Good source of "both sides" news

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

I like to see the issue from multiple perspectives, and this site does a good job of getting past the talking points of the day to the actual arguments. They post a list of politics links everyday, about half from conservative and half from liberal news, and they seem to find the best editorial and analysis writing on the internet.

Real Clear Politics isn’t a source for news. It’s a source for editorial opinions. There’s a big difference.

If those are your sources for news, then you’re not getting any news at all.
Most news is heavily editorialized at this point. A good analysis article usually links to other articles or at least cites known facts. This is why people still read the OpEd pages.

I like to see the issue from multiple perspectives, and this site does a good job of getting past the talking points of the day to the actual arguments. They post a list of politics links everyday, about half from conservative and half from liberal news, and they seem to find the best editorial and analysis writing on the internet.
That is a link to another editor's take on what the media line is that day. Very limited on current events and biased on what it reports.

What stories do you think they are missing today, and what bias do you see today?
Most of those headlines are stories about stories.
All of them are biased and liberal click bait. I didn't see one article I would have clicked as the 'facts' are what another media outlet said. Not actual facts.
Try reading at least the headlines in citizenfreepress.

Most of those headlines are stories about stories.
All of them are biased and liberal click bait. I didn't see one article I would have clicked as the 'facts' are what another media outlet said. Not actual facts.
Try reading at least the headlines in citizenfreepress.
You might hit the "Kidneys" article then. Lots of interesting citations.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/real-clear-politics/

History

Founded in 2000, RealClearPolitics (RCP) is a Chicago-based political news and polling data aggregator. Operating under the RealClear brand, there are 14 RealClear websites that cover various platforms, including RealClearInvestigations, RealClearDefense, RealClearScience, RealClearReligion, and more. The Founders of RealClearPolitics are John McIntyre, an options trader, and Tom Bevan, an advertising account executive.

In 2007, Forbes Media took a 51% equity stake in RealClear Holdings. In 2015, Crest Media, which owns the Middle East news outlet Al-Monitor, and the original owners bought out a large equity stake that Forbes Media had possessed. Crest Media was founded by the president and chairman of Houston-based Crest Investment Company Jamal Daniel. Daniel is also the founder of Al-Monitor.
Funded by / Ownership
RealClear Investors and Crest Media is the owner of RealClearPolitics. John McIntyre is the Co-founder & CEO, Tom Bevan is the Co-founder & Publisher, and Erin Waters is the President of the RealClear Media Group. According to Political Wire, RealClear operated a far-right website by the name Conservative Country; while this website is no longer in existence, the associated Facebook Page has 800,000+ followers. The Facebook Page publishes pro-Trump, anti-immigrant, Islamophobic, far-right memes and information, many of which link back to RealClear properties. RealClear generates revenue through subscriptions and an online advertising model.

Analysis / Bias
In review, the website features selected political news stories and op-eds from various news publications in addition to commentary from its own contributors. Though their own political views lean conservative, the site’s founders say their goal is to give readers “ideological diversity” in its commentary section. In reviewing their political news and opinions, there are slightly more that is published from right-leaning sources. However, both sides are represented. Real Clear Politics is known for its RCP Polling Average, which combines all polling data to create a statistical average.

Been reading them for years.

Drill down to the original article, and you read:
“There were companies paying RealClear for traffic, and Conservative Country was another RealClear page that companies could promote on,” the writer said. “The whole thing was money based, not activist based or anything like that.”

I can't speak for all of its formats, but for me, I like C/C++ because I like structure. Then again, sometimes it pays to think like a microchip. I am indifferent to most of the new languages although I am curious about Go. They all look like C-LISP hybrids to me.
Just to give a frame of reference. I grew up with dad's paper-punch cards and my first training was in Cobol and Fortran for business applications. From there I moved into dBase languages. It all looks Greek to me now and I haven't programmed since my Apple IIs morphed into Mac-daddies...

Wall Street Journal?
Washington Examiner?
VOX? Financial Times? THE NATION???

Fucking rw-propaganda machine in overdrive.

You have to go to Salon to get the "right" links to the news.

Screw the fact that my home page opens up to the AP news feed. Man, I go to RCP and it just flies right out...

The center column on the RCP page are opinion pieces from a variety of publications, some well known like NYT, WSJ, MSNBC, Fox News, and others less well known including Substack and indie stuff. It’s 100% opinion, not “news.”

The left side features some headlines, usually major stories about economic reports, market swings, international conflicts, natural disasters and things like that. Usually the sources are well known outlets like AP, major newspapers or broadcast outlets. Sometimes an obscure headline pops up there.

On the right side is all the polling data. The national polls are the usual firms most often commissioned by news outlets - Quinnipiac, Marist, Gallup, etc. The state polls are typically from lesser state firms that metropolitan news outlets rely on. The RCP average is simply an average of recent polls. An outlier can skew it, and the methodology among polls differs. Its only value is as a weather vane. Usually stories that summarize polls have links to the raw data, but not always.

I scan RCP each morning. I rarely read the editorials but find it useful to glance at headlines to pick up the various spins on things.

The center column on the RCP page are opinion pieces from a variety of publications, some well known like NYT, WSJ, MSNBC, Fox News, and others less well known including Substack and indie stuff. It’s 100% opinion, not “news.”

The left side features some headlines, usually major stories about economic reports, market swings, international conflicts, natural disasters and things like that. Usually the sources are well known outlets like AP, major newspapers or broadcast outlets. Sometimes an obscure headline pops up there.

On the right side is all the polling data. The national polls are the usual firms most often commissioned by news outlets - Quinnipiac, Marist, Gallup, etc. The state polls are typically from lesser state firms that metropolitan news outlets rely on. The RCP average is simply an average of recent polls. An outlier can skew it, and the methodology among polls differs. Its only value is as a weather vane. Usually stories that summarize polls have links to the raw data, but not always.

I scan RCP each morning. I rarely read the editorials but find it useful to glance at headlines to pick up the various spins on things.
One of the best investigative reporters in the country works for RealClear Investigations, Paul Sperry.
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/

One other thing worth mentioning about RealClear. They also have pages that aggregate articles unrelated to politics including Realclear Markets, Realclear History, Realclear Investigations, and Realclear Climate to name a few.

I grew up with dad's paper-punch cards and my first training was in Cobol and Fortran for business applications. From there I moved into dBase languages. It all looks Greek to me now and I haven't programmed since my Apple IIs morphed into Mac-daddies...
Similar situation here. I miss the A2s. Macs just do not have the same... flexibility? Fun factor? Something. Can't put a finger on it.

Back