I hate these stories, but not for what seems the usual, obvious reason.

This is an interesting reply. Please let us know what you would have done? Let's set groundrules too: It's 10:00 p.m.; Your job is a grocery store checkout person; the customer is an idiotic teenager, where the odds of things really happening as he is hoping are probably quite slim; he is purchasing vegetables; there are people in line behind this person; and you need to still have a job afterwards. Please proceed?

The customer did say "gang bang," not rape. What it actually was might be beyond the ability of the cashier to know.

It any case, if the cashier did know the location of the frat house he could arguably call the police and ask them to stop by. In a big city that would probably not work. However, in the outer ring suburbs and such the cops are often looking for something to justify their time. I've seen the police in those places respond to matters that would be ignored in a city.

This is an interesting reply. Please let us know what you would have done? Let's set groundrules too: It's 10:00 p.m.; Your job is a grocery store checkout person; the customer is an idiotic teenager, where the odds of things really happening as he is hoping are probably quite slim; he is purchasing vegetables; there are people in line behind this person; and you need to still have a job afterwards. Please proceed?
I forgot to clarify, it was a Friday or Saturday night, mid 80s, express lane, which means (you would have had to have experienced such a high skill job to appreciate this) that probably half of all the customers at that time on a weekend were buying beer, and also, roughly speaking, one in ten of those would be feeling all exuberant and chatty, so hearing stories from them of how great the upcoming evening was going to be was not at all uncommon.

We’ve veered off topic, but nonetheless, the best way to address people who criticize everything while never offering better solutions, is to ask them to actually prove that they really do know it all.

Given that the person was believably associated with a fraternity, and that the banana in question was apparently very uncomfortable looking, its entirely likely they were making the entire thing up as an excuse to talk about something crude with a captive audience.

Occams razor to the rescue?

Given that the person was believably associated with a fraternity, and that the banana in question was apparently very uncomfortable looking, its entirely likely they were making the entire thing up as an excuse to talk about something crude with a captive audience.

Occams razor to the rescue?

From what information is given, okay, better than average odds that it's something illegal.

I forgot about something regarding the police: the cashier could try contacting the campus police / security force. I'm not sure how far off-campus their authority would extend, but they would probably have some credibility if they made their own contact with the municipal police.

Slight digression: in 1992 the City University of New York started it's own security force because the companies it had contracted for "guards" were so inept. (I know that from 1970s incidents.) Of course this is mostly a commuter school so they only have a handful of dorms and frat houses to deal with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_University_of_New_York_Public_Safety_Department

https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/safety

This may be relevant as a example of a typical American college. The University of Indiana is in a large town/small city environment.

http://enrollmentbulletin.indiana.edu/pages/security.php?t=spring

Law Enforcement Authority

The IU Police Department coordinates law enforcement and security on the Bloomington campus. All officers are trained and have full police authority. The Bloomington Police Department is the municipal police force for the City of Bloomington. BPD officers respond to off-campus calls, but also may assist IUPD officers with on-campus incidents. Calls to 911 made from campus phones will be received by IUPD; those made from cellular or off-campus phones are received by BPD.

Off-Campus Behavior

Any violation of law, wherever it occurs, may be reported to the University by contacting the IU Police Department directly or informing other university officials. Such violations, either on campus or off, may subject students to campus disciplinary action pursuant to the Code (http://www.iu.edu/~code/)

Last edited:
[*]Get gay bowel syndrome, which isn't just for gay males, it would apply to anyone routinely doing lots of anal (lots of stories)

Fucking hell, here's a wikipedia rabbit hole I was not expecting to go down as I browsed this thread; I had no idea this was even a real thing until you posted it! Yikes!!

I brought this up earlier but have seen no answer. What does it take to be rape on LIT?
Characters (any gender) forced to suck cock don't seem to fall under the they-must-enjoy-it rule. Is anyone clear on Laurel's standards for various types of rapes? Are only penetrating vaginal and anal rapes covered by the rule?
Are forced hand and blow jobs not rape on LIT? Forced tit or armpit fucks? Forced disrobings? Any sexual act that doesn't include penile or instrumental penetration of vagina or anus? How about forced finger-fucks and tonguing -- rape or not? Hey, we could have a Rape-Or-Not? poll or site.

Haven't you been here long enough to know that the answer is whatever Laurel perceives it to be on the day she looks at your submission?

Haven't you been here long enough to know that the answer is whatever Laurel perceives it to be on the day she looks at your submission?
Not MY submission!! :eek:

I guess I'm asking authors if stories with non-consensual but non-PIV sex have been rejected as violating the day's rape standard. Not that many authors read this forum. Maybe I'll take this to AH.

Back