New Poem Recommendations

My personal, unofficial, recommendation of the week

Piscator's The Meaning of Socks
~
Like a magic trick it distracts the reader from the message given in the end with a funny, innocent story of holes in and missing socks to eventually come up with a completely different one. So, all in for my taste: Humor, a twist, romance and play on words. Hope it finds some more lovers.

This is my comment on The Meaning of socks by Piscator

Stands up tall and calls "More, more"!! Fabulous, Fabuuuuulous! If I could crowd surf now, I totally would!
Do not miss this one readers.
A prose poem of Majestic sex! Beneath the Crown by cleoallyson
My Three Chambered Heart Another masterpiece by Piscator and I'm total jealous!
Another fabulous piece, I'm being spoiled this month! Another not to be missed! Is this YOUR collar? by NightingalesSlave

Last edited:
Last edited:
I feel rebellious today, so here's something to get philosophically nail-biting, a AI-co-written piece: VerseByVerse

The question arises, who's the artist, the one creating the algorithms or the one providing the input for them? In a way is this a kind of ghost-writing?

Over the years Google has started and stopped many projects, this too?

Last edited:
Non-Erotic Poems

Is it just me or are these in fact more erotic than the erotic?

Hello by Elora Butler is a touching evocation of love or at least attraction at first sight.

Not just you. I think that easily could have been submitted in the erotic category.

And, now, for my recommendations for this week:

Sunset and Vine by cleoallyson. This is prose-style, and I found it evocative, with some good imagery, and some turns of phrase that really appealed to me.

Two from Lady Amethyst:

Vanilla Nights and You Don't Scare Me

Her somewhat choppy style is a bit challenging for me, but I thought that she got the feeling across in both of these.

Last edited:
Since I've been away I've missed masses of NEW POEMS so I will have to do this in parts.

Playing House by Lady Amethyst.
Lovely piece, with a complete twist, that I could read many times.

Monsoon Season by TheDaggerandTheCup
I think it's solo sex but don't let that put you off, it's hot and phawww lol!

Whispered reassurances by phaesean

I realise it's fiction but I have a weensy niggle. if you're a virgin, a cock smacking hard into your asshole is going to make you do more than scream from pleasure! A virgin ass needs coaxing open with lube and fingers, not rammed in hard, cos otherwise it's gonna hurt like hell! All that said this poem is hot and well worth reading.
More later

A few more recommendations from last week, including a few new names in the poetry categories:

A Woman Scorned by Crpunnit

in love and live history repeats itself (and words and good advice too), nicely caught in two stanzas

~~

Going Down by ArsAmatoria

short and naturally hot

~~

Laundry Day by Emberla

in various stages of foreplay on household appliances from a not too usual point of view - recommended very unaffectedly by having bought a new dryer just yesterday, hopefully, it comes with the same settings

~~

Longing by MsNatalie99

a beautiful collection of romantic analogies to nature

~~

Wendy the Elf by VintageChiffon

definitely a naughty one with a wish coming true

For the Stars by TheNovalist
It's good to see someone who can write a rhyming form without pushing in words just for the rhyme and end up sounding like Yoda speak, as others in this weeks submissions have.

Illustrated Poetry
The Poets: Patient Lyrics by 29 words for now is a wonderfully emphatic illustrated offering esp. during these dark times and i highly recommend this poem!!!!

illustrated Poetry - Against the Wall by Sophiem98, Poetry With Audio - The Call Girl by EgyptianLily
the above 2 Poems hv been nominated for November's Readers/Viewers' choice awards!!!!

Last edited:
Continuing the tradition here's my personal list of recommendations of the past two week including Jan 8th:

Amelia's Plane by jthserra
~ a wonderful tribute to a brave woman getting lost in her dreams

Aphyllous by jenyes
~ a soul stripped bare, wonderfully melancholic

Cold by MsNatalie99
~ the dark and uncomfortable side of winter, when the warmth has left, even more melancholic

Courage and Self Loathing by ChromeCollar
~ blooming from self-conscience to confidence, a very positive one

Her First by freya_1
~ the strange sadness being admired, but only in second place, well caught

Mutual masturbation and meditation by AnnieBagels
~ wonderfully subtle and slow, but very erotic underneath

Somewhere 'Round Here by HollisQueens
~ subtle and figurative as well

The Ballad of Ben Wa by tyedyesissy
~ this week's take on humor, a big smile guaranteed

Triple Sonnet - No. 54 by PickFiction
~ really enjoyed this dream and the wordcraft

View From the Passenger Seat by Lyricalli
~ the most figurative in this selection, the ups and downs of riding through a relationship, a lot to interpret, very nice

You Took My Chains by ValleyVixin
~ passing beyond the shell we all build around us, well caught in figurative speech

My subjective observations and recommendations of new poems as of Jan 15

Erotic Poems

Taking Care of Daddy
by Neverlander a long series of abcb quatrains describing a young woman;s seduction of her stepfather. Highlight include "rhyming" correct with "erect" and "unabated" with "mastubated"

I think Annie would smile to know that #seashanties have become a born again rage with Nathan Evanss The Scotsman. Dougal Readz's True Scotsman expands it to a mfm threesome.

Illustrated Sex Poems

The Poets: Patient Lyrics
by 29wordsforsnow is an evocative evocation and illustration of friendship in the no-man's land of friends in a Cancer Ward

I've chosen some poems to recommend, published from Jan 20th to 25th. Hope you'll enjoy some of them, too.

Walking the Dog with Anne from jthserra
This is one I haven't fully grasped, but I enjoy reading it. There are parts of it that grabbed my attention with a turn of phrase, something unexpected, or what it brought to mind. It got my attention, and I found myself thinking about it.​

What Broke the Night from Fujisashes
For me, this captures one of those "what if" moments of things left unsaid​

Filing Returns from JemsTessa
This is their first poetry submission, and it's a fun, humorous take on office sex.​

Our Eyes Keep Looking from Cleevedreams
I appreciated the sentiment in this one. The author has an intro that doesn't seem necessary or helpful to me.​

Unentitled from Koba
Some of the imagery here just grabbed me.​

Memories from Kalimaxos
Here, there is longing, and that resonates with me right now.​

What's the Password? from Levitating Bed
I enjoy his writing, and this was no exception. Had to look up a few things, but I enjoy learning, so that's fun for me.​

It's been a quiet week, here is my personal recommendation:

Angels' Tears by RiverMaya
a bitter-sweet fable with subtle humor, romance, but also critique; well-crafted​

My subjective observations and recommendations of new poems as of Feb 12, two sleeps before Valentine's Day!

Erotic Poems

I don't know about you but somehow describing a female's external genitalia as a "gash" moves it from erotica to graphic. For me, erotica is about more than sex.

Kiss Me First by Lady Amethyst captures the need to feel "Something More than Fucked."

His Kisses by EMScartet elucidates the consummate kiss.

Non-Erotic Poems

Morning Coffee
by pomegranate48 an ode to java.

Illustrated Sex Poems

Zoom by 29wordsfor snow Another fun merge of text and image by a unique talent.

And yes I expect reciprocation when he next reviews - tit for tat and all that.

Last edited:
My recommendations for the second week of February:

Vanilla Lover by 29wordsforsnow
This one got a giggle out of me and put a smile on face, so it gets a recommend. :)

Into the Deep End by ElorraButler
While I think this could be refined a bit, she captures the lonely, and the mood of it kept me engaged.​

Window and Shutter by Levitating Bed is so very, very good. He beautifully captures the idea that where we've been and who we've been with are essential to who we are and how we see the world.

People have been busy! To make it short, here's my long list of recommendations for February's third week:

ElorraButler started the week with French Kiss that makes you ask for more,
but Pieces of You resonated even more in me. Dismantling a lost love there are now its parts on the table, but no manual to fix those.​

Koba delivered more
but Beyond the Garden let me sit and reread again and again, it bends words with tart irony on the flexion of dogmatic tradition.​

From Moondrinker101's I picked
This love like Ivy. About the sweet poison we love to drink and die for.​

Among PickFiction's my favorite is
Addressing Angels is Somehow Unique, a wonderful paean to someone highly skilled with words, I'm speechless.​

stickygirl's L-word of this week is not Limerick but more traditional:
Love is never wasted and tells us about the blueprints of soulmates we sometimes even find brought to life.​

This week's erotic aftermath:

Teller69 says, all that counts starts inside your head and leaves you
Inflamed - about the spark that not only starts a wildfire but keeps the blaze going.​

Cassandra_shaw sees beyond the surface of a
Queen of Underworld which maybe is eighteen on the outside only; raw and wild as what defines our primal core since the beginning of time.​

Piscator's almost-Villanelle
Valentine’s Day in the Covid Era is short of the standard 19 lines, but in these abnormal days coming close to is all we wish, maybe more than being eighteen again.​

Mememe4 comes closer to
Nineteen, literally. One might wonder why not an even figure, like twenty - well, maybe see above?​

gnomelander sums it all up in
When Bodies Meet, it presents us the factors it takes to multiply and leaves us behind with a greater want for less zeroes when we divide in the end.​

Last edited:
Here are two poems that stood out to me. I will try to post at least one a day all week.

Yoga for sex exercises-by Ma8grets3weaknesses

The poem is well constructed, as well as, honest. It beautifully demonstrates how the mind wanders to lustful places during everyday activities.

https://www.literotica.com/beta/p/yoga-for-sex-exercises

AN ODE TO MY LOVE by -NorthJewel

The poem utilizes a powerful use of word association and vocabulary. The work captures the readers attention, holding it tightly as it takes you on a journey into the mindset of menstrual worship.

https://literotica.com/beta/p/an-ode-to-my-love

Last edited:
Back