Is Literotica a 'Male Centric' site?

I agree that they are a majority, but I will also dare to say that they are likely a weak majority. I am of course basing this on my own impressions only. I believe there is a good number of readers who prefer a story with plot and character development. The problem is that the data on Lit is so damn unreliable, almost useless, so these impressions we form aren't even rough estimates; they are mostly based on our own perceptions and maybe even preconceptions of the website and the internet as a whole. That is the only reason why I am opposing this firm conviction of yours, even if I am unable to offer anything better or more reliable myself.

I agree with you and with AchtungNight. What is the point of making sweeping generalizations that aren't based on anything other than one's own subjective experience, which isn't based on any systematic study of the stories at this site? There is no point. The one thing I can say that is factually true is that this Site has thousands and thousands of stories, readers, and authors of every type, and there are plenty of readers and authors who don't in any way fit into this "male-centric" narrative. That's what we know for sure. The rest is just guessing and overgeneralization.

The one thing I can say that is factually true is that this Site has thousands and thousands of stories, readers, and authors of every type, and there are plenty of readers and authors who don't in any way fit into this "male-centric" narrative.

You don't have any more data on that than anyone else has on anything. Your assertion can be dismissed just as easily as any other that you claim can be dismissed based on your own criteria of dismissal.

You don't have any more data on that than anyone else has on anything. Your assertion can be dismissed just as easily as any other that you claim can be dismissed based on your own criteria of dismissal.

It's based on 20 years of reading hundreds and hundreds of stories and participating in this forum and listening to what others have to say. That's real data. I have no numbers or percentages, but it's obvious if you pay attention that I'm right that there are "plenty" of such stories and authors and readers who like them.

It's based on 20 years of reading hundreds and hundreds of stories and participating in this forum and listening to what others have to say. That's real data. I have no numbers or percentages, but it's obvious if you pay attention that I'm right that there are "plenty" of such stories and authors and readers who like them.

Which is exactly the same data that I am using and have said so clearly! Holy fuck! (shakes head)

I would rather imagine that erotic appeals to both sexes. But here, honest to God, I haven't a clue if it is male-centric or even has a centric.

The centric is just a myth that women perpetuate to make men try harder.
Dude, you’re disrespecting women’s viewpoints. That ain’t cool. We’re basically at their mercy here if we want a positive connection with them.

Are you talking to me, @AchtungNight. You must be, I'm the only one here.
No, I was talking to the people who shame and shun me, who spoke earlier. I just didn’t address them specifically to avoid a notification beacon on their end. They’ve been saying the same thing to me- I’m just using different words. Sorry for confusing you, I don’t dismiss your opinions.

Just checking. It's hard to know who one is talking to if it isn't a direct response or some reference to the individual. Since it followed right after my joke, I wasn't sure.
Dude, you’re disrespecting women’s viewpoints. That ain’t cool. We’re basically at their mercy here if we want a positive connection with them.

No, I was talking to the people who shame and shun me, who spoke earlier. I just didn’t address them specifically to avoid a notification beacon on their end. They’ve been saying the same thing to me- I’m just using different words. Sorry for confusing you, I don’t dismiss your opinions.

Which is exactly the same data that I am using and have said so clearly! Holy fuck! (shakes head)

No, you are not. For one thing, you have admitted you don't read that many stories at Literotica. So you would have no way of knowing what a majority, or even a significant proportion, of Literotica readers want. Post number 174: "stroking men are obviously the biggest demographic here." Your generalization is not based on anything but your personal opinion. Number 2, you are making a far bolder and more extravagant claim than I am. You keep claiming to know what a "majority" of readers want or what the "biggest demographic" is. I don't do that. I make no such claim and admit I don't know. I merely claim that I know that there are "plenty" of readers who want something different from what you claim. My claim is more modest than yours and it is more empirically sound.

My wife's preferred viewpoint is seeing the sunlight shining off my bald spot as she looks down between her legs. That's the only viewpoint I have to respect. :)
Congrats on finding a woman willing to give you positive attention. May we all earn the same one day (except those who don't want it, of course).

No, you are not. For one thing, you have admitted you don't read that many stories at Literotica. So you would have no way of knowing what a majority, or even a significant proportion, of Literotica readers want. Post number 174: "stroking men are obviously the biggest demographic here." Your generalization is not based on anything but your personal opinion. Number 2, you are making a far bolder and more extravagant claim than I am. You keep claiming to know what a "majority" of readers want or what the "biggest demographic" is. I don't do that. I make no such claim and admit I don't know. I merely claim that I know that there are "plenty" of readers who want something different from what you claim. My claim is more modest than yours and it is more empirically sound.

Bullshit and you know it.

Sure there are all kinds here, every taste imaginable and a few that you can't, but the filler base of the population is male stroke. It shows blatantly in the membership, in the readership and in the stories. You don't need any official data to back it up. It's like looking out the window and seeing that the sky is blue. You don't need any data for that. Just open up 20 random stories and you will find 12-16 simple male fantasies. You don't need a statistical study for that.

This is my experience, not my blind generalization. Just like your experience has been. It just didn't take me twenty years to figure it out. : P Ignore whatever you want if that's what it takes to make yourself feel smart. I really thought that you were better than that.

We're not invalidating your experience and opinion. We're just insisting it's not universal and doesn't have to be. In that, I think we are the respectful ones.
I'm curious. What makes you think this site falls outside the statistical norm?

I'm curious. What makes you think this site falls outside the statistical norm?
I didn’t say the site did necessarily. Speaking for myself, my interests are outside the alleged statistical norm. The same is true of other Lit patrons. So for a significant portion of people here, what you call the norm is not valid.

I didn’t say the site did necessarily
It wasn't clear exactly which conviction you were opposing, but it sure seemed like you were opposing the conviction that "stroking men are obviously the biggest demographic here, so of course the stories and the culture will skew that way".

And it seemed that your opposition to that conviction was based on it being wrong in your personal case.

Which makes it sound like you are the whole site.

But if that wasn't the conviction you were opposing, then no wonder I heard that wrong. (?)

(Straight) male fantasy almost never has sexy men in it. The most that you will usually get is one quick line to say that he works out and keeps fit just to check the box.

Male authors, do you agree with that generalisation? I'm not talking about your own writing, but in general.
Female authors, do you agree with that generalisation? I'm not talking about your own writing, but in general.

And what about the converse? Does (straight) female fantasy almost never have sexy women in it?

My own reading and writing tastes on this site are pretty atypical, so I have no idea about this.

Last edited:
Male authors, do you agree with that generalisation? I'm not talking about your own writing, but in general.
I think the bulk of straight male stuff might have sexy men, but mostly a man's idea of what women think is sexy. Tall, handsome, powerful, dressed generically in "a suit" or "denims and muscle shirt" (depending on the occasion), and with a large cock. I could be wrong, though: it's been a while since I randomly read any stories here, but that's what I recall my impression being.

The answers here are going to be a bit skewed by the fact that AH denizens probably have higher standards when it comes to the stories they read.

Back