Following list

AnnieLit

Literotica Guru
This is about the boards, not the follow an author side of things.

- I have a list of people I follow.
- All of a sudden one name disappears.
- When I search for the username the hint doesn't come up (you know, when you type half the name and you get suggestions for the rest of it)
- But the username is searchable, so I can still see the posts.
- When I click on the name I am given two options: unfollow and ignore. (Remember, the person is NOT on my follow list!)
- One more detail: the fact that the message is not one of the options only means that the person closed off their PMs. I checked from my very old alt account and the result was the same: only two options offered, follow and ignore.

What does it all mean?
Did the person block me? Was that account somehow restricted? Or what?

Last edited:
If you are searching for their username and it doesn’t appear as an option, that person has been banned, suspended, or asked that their account be closed. This does not apply to people with no activity since the forums were upgraded, but if they have had activity in the past couple of years these are the only scenarios that would result in their name not appearing as a member.

If you are searching for their username and it doesn’t appear as an option, that person has been banned, suspended, or asked that their account be closed. This does not apply to people with no activity since the forums were upgraded, but if they have had activity in the past couple of years these are the only scenarios that would result in their name not appearing as a member.
Oh, fuck 😢
Thank you for the clarification.
I don't think this person was banned or suspended, his recent activity was rather kosher, so he must have asked to close his account.

Last edited:
On the second thought...
PhotoKink is my old account that I asked to close a few years ago. When I search for the name not only the prompt doesn't come up, but nothing at all shows up when I run the search for that member. The only way I can find anything is by searching for the thread name. And the name PhotoKink there is static, it's not linked to a profile.
https://forum.literotica.com/threads/hello-world.1508479/

For this person, on the other hand, I can get a list of their recent comments up to about a week ago. And in all those comments the name is a link to a real account that can be followed or ignored.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514-124312.png
    Screenshot_20240514-124312.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 4
Yes, that all varies. I have an old account that was closed and if my username is searched, the posts only show up if they were quoted. All threads I started are gone. I actually regret that quite a lot. Even when accounts are closed for cause, sometimes they disappear, sometimes they don’t. I think it might vary by who does the closing, but that’s just speculation.

Ugh... OK, so looks like he is gone for good.
I guess I will go cry about it somewhere else, no real need to do it in public.

Back