manchin's blocking of Pres. Biden's economic agenda will see WVa's ACA premiums rocket by over 50% just before mid-terms

butters

High on a Hill
manchin's own agenda

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...pc=U531&cvid=45202ce5ac024b249c10b406fd9ed2a1

West Virginians are poised to experience the steepest increase in health insurance premiums in the nation if Sen. Joe Manchin blocks Democrats from enacting swaths of their stalled economic agenda in the next few months.
That's according to a new report released Monday from liberal group Families USA on estimated Obamacare premium hikes if Democrats are unable to extend Affordable Care Act subsidies set to expire at the end of 2022. The temporary initiative under last year's stimulus law made health insurance cheaper for millions of people who buy their own coverage through the ACA — either on state marketplaces or the federal exchange on Healthcare.gov.
Democrats had intended to renew the program for at least four more years under the House-approved Build Back Better plan. But Manchin sank it and Democrats have not attempted to advance a smaller version in the 50-50 Senate. In West Virginia, people would see an average premium hike of $1,536 per person, per the Families USA data. Wyoming and Delaware would experience the second and third biggest premium increases respectively.

Manchin would sign onto smaller bills with a more targeted approach. Democrats should be loading those up for his vote.

What, you doubt the premiums will rise?
He probably doubts that Escierto can fuck West Virginia and everyone in it.

Mind you, I've only had sex with one West Virginian in my life so far and that was outside of the actual state, so...I can kinda understand doubt, given the immense scale of such an endeavor. :D

Leads the country in drug overdose deaths per 1000 citizens at 41. Next closest state is at 35. Now...isn't that something to be proud of?

Leads the country in drug overdose deaths per 1000 citizens at 41. Next closest state is at 35. Now...isn't that something to be proud of?
That's because their drug of choice is coal. They seem to have the notion that it's injectable.

Manchin would sign onto smaller bills with a more targeted approach. Democrats should be loading those up for his vote.
No he's a corporate boot licker like many other than Congress hell no

Capitalist pigs oppressing The working Men because of a few extra bucks

I thought the narrative was that it's all Trump's fault. Did I miss the new progressive talking points memo where they start blaming themselves?

That's just the excuse he uses to say no to the big bills. If they did chop them up in smaller bills that are more targeted, he'd just find some other excuse to say no to each of those. Hell probably be a total hypocrite and say these little bills just aren't large and comprehensive enough for him to vote yes on.

He's a completely corrupt peice of shit, and the DNC should primary the fuck out of him, but they won't.

That's just the excuse he uses to say no to the big bills. If they did chop them up in smaller bills that are more targeted, he'd just find some other excuse to say no to each of those. Hell probably be a total hypocrite and say these little bills just aren't large and comprehensive enough for him to vote yes on.

He's a completely corrupt peice of shit, and the DNC should primary the fuck out of him, but they won't.
I disagree. But at least if you made him face the music on the smaller bills, you'd be able to show that he's lying if he doesn't vote for them

I disagree. But at least if you made him face the music on the smaller bills, you'd be able to show that he's lying if he doesn't vote for them

Don't be so naïve. Manchin won't mind facing the music or being shown he's a liar. He likes being seen as the bad guy. It won't hurt him really through his corruption he owns politics in west virginia.

Don't be so naïve. Manchin won't mind facing the music or being shown he's a liar. He likes being seen as the bad guy. It won't hurt him really through his corruption he owns politics in west virginia.
I'm not naive, I realize that Democrats can't reform the filibuster and therefore need to demonstrate that they are doing everything they can to pass even a small subset of priorities. And I realize if they don't, they will lose. Pointing to two people as being the problem ultimately doesn't do that.

Either do shit that you can do or get run over.

Would a primary candidate challenging Manchin from his left win?

Abigail Spamberger tried in 2018 and Manchin's still here.

Perhaps one could beat him, but it'll probably be a tough uphill battle with so many vested interests working against them every step of the way.

I'm not naive, I realize that Democrats can't reform the filibuster and therefore need to demonstrate that they are doing everything they can to pass even a small subset of priorities. And I realize if they don't, they will lose. Pointing to two people as being the problem ultimately doesn't do that.

Either do shit that you can do or get run over.

But that's the problem. It's not just two democrats. Manchin and Sinema was the only ones that felt secure enough to kill BBB but word on the hill was that there were plenty of other corporate democorats that felt the same way but were happy to let Manchin be the one to drop the headsman's axe on their president's agenda so they wouldn't have to. They're more concerned with raising corporate donations and getting inside information for their stocktrading than doing a god damned thing for the americian people.

But that's the problem. It's not just two democrats. Manchin and Sinema was the only ones that felt secure enough to kill BBB but word on the hill was that there were plenty of other corporate democorats that felt the same way but were happy to let Manchin be the one to drop the headsman's axe on their president's agenda so they wouldn't have to. They're more concerned with raising corporate donations and getting inside information for their stocktrading than doing a god damned thing for the americian people.
Yes, obstruction is a thing.

It's a thing that won't matter in November
Primarying Manchin will give us a Republican

Yes, obstruction is a thing.

It's a thing that won't matter in November
Primarying Manchin will give us a Republican

Keep Joe or primary him for a republican to win...either way I don't see the difference. Manchin or another Republican it's the same thing really. They'll both vote the same way.

Back