Free Association thread 6

Now I'm confused. Are we talking American chips or British chips?

And if it's the latter, how do they serve the fish with the chips?

1) British

2) Overhand, trying to bounce it past the batter to knock down the wicket. If it hits the batter, it's then deep fried.

Now I'm confused. Are we talking American chips or British chips?

And if it's the latter, how do they serve the fish with the chips?

Time was once when the ships were served in a newspaper outer layer. It's since been banned.
Fish is wrapped in separate paper.

Time was once when the ships were served in a newspaper outer layer. It's since been banned.
Fish is wrapped in separate paper.

These paper-wrapped ships ... was there not a tendency for them to become water-logged? :)

Well, it was - until the Group controlling "the Sun" took it over.
You could believe what they said at one time.

But if we didn't have such bastions of journalism like The Sun and The National Enquirer how else would we find out the truth about Bigfoot, Nessie, and world leaders actually being lizard people?

But if we didn't have such bastions of journalism like The Sun and The National Enquirer how else would we find out the truth about Bigfoot, Nessie, and world leaders actually being lizard people?

You mean - they aren't ?

Fake news! You're probably reading the Times or the Sun.
How can you have "overwhelming evidence" against something no one has seen?

I miss the stories about Nessie. They were so much more interesting than the reports of which Burger King Elvis was working in that week.

Maybe this will help, JK; it's our local lake monster up here in the Kingdom.

Champ

I lived over near Ogdensburg back in 2006 and 2007. After seeing the size of the mutant raccoons there, the idea of something like Champ roaming the lake doesn't surprise me at all.

I lived over near Ogdensburg back in 2006 and 2007. After seeing the size of the mutant raccoons there, the idea of something like Champ roaming the lake doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm pleased to report that only the Pike get to BIG sizes in our local lake. :)

That is one sockin' big fish.
I think that the EU record is something like 50lb.
The 47lb specimen was 51.5 inches long.

I think I'll settle for Bream or Roach to about 4lb.

Whale this has been interesting getting schooled about fish, maybe it's time to scale it back some? :D

Whale this has been interesting getting schooled about fish, maybe it's time to scale it back some? :D

Oh my cod! There's definitely something fishy about this post. I'm sure it's no fluke that it came from a Floridian. Maybe I'll flounder around a bit, but I'm sure I'll not make a gaff in landing this one.

Oh my cod! There's definitely something fishy about this post. I'm sure it's no fluke that it came from a Floridian. Maybe I'll flounder around a bit, but I'm sure I'll not make a gaff in landing this one.

As usual, I'm at the tail-end of this flippin' sequence

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

(Thank you Joni Mitchell)

Personally, I think it also applies to the "cloud" in computers.

Back