likely to somehow trap the odour more and (b) it's a problem in itself when going down. Trimming helps a lot. No need to shave totally and upset the skin etc.

AAACCCKKK, everyone keeps saying douch. No, no, no. When you do that you are washing away all the good bacteria and then bad bacteria start to grow. Talk about an infection starter. And please don't encourage him because you douch and never have gotten an infection. Some women are really prone to them. Ask most GYN's and they will discourage you.

Yes to the shower, or clean up job before sex. I would tell her after shower sex that you really love the taste of her after she's clean like that. Will you do it again for me really soon? Tell her it doesn't have to be shower sex, but freshly scrubbed is the way to go. Make sure you are giving her the same courtesy.

BAN DOUCHE!!

douche is very bad for a girls' "parts."
as the lady b4 me said, it does kill all the good bacteria.
i don't know what else to say, everyone has recommended some AWESOME advice (nix the douching part.)
ALTOIDS are fun...
so is shower sex....
and no baths no longer than 15 minutes for a girl, it can increase the chance of an infection down there.
good luck...

i check my "smell" daily.
i think every girl, should be aware of her scent..

I agree with the no douching thing. Showers are good but temporary and that might not help anything. Some girls can't help it. Discharge and normal, healthy bacteria can create smell and have no way of being fixed. I don't mean to be mean, but you just might not like the way a woman smells or tastes. It is a big turn on for a woman to be with a guy that does, and a guy that is enthusiastic about going down on her so that's what guys think they have to be like. A lot of girls don't like the smell or taste of a guy either, but say that they do just to make the guy feel good. I do that a lot myself.

Last edited:
well said....

TiltedHalo2805 said:
I agree with the no douching thing. Showers are good but temporary and that might not help anything. Some girls can't help it. Discharge and normal, healthy bacteria can create smell and have no way of being fixed. I don't mean to be mean, but you just might not like the way a woman smells or tastes. It is a big turn on for a woman to be with a guy that does, and a guy that is enthusiastic about going down on her so that's what guys think they have to be like. A lot of girls don't like the smell or taste of a guy either, but say that they do just to make the guy feel good. I do that a lot myself.

we are still highly affected by our sense of smell.
they say we unconsciously pick our partners that way.

Just thought I 'd add my contributyion to the growing library....

IF there isn't a health problem, i.e. that you just don't like the taste, smell, feel of her wetness, just keep a rag closeby and wipe her dry as you go down on her.

I do this sometimes with my girlfriend (who can get very wet). I've explained it to her and she doesn't mind. Also she says that she can feel my lips and tongue better when she's not all sopping wet.

Works for me....

Aside from smoking cigarettes I'm never had a woman that smelled "too strong." Usually I'm the other way, not wanting her to shower lest she loose that nice womanly smell. Maybe you need to learn to like it. Did you "really" like the taste of beer the first time you tried it? Try just licking a dk kissing her all over, nuzzling beteen her thighs as you are getting her off with yor fingers. Lick your fingers after you've made her come. Keep at it! Practice makes perfect!

You've got a lot of great advise here. The best bet for my money is the shower sex.
Shower together, play around, soap up, bend her over, slip inside (careful, not too much soap inside, it'll burn!), a few strokes and she'll be clean as a whistle... unless the reasonfor the odor is a medical problem, you should be fine with that.

Back