New Author Profiles BETA Feedback Request

Works for your own favorite stories but doesn't help me when someone follows me, and I go check out their favorites hoping they've found some good stuff Relevant to my interests, and I get smacked in the face with 3k stories apparently now paginated over 25 pages
Yes this is the worst aspect. I don't even use my control panel favorites list, I hate it so much. I always go to my profile for the full list. I don't want to search for a word, I want to scan through the whole list easily. If this option goes away I think lots of readers, as well, will probably dislike the change.
My thoughts exactly. Control panel method works if you already have in mind what you want to read and search for it. But sometimes I like to skim through my entire favorite list and pick a story which I feel I haven't read in a long time. My biggest issue with this new design is that it makes stories way less discoverable by going through someone else's favorite list. So I hope a classic version of this page always remains accessible for this purpose.

Or, add search to the page. Reverse engineering it in my head, it may be nearly a direct cut-n-paste from the control panel to add search to the favorite story list.

As much as pagination blows, it's inevitable. It's about the only way to work within Google's bullshit and avoid getting deranked. Most of the legacy pages eventually have to go away for the same reason.

Seems I remember there's a browser plugin of some kind that will let you override pagination. Might be something worth looking into for those that search doesn't do well enough for.

One thought: it would be helpful to indicate which series are still being written and which are still WIP.

Does anyone know if it's possible to revert to the old style? I don't want to be negative, but I am finding the new author's page unusable for authors with 50+ stories, let alone over 100. Now only 5-6 stories fit into a visual field and it's tedious to go through stories like that. Maybe it's just that I am used to sweeping fast through the author's stories, but still, I find this new page so damn impractical, even if it looks better esthetically. 🫤

Does anyone know if it's possible to revert to the old style? I don't want to be negative, but I am finding the new author's page unusable for authors with 50+ stories, let alone over 100. Now only 5-6 stories fit into a visual field and it's tedious to go through stories like that. Maybe it's just that I am used to sweeping fast through the author's stories, but still, I find this new page so damn impractical, even if it looks better esthetically. 🫤

The old format is still available. It would be useful, going forward, to have a feature to toggle from one to the other.

The old format is still available. It would be useful, going forward, to have a feature to toggle from one to the other.
Are you still seeing the old style? I am asking since you mentioned that the old one is still available. Is there a way to change something in the URL so the old page gets displayed?

Are you still seeing the old style? I am asking since you mentioned that the old one is still available. Is there a way to change something in the URL so the old page gets displayed?

Go to your home page, and click on the drop down menu next to the icon on the top right, and click on "My profile." I get the old format.

One thought: it would be helpful to indicate which series are still being written and which are still WIP.

That option already exists. Look on your Author's Page. Under Works you will see Series (Beta). That will take you to a page for managing your series, and you will have the ability there to mark a series as complete.

Go to your home page, and click on the drop down menu next to the icon on the top right, and click on "My profile." I get the old format.
I get the new one when I click on that. However, if I mouseover only, the address that shows is a different one so I assume I simply get redirected by the website. You seem not to be. 🫤 Maybe they are implementing it partially? Fuck knows.

I get the new one when I click on that. However, if I mouseover only, the address that shows is a different one so I assume I simply get redirected by the website. You seem not to be. 🫤 Maybe they are implementing it partially? Fuck knows.

You're asking the wrong guy if you want a technical explanation. Try this. Google your name and the word "literotica." It should take you to your bio or submissions page. What do you see if you do that?

You're asking the wrong guy if you want a technical explanation. Try this. Google your name and the word "literotica." It should take you to your bio or submissions page. What do you see if you do that?
I see the link to the old page, but when I click it, it takes me to the new one. Redirection.
Interestingly, even if I copy the address to the old page in a different browser, one where I am not logged in, I still get redirected to the new page.

There's a post by someone with the exact same problem in the Technical Help forum.

Try to click on it in an incognito window. If that takes you to the old submission page, clear your browser cache and cookies.

There's a post by someone with the exact same problem in the Technical Help forum.

Try to click on it in an incognito window. If that takes you to the old submission page, clear your browser cache and cookies.
Nah, doesn't work either. It redirects even in an incognito window. I've even tried randomly googling an author name I know for certain I never checked out and then copying the address without clicking on it and then just pasting it in the incognito window. It always redirects. 🤷‍♂️

Why are improvements always worse🤣

Why are improvements always worse🤣
Thank Google and smartphones. Nearly everything new that happens on a website is in response to those two things nowadays. All the extra whitespace and pagination are there so you can tap things on a smartphone screen with ease.

Odd that some are being redirected to the new page. I still have to manually pull up the new page if I want to look at it. Clicking any link or bookmark still brings me to the old page. The last post I saw on X was providing instructions on how to access it manually.

Thank Google and smartphones. Nearly everything new that happens on a website is in response to those two things nowadays. All the extra whitespace and pagination are there so you can tap things on a smartphone screen with ease.

Odd that some are being redirected to the new page. I still have to manually pull up the new page if I want to look at it. Clicking any link or bookmark still brings me to the old page. The last post I saw on X was providing instructions on how to access it manually.

That's how it is for me. My default is the old style.

I think the optimal thing going forward would be for the site to allow one to toggle from one format to another with relative ease. I like the new format, because I like more information, but I agree with the objections to it. It makes it harder quickly to scan a story submission list, and that's a big negative.

That's how it is for me. My default is the old style.

I think the optimal thing going forward would be for the site to allow one to toggle from one format to another with relative ease. I like the new format, because I like more information, but I agree with the objections to it. It makes it harder quickly to scan a story submission list, and that's a big negative.
I have the beta turned on. I had left my Darkniciad pen name on opt-out, but I recently changed it over to the beta as well.

I doubt that's going to be possible. Google's eventually going to get more militant about its standards and start deranking sites that still have noncompliant pages. Once that happens, the old not-smartphone-friendly pages are going to vanish. The way Google operates, they'll probably treat trying to keep the old pages up but generally inaccessible through standard browsing as Black Hat SEO and derank for that.

Unless Lit ( unlikely ) chooses to update things like that 1999 Readers' Choice Awards page I linked a while back, a lot of Lit history is going to vanish forever as well once the purge is forced on them.

That option already exists. Look on your Author's Page. Under Works you will see Series (Beta). That will take you to a page for managing your series, and you will have the ability there to mark a series as complete.
Not what I am asking for.

I would like to be able whether a series by another author is complete or still WIP.

I would like to be able whether a series by another author is complete or still WIP.
It does for me — at least when the series is completed. Probably should have an in-progress indicator as well. ( and one for true series, assuming we get that functionality on our control panel ) I guess they're assuming that if it doesn't say complete, you understand that it's in progress.

Okay. The option is there, but the author has to use it. I don't think many are doing so.

I think that so far, the designation is only visible in the series portal.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.23.20 PM.png

Where it looks like this.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.22.47 PM.png

I see that the new style is the default so it's not really beta anymore.

Profile bios are still terribly truncated. Now apparently I am told by another that longer bios have a 'see more' link to see the rest of the profile, but on my end I don't have a 'see more' link at all. It's missing. And it's not my browser because I have no 'see more' link on either FF or chrome. So I can see no one's extended bios.

It shows up for me.

lit_series_complete.jpg
And beating a dead horse, "The Arts Ardane" should be marked to indicate it's a true series of connected, complete stories. SOTM is a true incomplete story ( much to my continued frustration )

Back