Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2005
- Posts
- 39,700
As a gawky pre-teen, and during the Mod Revival '79...Why do I get the feeling that you did that already.
What-- it's all one way or all the other? This is NOT a binary issue.So this is probably the issue we have been dancing around -- are people innately good, and moral codes just an inconvenience? Or do we have some not so pleasant habits that need to be recognized?
1)People are innately "good" in certain senses, because people are innately social. Even the drug mob members who are raping "for the fun of it" are doing so out of a spirit of cooperation-- only, not with us.
2)We have some not so pleasant habits that need to be recognised.
These facets of human behavior are not mutually incompatible.
3)Moral codes are necessary, but many things are misunderstood as "moral" when they are merely social constructs, and are, in fact, just an inconvenience. Is it possible to untangle the two categories? Yes.
Frankly, Seacat has that habit of connecting unrelated dots... You however, should not.Well, if you look back to how SeaCat launched this thread, nudity is the first thing mentioned.
Just as there's a difference between wearing jeans and mugging some stranger while wearing those jeans, there's an enormous difference between going nude and behaving badly while nude.I would like to agree with you and have done with it -- personally I would like to be able to go naked whenever and wherever. I do that a lot anyway, but at some risk.
A couple of caveats though. Islam has a specific prohibition against public nudity.
The other problems I outlined in a previous post. It's tempting to say that nudity has nothing to do sexuality -- the "nude but not lewd" concept. But that simply is not true. Of course, clothing can also have a sexual impact, sometimes more so that complete lack of clothing.
Last edited:
