Growth and purpose as a writer

indigogaia

Virgin
I started publishing stories here about 13 years ago with a good 11 year gap between submissions. I find my stories naively innocent and cringy when I reread them but I feel that’s a more of a sign of someone not secure in their own creative process and in sexual expression. It’s interesting that it’s pretty obvious (to me) through the evolution of my stories that I have shed some, not all, of my acquired societal led shame about expressing or, more accurately, living my sexuality and ideas.

As someone who often chooses unhealthy or misaligned partners, I have found that stories allow me to fill that need without engaging in real life, damaging toxic relationships. I commented on another thread that my writing is often compulsory, definitely triggered by something as I can go years and years without writing a word. I am wondering if the expression and publication of the story is simultaneously allowing me to put out into the universe, the exact energy and reciprocity that I desire from a partner.

I am not quite sure of my purpose for this thread, other than I am not a prolific writer by any means. I don’t consider myself an author. I am just a breeder of the stories until they need to be released. But I do know that going back to look at everything I’ve written, each one of those stories in its time has helped me grow and articulate my needs and desires.

I am thankful for this safe space and audience while I use writing to learn who I am and pursue my interests. I’ve published 6 stories here. Including my very first published story here, after which I promptly lost my login information and could never revisit. https://www.literotica.com/s/all-because-of-a-napkin

Feedback welcome or even discussion on what writing/reading does for you and how it helps you grow in all areas.

Thanks for making it this far.

I recognize some of my own demons in your post... My real life relationships have always been quite vanilla, and I have never really revealed any of my sexual fantasies to any of my partners, as I am sure they wouldn't be well understood and received. Living in a small, vanilla town doesn't really let you express yourself fully, as the danger of being judged and shunned is quite real. For example, there isn't a single person I know who dared to out himself/herself as gay. Yet, at the same time, being a straight male womanizer is somehow a positive thing. So yeah, I also use writing here as a vent for some of my sexual fantasies, in addition to other reasons like trying to see if I can write at all, and indulging my love for fantasy

I recognize some of my own demons in your post... My real life relationships have always been quite vanilla, and I have never really revealed any of my sexual fantasies to any of my partners, as I am sure they wouldn't be well understood and received. Living in a small, vanilla town doesn't really let you express yourself fully, as the danger of being judged and shunned is quite real. For example, there isn't a single person I know who dared to out himself/herself as gay. Yet, at the same time, being a straight male womanizer is somehow a positive thing. So yeah, I also use writing here as a vent for some of my sexual fantasies, in addition to other reasons like trying to see if I can write at all, and indulging my love for fantasy
Best of luck figuring out how to free yourself. It’s quite a journey, isn’t it?

Indeed. There was a time when I wouldn't be able to express my fantasies even with the anonymity that Internet provides. Although I do realize how insignificant my issues are in comparison. I can't even imagine how hard it is for some people to pretend, while living in such a society and being gay, lesbian or trans deep inside.
In all honesty, it is quite a nice town in many other aspects, but meh...

Last edited:
Fully understand this. The pretzels we twist ourselves into in order to stifle our wants and desires. Would love to have a convo with my 18 year old self and not influence but discuss true health.

Thanks for putting up the link to your story. I really enjoyed reading it and admire your writing style. If you're interested, you could put a link in your signature space with a link to all of your stories and maybe get more eyes on your works.

Like the story you linked to; I too like the intimacy of the first person POV. In yours, I view it as a master class lesson in how to write an intimate moment in a female's perspective — they are far from cringe worthy IMO. Welcome back to Lit and I hope you find a nice escape from reality here.

I truly appreciate this feedback, the compliment and the suggestion for the signature addition. Thank you!

Back