Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to learn grace.

LOL, I need to learn not to be a smarty-pants. Now I have had an article accepted for publication my careers counsellor says I must write and ask for more work from the universities, and not make it evident when I go to see them that I'll do this to all their teaching practices :rolleyes:, and cause the managers a packet of trouble by being too efficient at marking. :eek:

LOL, I need to learn not to be a smarty-pants. Now I have had an article accepted for publication my careers counsellor says I must write and ask for more work from the universities, and not make it evident when I go to see them that I'll do this to all their teaching practices :rolleyes:, and cause the managers a packet of trouble by being too efficient at marking. :eek:

You have a career counsellor. And an article accepted for publication. I'm sorry, I just needed to repeat that... and add to my message above:

I need (1) to learn grace, (2) a career counsellor, and (3) an article accepted for publication. :cool:

You have a career counsellor. And an article accepted for publication. I'm sorry, I just needed to repeat that... and add to my message above:

I need (1) to learn grace, (2) a career counsellor, and (3) an article accepted for publication. :cool:

LOL, yes I have a good degree from a world-class university, a PhD, a REFable article - and no job. So I decided to get a career counsellor. After a few sessions of putting up with me whining and flirting, she has started to give me excellent perspective on why I might not be getting a job. It's a pity, cuz I like slobbing about at home posting on here instead of working. :)

(BTW, it took me about two years and a co-writer to get the article! The one I wrote before I was in a university for a year where they had really really good support towards writing - lots of seminar series and people who were editing journals all over the place so they made you come and give a paper and then said, You should submit that to my journal and made sure you got good referees who gave you good feedback, not any old nutter.)

steve, not THAT kind of grace! But now that you mentioned it, I should learn to do that too. :rolleyes:

Naoko: It's ok, I don't have a job either. This shall be a fun summer with cover letters and CVs. Kill me now.

steve, not THAT kind of grace! But now that you mentioned it, I should learn to do that too. :rolleyes:

Naoko: It's ok, I don't have a job either. This shall be a fun summer with cover letters and CVs. Kill me now.

Hey for the jobless brilliant people! :nana::nana::nana: I will share my counsellor's insights, then you can save on a counsellor. ;)

Actually I think a counsellor is a really good investment if you've been struggling at all, LOL. But I will share any insights.

And now I must run! :eek:, it's school photo day! Get those pigtails in, get that face nice n' clean!

:kiss:

I'm here till Saturday. Don't forget to tip your waitress... :)

I just unfriended someone on Facebook because they are a constant reminder of how unhappy I am.

I just unfriended someone on Facebook because they are a constant reminder of how unhappy I am.

Good move. I'm discarding a lot of grumpy people who get in the way of having fun myself.

Handley_Page said:
Dawn's roseate fingers are cold & cloudy today.
Never mind, dahlink. Pull up a chair and have a coffee and a gossip in Naked Party.
:rose:

Now I KNOW I'm unfit.
I went to the gym this morning and, after last weeks "ye gods" and familiarisations, got stuck in to putting a bit of effort into the things.

I'm knackered!
And after only 40 minutes of 'work'.

Got a stiff hill to climb, I reckon.
:)

Now I KNOW I'm unfit.
I went to the gym this morning and, after last weeks "ye gods" and familiarisations, got stuck in to putting a bit of effort into the things.

I'm knackered!
And after only 40 minutes of 'work'.

Got a stiff hill to climb, I reckon.
:)

40 minutes! :eek:
That is so impressive. My Gosh! you stuck it out for 40 minutes, that's totally :cool:.

(BTW you have to feel knackered or it clearly isn't working properly!)

Ssh ssh, he keeps a secret cane behind the bar in Naked! You must not tell anyone. ;)

Not any more; some rotter pinched it to get home while drunk.
I'm rather glad 'cos I could not quite understand the need for the embedded razor blades.

Ssh ssh, he keeps a secret cane behind the bar in Naked! You must not tell anyone. ;)

I won't tell, but it could be good physical therapy...

Dr. Christiaan Barnard was once asked if he thought long distance running was good for the heart. He replied that you could get the same effect by visiting a leather-clothed woman with a whip, and it would be a lot more fun.

I won't tell, but it could be good physical therapy...

Dr. Christiaan Barnard was once asked if he thought long distance running was good for the heart. He replied that you could get the same effect by visiting a leather-clothed woman with a whip, and it would be a lot more fun.

:D Probably cheaper too, going by the price of fashionable running gear.

HP said:
Not any more; some rotter pinched it to get home while drunk.
I'm rather glad 'cos I could not quite understand the need for the embedded razor blades.

:D:D, the exercise hasn't dulled your razor sharp wit, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back