Mother’s Day 2022: The real reproductive rights battle isn’t abortion, it’s to have and raise children

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, through a spokesman, declared “reproductive rights” the paramount struggle of humanity this week. He is right, but not in any way recognizable to him or his organization.

By “reproductive rights,” Guterres meant abortion – the “right” to kill a child (Tedros openly discussed only abortion). The two were responding to the illegal leak of a draft Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v Wade, which concluded in 1972 – before ultrasound technology and non-invasive prenatal testing was the order of the day in America – that a woman’s right to “privacy” was a constitutional guarantee that prevented states from stopping her from killing her child. The new decision, which Supreme Court Justice John Roberts confirmed is not final, would leave abortion laws to the states, not outlaw abortion, as leftists have disingenuously argued (never mind ban interracial marriage or outlaw homosexuality, as they have somehow concluded).

This week, corporations like Amazon, Citigroup, Yelp, Uber, and Lyft announced this would cut the middleman and just pay for employees to travel to undergo abortions, dodging motherhood as a potential barrier to squeezing the maximum profit out of every woman.

The women who manage to overcome these barriers and have a child face a society that has largely already concluded for them that they will not be raising their child most of the time. Homeschooling – the ultimate act of maternal autonomy – is still frowned upon for allegedly producing poorly socialized, undereducated, or even abused children. The left actively challenges concepts like charter schools that give mothers active authority over the majority of hours in their child’s day. A one-income household is a fantasy for many families. For women who want to work and raise their child – even after the past two years proved that technology can allow for both mothers and fathers in certain industries to work from home with their children – the expectation is that they will simply not parent. Teachers, nannies, day cares – anyone but the mother – will raise that child if a woman wants a place in society.
https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...isnt-abortion-its-to-have-and-raise-children/

The RW actually seems remarkably indifferent to the right to have and raise children. It was no leftist impulse that led to so many mandatory sterilizations in the U.S. in the early 20th Century.

I hope all those having an abortion today make sure to give a middle finger to SCOTUS on the way out the door

Ask every parent, prospective parent, and maybe-would-be-a-parent what the biggest "battles" are related to having and raising children.

In the U.S., most of them will tell you it's about not having enough resources to do a good job of it, or to do it at all. Also on the list will be "uh, well, you know... we might be bringing children into a hellworld with poisoned air, poisoned water, fatal heatwaves, and an insane amount of civil unrest that will (because humans are fucking stupid) push the entire world towards fascism."

Then, listen for the crickets from the Stalwart Defenders Of Having And Raising Children. You'll be lucky if that's all you hear. If you're unlucky, you'll hear frothing, hypocritical rage.

Ask every parent, prospective parent, and maybe-would-be-a-parent what the biggest "battles" are related to having and raising children.

In the U.S., most of them will tell you it's about not having enough resources to do a good job of it, or to do it at all. Also on the list will be "uh, well, you know... we might be bringing children into a hellworld with poisoned air, poisoned water, fatal heatwaves, and an insane amount of civil unrest that will (because humans are fucking stupid) push the entire world towards fascism."

Then, listen for the crickets from the Stalwart Defenders Of Having And Raising Children. You'll be lucky if that's all you hear. If you're unlucky, you'll hear frothing, hypocritical rage.

Nah they'll just tell those parents to quit whining and pull themselves up by the proverbial bootstraps, oh, and then cut taxes for corporations and billionaires again.

Nah they'll just tell those parents to quit whining and pull themselves up by the proverbial bootstraps, oh, and then cut taxes for corporations and billionaires again.
You know, I have never in my life seen a boot with straps. Where does that expression come from?!

You know, I have never in my life seen a boot with straps. Where does that expression come from?!
Cowboy boots have loops to grab for shoving feet in. There are boot hooks for extending reach and pulling with less risk of back injury . Other types of boots with many straps and buckles can probably be seen in boot fetish threads.

It actually originated as an example of something it's impossible to do. Which speaks volumes.

Back