Incest and Marraige Question

blood tests for Marriage

With both my Marriages in Washington, Blood tests were not required. I don't think Utah requires one either.

sex but not marriage

my understanding is that most provinces and states have laws that define who may and may not marry, the idea being that if two people marry who are closely blood related, that their offspring are more likely to carry the recessive, weak, and disease-transmitting genes. in other words, inbreeding tends to create unhealthy offspring, as we have often seen with irresponsible animal breeders who closely inbreed their animals, especially dogs.

your marriage licence application will likely ask if you are related by blood to your prospective partner and will state specifically which relations are not allowed to marry (i remember many years ago in ontario that it was on our application, complete with a list of relatives who were not allowed to marry). otherwise check with a lawyer. remember too that a marriage is a legal contract which is very difficult to extricate oneself out of, so be sure to think carefully before you enter into it.

all that said, there is probably no good legal reason why two close family members could not have sex if they wanted to, as long as they were careful not to produce any offspring. society would look down upon such relationships, but society looks down at a lot of things, so i think the answer is that what two legal adults choose to do consensually is between them ... once again, so long as no offspring are produced and both participants are willing (no coercion).

hope this helps. let us know.
sam

my understanding is that most provinces and states have laws that define who may and may not marry, the idea being that if two people marry who are closely blood related, that their offspring are more likely to carry the recessive, weak, and disease-transmitting genes. in other words, inbreeding tends to create unhealthy offspring, as we have often seen with irresponsible animal breeders who closely inbreed their animals, especially dogs.

your marriage licence application will likely ask if you are related by blood to your prospective partner and will state specifically which relations are not allowed to marry (i remember many years ago in ontario that it was on our application, complete with a list of relatives who were not allowed to marry). otherwise check with a lawyer. remember too that a marriage is a legal contract which is very difficult to extricate oneself out of, so be sure to think carefully before you enter into it.

all that said, there is probably no good legal reason why two close family members could not have sex if they wanted to, as long as they were careful not to produce any offspring. society would look down upon such relationships, but society looks down at a lot of things, so i think the answer is that what two legal adults choose to do consensually is between them ... once again, so long as no offspring are produced and both participants are willing (no coercion).

hope this helps. let us know.
sam

Dude, please check the use-by dates on threads before adding anything :)

If it's something that's really, really important, probably best to start a new discussion on it.

why bother adding answers to a thread that's 6 years old? that's some pretty serious desperation.

ed

sorry

sorry folks.

as i mentioned in another thread, i found this thread through an archive thread which linked to this one, and i didn't realize that this thread was so old.

i thought the thread was current. i was not being desperate, i thought i was really giving advice to someone who needed it ... who knows, maybe someone will read it and be glad for the advice anyway.

anyway, sorry, i didn't mean to resurrect such an old thread. please forgive me :)
sam

it's OK, dude. you're new, this sorta thing does happen to new folks.

and you know, it's nice that you may be resurrecting a dead thread, you're doing so because you're being helpful.

i think that rocks, dude. :>

ed

I know this thread is old, but after reading it I did some research about the laws here in European countries. There seem to be quite a few in which incest is legal, France for example. In Germany only vaginal intercourse is illegal. So long. :)

What about 1st cousins? Is this legal in the USA?

my guess is, likely not ... the blood lines are too close.
although i think this is permitted in virginia and arkansas ...
hahaha

sam

What about 1st cousins? Is this legal in the USA?

my guess is, likely not ... the blood lines are too close.
although i think this is permitted in virginia and arkansas ...
hahaha

sam

It's still legal in many states. It wasn't that long ago that cousin marriage was socially acceptable, either, actually. Einstein married a first cousin.

Can't believe I'm talking about this but w/e....

In NY State, Incest is only illegal if you are married. Therefore if you weren't married when you had sex with a family member and you were legal adults, then you can't be tried for it.

As for marriage, I hear New Jersey doesn't check, nor if things aren't in complete black and white do they check.

Okay say you have a father, with two different mothers. The siblings are only half brother and sister, and the birth certificate shows only the mother's names. Well, in that case the marriage would hold up. I've seen this actually happen and the half brother and half sister had been raised separately and hooked up during high school without knowing. They ended up finding out, but felt that it wasn't really wrong as neither had known their father, and they hadn't been raised together.

But this whole thing can raise a lot of thoughts and controversy.

For those of you wondering, no, I haven't talked with either in a while, and last I saw, no they didn't look anything like eachother. The brother was big, ugly, and a little dumb, while his half sister was small, meek, and very pretty. They found out oddly enough when their mothers had gotten together a year after their marraige to talk, and discussed former loves, and found out themselves first.

I personally love the idea that they got together and had accidental incest, and they are still happily married.

edit: doh, missed the posting dates...

I believe that blood relationships within an imediate family are illegal, if it is not a blood relationship such step relations then it is legal and you could marry. (not that your family would be crazy about it) The only state to my knowledge that doesn't blood test is NV.

According to this site, only four states still require a blood test (and checking the info for those individual states, looks like a couple of them have since dropped that requirement).

In any case, a premarital blood test isn't likely to identify that the couple is related. They're there to detect diseases that might be passed on to children (syphilis being one of the major reasons why it was introduced).

I like that this thread got brought back. I dont think people should get criticized for commenting on old threads. Nothing wrong with it.

Its interesting to see different people's thoughts on incest and what the different laws are and what people THINK the law is.

No blood tests are required here. They were indeed used to detect disease, not relation. Incest is illegal here in my state as between immediate family including step paretn/step children, grandparents, uncles/aunts, but not cousins. However, cousins may not marry here.

That all depends on the particular jurisdiction. With the exception of Rhode Island, incest is a criminal act in the US. How a particular defines incest varies. In some places, step-sibling marriage is illegal (though those laws are rarely enforced), in others, it is legal for 1st cousins to marry.

No jurisdiction in the US allows for parents to marry their children, or for full/half blooded brothers and sisters to marry. In some states, no member of the same household is allowed to marry even though they are not blood relations.

As to your second question; Look up the Allen and Patricia Muth case in Wisconsin.

I got some questions pertaining to marriage and incest since i'm writing a few incest stories. If anyone can help me answer these questions I would really appreciate it.

First question: If a woman gives up her son for adoption and he gets a different last name and later on the woman and son meet and they want to marry is that illegal?

Second Question: If a woman gives up a son for adoption and then later in life has a daughter who meets the son her mother gave up which turns out to be her half brother and they wanna marry is that illegal?

And last question: Can two step siblings marry?

I suggest you spend a few hours on the web looking up 'Incest Law' for where ever you plan on setting your story.

advice

Hi all

think I finally decided to open up my ideas about having sex with my mom after 18 years waiting. She is 62 years old but still looks hot. Do you think I should say through like ripping tge band aid or I should take it easy? I tried to seduce her couple of times but it did not work out. One time I even tried to kiss her lips but she got away from me. I did not receive any positive signals from her about me having sex with her. She is a very modest woman. I don't care if that can mess out our relation I just want to have her in my bed so much

I believe that blood relationships within an imediate family are illegal, if it is not a blood relationship such step relations then it is legal and you could marry. (not that your family would be crazy about it) The only state to my knowledge that doesn't blood test is NV. However I still believe that they ask if you are a blood relation.

That's just my take on things. I hope it helps.

When I was married a decade ago, they didn't ask for a blood test in Kentucky. They did ask if we were related by blood, or if we were married to anyone else at the time of the marriage license being issued.

S.

Kentucky is still this way, there is no blood test required. when we got ours back in August. I know South Carolina doesn't because we planned to elope there at first. I believe the only states that actually require a blood test these days is District of Columbia, Mississippi, and Montana.

*Sigh* Did not realize this was drug up from 2013.

Hi all

think I finally decided to open up my ideas about having sex with my mom after 18 years waiting. She is 62 years old but still looks hot. Do you think I should say through like ripping tge band aid or I should take it easy? I tried to seduce her couple of times but it did not work out. One time I even tried to kiss her lips but she got away from me. I did not receive any positive signals from her about me having sex with her. She is a very modest woman. I don't care if that can mess out our relation I just want to have her in my bed so much

Grow a pair and quit bumping threads from the yesteryears.

As for fucking your mom even if she projected a clear no to your pathetic advances, I can do nothing other hold a mirror up to your face and say what a hopeless dolt you are.

But, being the dolt you are, you'd take that as a compliment too.

Asshole.

Hi all

Trolling for humiliation much?

There was actually a case that I heard on talk radio. A man and woman met and married. She couldn't have children and this opened the topic of adoption, they were both adopted. He was raised in California, she was raised in Alabama. Long story short, it turned out they were brother and sister. She was okay with the fact, he wasn't. He divorced her, she was devastated as he was her soulmate so she said. But as far as the legality, no one was trying to prosecute them, but I know most state's it's illegal for brother and sisters to marry. I think there are a few states that still allow cousins to marry but that's about it.

I just found this thread and haven't read it all. I have written a number of incest stories and a recent essay, What Is Incest? To summarize:

* Biological incest is, as mentioned above, mating within an arbitrary degree of consanguinity (shared DNA).

* Social incest is a cultural thing -- some (sub)cultures expect or even require sibling, uncle-niece, and first-cousin marriage while others ban any consorting within a clan or moiety with vanishingly little shared DNA.

* Legal incest varies widely among jurisdictions and may include relatives by marriage with no shared DNA and even ex-relatives. See Wikipedia on laws regarding incest around the world.

Whether an incestous (however it's defined) marriage will cause a couple legal or social trouble is a function of their time and place and how open they are. Were I to knowingly marry a parent, child, or sibling, I might not want to brag about it -- unless I wanted a reality-TV gig. ;) And if we were open, we should avoid visiting certain jurisdictions.

EDIT: Oops, this is indeed an ancient thread. Fuck me.

Last edited:
Can I ask, not because I want to judge but because I want to understand .... What turns a person on about incest? :confused:

Back