Not a pleasant scent

G

Okay everyone, you've all done so well at giving advice to anyone who has a problem so here's mine:

My hubby has awful foot odor! It's the middle of winter and his feet STILL reek! It seems to make no difference what he does with them. He washes them, has tried foot sprays and powders, nothing which works for the long haul.

Does anyone have a solution to this stinky problem?

i dont know my brothers feet are so rank too i mean they are so bad if he has his shoes off downstairs you can actually find him on the smell alone. Those charcoal odor eater shoe inserts are good id also recommend getting him those socks that breath (they are real thin material on the top then regular sock around) also buy a new shoes and have him take off his shoes and wash his feet as soon as he comes home. Have him use one of those nail brushes and then clip his toe nails short so no fungi grows under the nail which could be part of the problem- if this doesnt work invest in a clothspin

The smell of his feet may be due to a fungus, and he may have to see a pediatrist. Before taking that measure, wash out his socks and shoes, and put some odor eaters in all of his shoes. Then he has to soak his feet in hot soapy water and then get him to scrub his feet really, making sure to exfoliate as much dead skin off the feet as possisble. He may need to clip his toenails, just in case things are going underneath. Then grease those things up. Use some vaseline on his feet, rubbing it in all over his feet and ankles before he goes to bed at night and then wrap them in suran wrap, and socks (clean socks). And then when he wakes up the next morning he can take the suran wrap off. If that doesn't work, at least he'll have really soft feet.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by *Eve* (edited 02-17-2000).]

ROFLMAO *Eve*!!

Heck with the stinky footed guy, I want to do that to MY feet, which are by far too dry. Saran Wrap on ones feet?
Now let me make sure I've got this straight: First, exfoliate, then lubricate, then plasticate, followed by a pair of socks?

K

Don't forget the footrub when you put on the cream and in the morning K!
Baggies will work to cover you feet too as long as you put on socks to hold them in place.

On those stinky feet try bleach water in about 9 parts water to 1 part bleach. It can be stronger is you are going to rinse it off right away. Lemon juice or shaving cream seem to work well to take away any lingering odors after cleaning.

If possible bleach the hell out of his socks.
The shoes or boots may have to go, if the shoes stink so will the feet that come out of them. Once soured they are almost impossible to fix.

It's not a pediatrist, it's a podiatrist.
smile.gif

In either case, he may have to go see one. Fallen Angel is right, when shoes get nasty, there is NO fixing them. I had a pair get rained on once...in the trash they went.

Anyway, a doctor can find out if it's a fungus or whatnot, and if so can help him out. There's prescription anti-perpirants and stuff now that can work wonders. Also have him try one of those spray powders you can get in the insole aisle in most stores, but he needs to use it every day.

Don't know about the feet themselves, but if the smell gets into the shoes.. Stick them in the freezer overnight. Just let them warm back up to room temp before wearing.
smile.gif

Back