Can you please fix this or make it more useful at least.

alan_dee

Virgin
You have a list of most popular stories, which I am guessing is for every category. The problem I have with it is that almost posted story in the lists is a part 3 or part 8 of a story. This just seems ridiculous because it's no longer a link to the actual story. You know have to click on it, then choose the author and then find the part 1 to the story, which is all a bit of a pain in the ass.

Can you possibly create a list of top stories that doesn't include stories that have numerous chapters, or maybe include a link to directly go to the beginning of that story.
Giving us a list where almost all of the stories don't actually take us to the beginning of that story seems like a pointless list to me.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it would be nice to be able to use a list of popular stories where I was able to go to choose a link that took me to the beginning of that story.

If you're asking for a change to the site, you can try posting in the tech support forum. You will probably not get a response there either, but posting here definitely won't.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it would be nice to be able to use a list of popular stories where I was able to go to choose a link that took me to the beginning of that story.
It's been a request for at least ten years, probably closer to fifteen, to have Top Lists for single stories, to break the domination of multi-chaptered stories in those lists. It's a very low priority for the site...

It's been a request for at least ten years, probably closer to fifteen, to have Top Lists for single stories, to break the domination of multi-chaptered stories in those lists. It's a very low priority for the site...
What is your definition of low priority? jk

You have a list of most popular stories, which I am guessing is for every category. The problem I have with it is that almost posted story in the lists is a part 3 or part 8 of a story. This just seems ridiculous because it's no longer a link to the actual story. You know have to click on it, then choose the author and then find the part 1 to the story, which is all a bit of a pain in the ass.

Can you possibly create a list of top stories that doesn't include stories that have numerous chapters, or maybe include a link to directly go to the beginning of that story.
Giving us a list where almost all of the stories don't actually take us to the beginning of that story seems like a pointless list to me.

Oh come on, it's only one or two extra clicks to get to Chapter one (click on the writer's name, rather than the story, then find chapter 1 of the series). Done. Only take a couple of seconds longer.

As an author you can also include links to the first chapter of your story, but it's a pain to do - you're right, it should be easier to do on the site.

Back