Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

I just signed a contract with total e-bound for one of my old manuscripts that have been lying around in my computer collecting dust.

Congrats Rob, you deserve it.

Rosie's Promise Released!

I’m blogging over at Samhain today about my new release:

My mother claims I used to put on performances in the living room. I would set up my stuffed animals and dolls as an “audience,” use my giant Tinkertoys as both stage set and microphone stand, slather on make-up (blue eye shadow and red lipstick – along with feathered banana clips in my hair. I was a gruesome cross between Tammy Faye and Boy George) and put on hour-long singing shows…at the top of my lungs.

When my mother relays this story to friends, family, ex-boyfriends, I always roll my eyes, vehemently deny it, and insist she “Prove it!”

Too bad they didn’t have video cameras back then, huh?

One of the songs in my repertoire was Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield. It’s still one of my mother’s favorite songs. My penchant for it was always its mystery – what were they doing out there on their walk, I wondered? As a teenager, I had an idea… a rather exciting idea.

“Billy Ray was a Preacher’s son,
And when his daddy would visit he’d come along,
When they gathered round and started talking,
Billy Ray would take me walking…” #

This past year we moved to a very rural area. I have to drive ten miles to a gas station and fifteen to the nearest store. The scenery is mostly farmland – lots and lots of corn. On one of these drives, I happened to catch Dusty Springfield singing about that son of a preacher man…

“Being good isn’t always easy,
No matter how hard I tried,
When he started sweet talking to me,
he’d come tell me everything is all right,
he’d kiss and tell me everything is all right,
Can I get away again tonight?” #

As I sang along (still at the top of my lungs – never grew out of that habit – thankfully no one else was in the car!) I had an image of the two of them, holding hands and walking through the field.

By the time I got to the gas station, I knew exactly who Billy Ray and his girl were.

And I knew I had to tell their story.

Cover art by Scott Carpenter

ROSIE’S PROMISE
MARCH 11, 2008
Length: Short Story
Price: 2.50

A summer of love, choices, and change…

Billy Ray and Rosie, each full of the promise of innocence and youth, want more than their rural Midwest home can offer. During this tumultuous Vietnam era, Rosie is excited to accept a scholarship to college.

But Billy reveals his defiance of his pacifist, preacher father by declaring that at the end of summer he will enlist to fight in the war.

With the realization looming that all they may ever have is this one last summer together, Billy Ray and Rosie explore their youthful love and passion. Rosie swears to wait for his return from Vietnam.

But only Fate knows how long Rosie’s promise will keep her waiting in bittersweet vigil—and what the consequences of their actions might mean for their future.

EXCERPT:

“Oh, speaking of picking…” Mama poured lemonade over a glass of ice she set in front of the preacher. “Rosie, will you run out back and pick me… Let me think…”

She frowned, looking up at the ceiling as if the answer were written above her head. “I’d say…fifteen…fifteen ears of corn should do it.”

I couldn’t believe my luck. We were gonna have the opportunity to be alone twice in one Sunday?

“Sure, Mama.” I didn’t bother with my shoes and I tried to make it sound real casual when I stopped with my hand on the screen door, looked back and asked, “You wanna help me, Billy Ray?”

He slipped behind me, pushing the door open as an answer.

“Your daddy don’t care, does he?” I glanced back at the preacher man on the front stoop drinking Mama’s lemonade and talking with my daddy as Billy Ray and I made our way through the field.

“Oh, he cares.” Billy Ray picked a piece of long sweet grass and stuck it between his teeth to suck on. “He just trusts me, is all.”

I lifted my blue eyes to his dark ones and we both smiled. “We got a new lamb. Wanna see him?”

“Sure.” He followed my change in trajectory as we cut toward the barn.It smelled like hay and manure inside and the earthy odor of animals. I stopped to give my horse a nuzzle, rubbing my cheek against his silky black nose. Jupiter nibbled at my long, brown hair looking for goodies, and I giggled, pushing him away.

“Not today, Jupiter.” I noticed Billy’s eyes on me as he leaned back against one of the stalls, his arms crossed, just watching.

“He just wants a little sugar,” Billy Ray noted with a slow smile. “Don’t see as I blame him.”

My cheeks blushed even pinker as I moved past him, hearing his boots fall on the concrete behind me as I made my way to the sheep pen. The new lamb was sleeping curled by his mother’s side but he looked up and bleated as we approached. His mother nuzzled him and bleated back as if to say, “All’s well” and the lamb closed his eyes again.

“Ain’t he sweet?” I squatted down to peer through the wooden slats.

“Yep.” Billy Ray leaned over the rail, chewing on his blade of grass. “Not as sweet as you, a’course.”

I snorted, putting my hands on my knees and rocking back, rolling my eyes. “You think I’m stupid, Billy Ray Harris?”

He smiled down at me. “Why would I think that?”

“I know what you’re doin’.” I stood, brushing my hands over my dress as if squatting next to the pen had made it dirty, and put my feet up on the first rail to peer over at the lamb, making me just as tall as the preacher’s son.

“Yeah?” Billy Ray did the same, bringing his height to a full head taller again. His shoulder brushed mine as he reached up to tip his hat back. “What am I doin’?”

“You’re no better than Jupiter.” I nudged him with my knee. The lamb was blinking, swinging its head back and forth between us. “You’re just looking for some sugar.”

“Aw, come on, Rosie.” He tilted his head when he smiled at me. “Can you blame me? Pretty girl like you…you’d just melt in my mouth like sugar…”

“Billy Ray!” I pushed him with my shoulder, meeting solid resistance. He didn’t budge an inch. “What you’re talkin’ ’bout is a sin. What would your daddy say?”

He snorted. “What Daddy don’t know, don’t hurt him. Besides, I told you, he trusts me.”

I hopped off the rail, brushing my hands together. “Well, now, that was his mistake, wasn’t it?”

Billy Ray stepped off the wooden slat and stood in front of me. “Don’t you trust me, girl?”

I met his eyes, trying to decide if the question was genuine. “Should I?”

“Wouldn’t hurt ya.” He brushed a stray hair off my cheek. It tickled. His fingers lingered over my jaw, his thumb rubbing there.

I glanced nervously past him, clearing my throat. “I don’t know ’bout that.”

Billy Ray frowned, stepping back. “You act like I’m Lucifer come to tempt you with a nice shiny apple.”

“I didn’t mean—” I stopped as he turned and started toward the barn doors. “Hey, Billy Ray, wait up…”

- – - – -
#Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield

Buy it today!
Please?
Pretty please?
It’s cheap… well, it isn’t cheap… not in the Lindsey Lohan/Britney Spears sense… :cool:
but it’s only a couple quid…
AND
It’s sweet, it’s poignant… and it’s HAWT!
(Did I mention HAWT!?) :D
So go… buy… read… and tell me all about it!

:cattail:

Here is the first and only story I have pubished online, if anybody is interested. I warn you though, it is violent and not sexy. This story is 25,000 words of stuff I hardy ever write about. There is no sex in it, uness you count forcible rape as sex. It is nothing at all like almost every other story I have written.

http://www.lulu.com/content/2207187

So far it has sold five copies. I don't expect to get rich from it, but it is a nice feeling.

Last edited:
Congrats, Box, off on a new venture, eh?

Also have an account at Lulu.com, but got bogged down in cover art and formatting, hope to get back to it someday.

Best of luck getting things out there, one never knows...

amicus...

Congrats, Box, off on a new venture, eh?

Also have an account at Lulu.com, but got bogged down in cover art and formatting, hope to get back to it someday.

Best of luck getting things out there, one never knows...

amicus...

Thanks, Ami. :) I don't expect to get rich, but I might make a few bucks from it. Certainly more than I have made from Lit. over almost five years. That's not a complaint about Lit., by the way, because I enjoy posting here, even if I don't make much out of it. :D

I'll see you on Oprah.

"Hooray for Boxlicker!"

Even though I know you published your E-book through EroticExcursions, but because if it distributed through Lulu, as well as 30 other sites, a certain someone, okay, I'll mention her name, DanielleKitten, may accuse you of self-publishing your E-book, as she did me.

Only, you know better now not to belive anything the Queen of the Witch Bitches writes on these pages.

Good luck to you. I hope you sell one million copies. I'll see you on Oprah.

DK remove my name from your blog, please. I'm done with you. Please be done with me by removing my name from your blog. Thank you.

"Hooray for Boxlicker!"

Even though I know you published your E-book through EroticExcursions, but because if it distributed through Lulu, as well as 30 other sites, a certain someone, okay, I'll mention her name, DanielleKitten, may accuse you of self-publishing your E-book, as she did me.

Only, you know better now not to belive anything the Queen of the Witch Bitches writes on these pages.

Good luck to you. I hope you sell one million copies. I'll see you on Oprah.

DK remove my name from your blog, please. I'm done with you. Please be done with me by removing my name from your blog. Thank you.

Thanks for the reference to Eroticexcursion. :) I'm sure I will never get rich or appear on Oprah. So far, the story has sold nine copies. I can just imagine appearing on Oprah and telling her and millions of viewers that I write dirty stories on Literotica. Actually, the E-book has never appeared here, having been rejected as being too violent. :eek:

This is definitely not self-published. :cool:I know I have never been asked for any money. Whether or not it will ever make it into paperback is doubtful because it is only about 25,000 words, making it just a novella. :(

I saw a couple of your E-books being offered by the same sites, so I would assume they were not self-published either.

I like DK :heart: and, although I might sometime have a disagreement with her, which I haven't yet, it would be a cordial one, not a vitriolic argument.

I like you too, Box, so if you ever want to go at it...let me know. I've got some gloves around here someplace...

Here is the first and ony story I have pubished onine, if anybody is interested. I warn you though, it is violent and not sexy. This story is 25,000 words of stuff I hardy ever write about. There is no sex in it, uness you cound forcible rape as sex. It is nothing at all like almost every other story I have written.

http://www.lulu.com/content/2207187

So far it has sold five copies. I don't expect rto get rich from it, but it is a nice feeling.

Congrats Boxlicker. Thats a great accomplishment and although we write because we like to write, the money is also a nice bonus. :)

Erin

Congrats Boxlicker. Thats a great accomplishment and although we write because we like to write, the money is also a nice bonus. :)

Erin

That's true. Yesterday, it sold nine copies and my share of that was $14.44, which is not much, but it's $14.44 more than I had when I got out of bed yesterday. :D

Congrats!

Anyone have any tips on getting e-books out there? I'm used to the old fashioned print magazines where you send the story off, maybe get a reply in six months if you're lucky and then the magazine goes out of business before the story gets published :)

Click the image to enlarge. Click HERE to buy! Features work by AHers: Selena Kitt, Aurora Black, Victoria Blisse (a/k/a English Lady), dr_mabeuse, Alessia Brio (a/k/a impressive), Will Belegon, nirvanadragones, rachlou, The_Fool, Honey123, RebeccaLeah, matriarch, marifree, Lauren Hynde, sheath, and AngelofDarkLust.

Available in eBook and print.

Click the image to enlarge. Click HERE to buy! Features work by AHers: Selena Kitt, Aurora Black, Victoria Blisse (a/k/a English Lady), dr_mabeuse, Alessia Brio (a/k/a impressive), Will Belegon, nirvanadragones, rachlou, The_Fool, Honey123, RebeccaLeah, matriarch, marifree, Lauren Hynde, sheath, and AngelofDarkLust.

Available in eBook and print.

Screen capture! Brilliant idea! ;)

Is it a sign of success* when your next release can be pre-ordered?

Spring Training, the sequel to Double Header, is now available for pre-order from All Romance eBooks. :D

Last season, Andrea Spring had the ride--or, rather, rides--of her life with a pair of pitchers in Double Header. As the new season rolls around, Andi's focus has shifted from players to coach. Does Mark Hamilton have what it takes to earn Andi's trust and complete Spring Training?

Published By: Phaze Books
ISBN # 978-1-59426-874-8
Price: $5.00
Word Count: 46,000

* Actually, this is in preparation for the Romantic Times BOOKlovers Convention (Pittsburgh, 16-20 April) where the title will debut. The whole idea of pre-ordering an ebook seems silly to me. I mean, it's not like there's a limited quantity.

Is it a sign of success* when your next release can be pre-ordered?

Spring Training, the sequel to Double Header, is now available for pre-order from All Romance eBooks. :D

Last season, Andrea Spring had the ride--or, rather, rides--of her life with a pair of pitchers in Double Header. As the new season rolls around, Andi's focus has shifted from players to coach. Does Mark Hamilton have what it takes to earn Andi's trust and complete Spring Training?

Published By: Phaze Books
ISBN # 978-1-59426-874-8
Price: $5.00
Word Count: 46,000

* Actually, this is in preparation for the Romantic Times BOOKlovers Convention (Pittsburgh, 16-20 April) where the title will debut. The whole idea of pre-ordering an ebook seems silly to me. I mean, it's not like there's a limited quantity.

Would you just shush and let me have my J.K. Rowling moment, woman? (said in my best Samuel L. Jackson voice...)

:D

It's not pre-order :p but it is available on Amazon right now ...

This print edition contains ebook novellas "Artistically Inclined" (which debuted here on Lit), "Bound for Success" (its sequel), and a chunk of "Erotique" (to introduce readers to our paranormal series' characters).

Phaze ponied up the funds to put 100 copies of this in the promo room at the Romantic Times BOOKlovers Convention in Pittsburgh later this month (since that's where the book takes place). :cool:

I have a novel now published in eXcessia. The novel is titled Amateur Stripper. It is now my fourth published novel. I have used the profits from my publishing to buy a villa and a yacht [and that's all true, except for the parts about the villa and the yacht.]

Wow. I gotta say, I'm getting better. I got chapters 5 and 6 of, Moche' Gold back from the editor last night. A total of six edits. That's pretty amazing. I sent chapters 7 and 8. They should be back in a few days. Book is half finished and flowing like MAD. Looks like about 25 chapters or so.

Selena will get if for eXcessica in about a month, I think. :D

Last edited:
Ahem <Muted Fanfare>

MOB-S.jpg

Ladeez and Gennelmen. I wish to announce the long-awaited (well, by me, anyway) debut of my work of Western Fiction, "Mail Order Bride", now available for your delectation from Aspen Mountain Press

Details of other works containing my scribbles from Xcite Press - yes, in Print, on Paper - can be found on my embryo http://www.alex-de-kok.comWeb Site

Back