I need to trim off 10 pounds fairly quick.

Don't have the tools or facilities for that. And don't want to bulk up, just tone and trim.

I do what lifting and carrying I can instead of using carts, even if I have to make several more trips. The flab is in the gut though, not so much in arms and legs. So, with that in mind, I try to do bending and twisting to work that area.

Bulking up is really really hard. Look at athletes like Rhona Rousy or any number of tennis players. They need strength yet they look really good. Strength training can help give you that toned look. Again, bulking up is very difficult.

The only way to lose weight is burn more calories than you take in. NO Junk Food. Dieting is very hard. Easier to exercise more. Step up the exercise for a month. Don't change diet just start doing an actual workout. Do 10 pushups, situps and jumping jacks every morning or evening for a week. Next week do 15 each, the week after 20 then 25. Keep eating the same, increase activity fairly drastically for 10lbs in one month.

I swear by rowing machines for all over workout. Bicycles for burning calories.

Weight training. You're welcome.

Yeah, that is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Aerobics has never done much because I've always been active.

Unless it's running uphill, that will take it off as well.

Right on Learin!! Definitely don't be afraid to pick up a set of 10 lbs dumbbells. You actually build muscle, but you also have to increase caloric\protein intake to fuel the repairs in the muscles!! Keep up your hard work....its sounds like you are starting to see some fruits of your labor.

The bulk of what we are is water.

I stopped all snacks and my coffee consumption increased. We need adjust ourselves to less water. Water is the stealth villain in blood pressure, too. Water has zero calories but has mass and weight. Plenty of what we eat embraces water. Salt comes to mind. I imagine sweat is the chief benefit from exercise. Ditto toil. Ditto sauna's.

^^ The more I sweat, the more I drink. The more I drink, the more I sweat.

I've noticed that in more ways than one. In the summer when I'm outside doing yard work, I almost always have a cold drink within arm's reach. In cooler times now, it's coffee or bullion.

I think it's more habit than need, but it's one I'm hard pressed to break.

Without meaning to sound too gross, when I was tanning last fall before the Sun got too weak, I could leave an outline on the deck in a matter of minutes.

at some point in time, people will learn to focus on health instead of weight. After that, the rest of the nonsense falls into place.

That pants I put on this morning are almost too loose when 4-6 weeks ago they were almost too tight. Belt is in about 5 holes from where it was then.

So, despite the scale numbers, the waist size is definitely changing. Thighs too.

Weigjtloss

Use an app called My Fitness Pal...its free and it works...and get. Food scale..whole battle is really about portion control...youll see how many calories are on your plate and them realize you didnt need such a big plate.

And its free and can synch with a few items,like the fitbit charge HR...

Good luck....

Now how about some b4 pics..??????

Food scale..whole battle is really about portion control...youll see how many calories are on your plate and them realize you didnt need such a big plate.

You know, while I don't do portion control in that way, I've noticed something in recent days. I'm not as hungry, so I don't eat as much. A few months (or even weeks) ago, if I opened something or cooked something, I ate all of it. Maybe one sitting or two, but then it was gone. That could have been a whole chicken for example.

Now when I open a can or make a pot of soup, I might eat some for a day or two, then store or freeze the rest. That same chicken might last three or four days and be added into several other dishes in smaller amounts.

I make less of stuff too. About half the spaghetti I used to make; one bunch instead of two.

And I don't find myself nibbling on chips or cookies while browsing the web like I used to. If I opened a package of cookies, it was gone by the end of the next day. I opened one two weeks ago and part of it is still in the freezer. (Yeah, I freeze stuff like that to keep it longer.)

Fish-ich tonight. Tilapia fillet nuked with Spinach and a bit of lemon juice.

Noticed today that I was no where near as winded after the morning walk/jog or after the afternoon walk around the yard even with the hills.

I didnt read all the answers here, so im not sure if any suggested this. Drink a gallon of water a day an you will see a difference. If you dont get enough water your body actually holds water, so drinking more will cause your body to release all extra fluids

Good for you!

I think it is awesome the way you say you are reshaping your body. Don't pay too much attention to the scale. If things are looser, fat is being shed, and muscle it taking it's place. Don't forget, SLEEP is a huge part of your bodies recovery mechanism. Don't skimp on it. And bodyweight training requires a small area. A body sized piece of floor, and an equal chunk of barren wall. A horizontal bar to hang from, and you are shiny.

Continued success in your fitness journey.

YHS,
DS

Sleep! I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one.. very smart <tapping temple>

I get lots of sleep, maybe too much sometimes. Plenty of fluids also, maybe too much on some days.

Scale hit another marker yesterday. Fluctuates some daily, but on the downward trend and hit the desired 10 pounds lower. Now I have to decide on going another 5-10 or work on maintaining. I'll probably go lower for now considering all the rich foods and sweets coming up in the next few weeks.

Still have to work on toning though no matter what. Things need to tighten up. Some places are flabby now with the underlying stuff going away.

And focus on not going back up again.

Congrats on hitting your goal! Keep doing what makes you feel better. And the consistent work will continue to pay off.

YHS,

DS

D'oh!

Forgot to say something that helped me when I started my journey toward a leaner me.

When out at most restaurants, there are enough calories on that plate for 2 MEALS! So I seriously start eating smaller. Pushing away from the table before I felt full.

And, I did not skip treats, just ate one or two or sampled someone's "Family recipe." Not so much portion control, but modifying how I THOUGHT about food. Savoring, slowly what I was eating. Trying to see the recipe in my mind (If I liked it, so I might recreate it.)

Anyways, apologize for the ramble. Enjoy the journey!

DS

Common view is that potatoes and corn are all starch. They may not be as bad as thought though from some reading I've been doing.

So a bowl of new red potatoes (with skins), corn and green beans with some seasonings; no butter or salt is what I'm having now.

I have will-power, and whatever's a problem I stop doing. DONT DO IT is the only method that works.

This week will be tough with all the goodies planned. Hopefully a wash more than a loss of progress.

Getting back into the swing of things after the First might be an issue. At least the weather is allowing some outdoor activities. I can only do so much inside for some reason despite the treadmill and bike.

Back