I've been offered a commission... And I'm completely befuddled... Help!

I gave him the range in my response to you. The most common amount for a first-time ghostwriter is $0.10 per finished word.

Not written erotica that is within their boundaries. I'm paid through PayPal for most of my writing. Of course, most of my work published under my pen name comes from the publisher through Paypal, but I think the lion's share of that they collect by PayPal. Everything other than perhaps Amazon.

Edit: If you use PayPal as your payment for Ghostwriting, then PayPal has no way of knowing what that work consists of. Only that your client paid you for services rendered. In theory, you might operate as a hitman and use Paypal as your preferred vehicle for receiving cash. Probably not the smartest way, but you know, it's a way.
What they don't know won't hurt you.

Someone messaged me to write a story for them. It's fairly specific, but nothing I can't handle (in other words, no subject matter that I would be opposed to, personally -- it sounds like a sweet romance/hook-up between two people on vacation). I would have to do some research because they want some specifics (places, mannerisms, etcetera), but they said they would read my first draft and help with that.

Of course, I'm wary about strangers on the internet and I've never done a commission piece before. I usually just get hired to do my thing or to share my knowledge/experience, so I have no idea how to proceed with this.

I am waiting for a response on word length and compensation (and I understand that I would make more money working at the local supermarket).

So, what do I need to know? Thank you!!!
just remember the old saying; cash talks, bullshit walks. It's all bullshit until you see the long greens.

The greens never stick around long for me, and they can still often be motivated by plenty of bullshit. I personally don’t like bullshit. That’s why I don’t waste time with it and be sincere in all I write.

Congratulations on finding someone to pay you for writing. I hope you will entertain them and the rest of us with your skills.

Back