I’m so old I remember…

I'm so old I remember when I used to smoke. On planes, in the office, in bed.... Now I cannot believe I used to smoke, let alone inside the house.
Now days I even feel sorry for someone that is smoking. Wonder how long until they realize it is not worth it.

I'm so old I remember when I used to smoke. On planes, in the office, in bed.... Now I cannot believe I used to smoke, let alone inside the house.
Now days I even feel sorry for someone that is smoking. Wonder how long until they realize it is not worth it.
I smoked heavily for 40 years. Now even the smell makes me retch

I am so old I remember when New York State was clean!
You could see the bottom at 12 or more feet in the finger lakes and see which fish you wanted to drop your fly near even in the Susquehanna.
Now the rocks don't dry and have a slim on them. The lakes are full of weeds and the water is full of particulate. Not enough oxygen in the water to support the native aquatic life now replaced by a lower class of fish. Even the Walleye are small if you get lucky enough to catch one.

Playing 78 rpm vinyl records my parents had. Then came the 45 rpm and 33 1/3 rpm vinyl records.
Surely, the 78's were shellac? Did you ever put old ones in the oven to get them soft then make them in to flower pot holders that were thrown away with out ever being used because they were hideous😂

So old that I remember when a shitload of used hypodermic needles washed up on the Jersey Shore.

I think that was the beginning of the end for the cleanliness of the jersey shore.

I’m 56, but my great gran had a bunch of old 78s.

And those weird old cylinders. I guess Edison was trying to create a few different type of records, the flat disk, and also the cylinders.

So old that I remember when a shitload of used hypodermic needles washed up on the Jersey Shore.

I think that was the beginning of the end for the cleanliness of the jersey shore.
I remember that, but never saw a needle. I was mostly Stone Harbor up to Sea Isle City back then. Later Long Beach Point Pleasant and lots of fishing off Island Beach, never saw any there either. AC there was a lot of trash people left on the beach. I think these days it is cleaned up a bit better. They make it hard to drink on the beaches there now. People are a bit more responsible. I also think with all the climate hysteria driving prices up people are generally becoming more conservative. Preservation is free. No need to throw money at the grifters. As well, from my 15 years in jersey I learned that increasing the property tax exorbitantly gets rid of the rif raf pretty quick. It eventually got rid of me. I wanted to spend more money on me.

Back