Maharat's Stories

Prayer for a Mother...

...what a wonderful story. You've touched on so many elements of tragedy and loss, that one cannot help but feel empathy (but not pity) for the characters and reflection about one's own personal losses and the feelings behind them.

I have no context for the story, not having read any other bits from the series, which says a lot for the tale as a standalone.

Very moving. Very touching. I love the women that you write about.

ninefe2dg said:
...what a wonderful story. You've touched on so many elements of tragedy and loss, that one cannot help but feel empathy (but not pity) for the characters and reflection about one's own personal losses and the feelings behind them.

I have no context for the story, not having read any other bits from the series, which says a lot for the tale as a standalone.

Very moving. Very touching. I love the women that you write about.

Thanks! That one holds a special place in my heart.

Maharat

I read careful what you wish for.

A good story. I enjoy dialog and there was plenty.

Nice twist, leaving the ending up to the reader. Now tell us what really happened to her.

I think he turned her into a vampire or a statue. Can't decide.

MJL

I think him turning her into a vampire is out of the question. Gaius is a very conscientious character that makes sure to explain things to her. He would not give her a new life without some introduction first.

That leaves the statue theory, her dying, or her simply waking up the next day with a huge headache...

The mystery.

:cool:

Maharat

About the story...is Gaius supposed to be a specific Roman that the reader is supposed to recognize? I was wondering if he was supposed to be some poet or writer and I was scouring my mind for one who was named Gaius but drew up balnks...

magbeam said:
About the story...is Gaius supposed to be a specific Roman that the reader is supposed to recognize? I was wondering if he was supposed to be some poet or writer and I was scouring my mind for one who was named Gaius but drew up balnks...

Nah. Caius/Gaius is a common Roman "first" name. It is so common it would be abbreviated when one wrote it: C. Julius Caesar.

:)

Maharat

Well first of all I loved Careful What You Wish For, and it's certainly the right story for so many of us who chat online! Good safety tip, though. Beware the person you might be chatting with may be a vampire. I found the interaction between the two characters to be riveting and highly erotic, both when they were online and face to face, more so even than the sex itself (as hot as it was!!). Must be the vampire thing. My vote is she becomes part of the undead, a vampire herself.

So...if a vampire is bloodless, how did he get a hardon? :D

Recently reviewed log

I am constantly reviewing and reposting some of the older stories. Thought I would keep track from now on. Please allow at least a week from the posting date for the actual story to show.

Story ---- Posting Date

Careful what you wish for (new) 3-10-2007

The Road to Alrana Ch. 04 12-10-2007
The Road to Alrana Ch. 05 12-10-2007
The Road to Alrana Ch. 06 12-10-2007
The Road to Alrana Ch. 07 12-10-2007
Wizards of Alrana Ch. 03 12-10-2007
Wizards of Alrana Ch. 04 12-10-2007
Wizards of Alrana Ch. 05 12-10-2007

Last edited by a moderator:
How to polish a sword -

Is approaching 20K views. Who knew the How To category was so popular?

Maharat

Becoming a Queen

Answering to reader's demands, Becoming a Queen Ch. 02 has just posted. It is as sweet as the first.

I hope you enjoy it. I really like the feel of this one, even if it is the least "serious" of my stories.

Maharat

I am stuck

With the next chapter of Out There and Again. I need a couple guinea p... er, readers to give it a once over.

It is a Sci-fi story with some D/s overtones.

Thanks,

Maharat

I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a look over, although I'm a bit busy at the moment so it might take me a few days to get around to it.

magbeam said:
I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a look over, although I'm a bit busy at the moment so it might take me a few days to get around to it.

I hope you got it?

Anyone else wants to have a go at the chapter?

Please?

*Makes begging eyes*

Maharat

magbeam said:

I sent it you you a couple days ago, I hope you got it...

Please?

*Makes begging eyes*

Maharat

I have it, and I've read over it and made a few initial notes, but nothing major yet. I'll try to give it a good going-over this weekend.

Hey, I want to just say I'm really sorry about not getting this back to you...I had a hectic week or two and I kind of forgot about it in that time until I saw it in my inbox...:eek:

Really, I am sorry about that.

Please?

*Makes begging eyes*

Maharat

Anytime you want something read, just let me know. Be glad to. And I won't even make you make begging eyes, batting bedroom eyes are sufficient. ;)

MJL

reposted from the AH

I am doing a guest appearance at a writer's page on myspace. I will post there my latest blog. Any chance you guys would read it and tell me what you think?

It is about my flying lessons.

Just the latest entry, of course.

Maharat

I'll attest that "Becoming a Queen" is well worth reading. Having been given the chance to Beta read this, I got to enjoy it before anyone else. :D

Nice Job Maharat.

MJL

Thanks!

I am also looking for beta readers for the new Longing for the Rain. Any of you that can give it a read, please pm me.

Maharat

Back