First Album You Ever Bought

Seriously, there was something wrong with me as a child. God, I sure hope that got fixed over the years.

Anyway, this is the first album I ever remember buying. I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. I'm *coughthirtyfivenowcough*

160904_1_f.jpg

head*desk

Journey to the Center of the Earth is the one I have. I still listen to it every once in a while.
So do I, when Lady P ain't in da house. Same with all art rock...she's just not a fan. You should get ahold of Six Wives. I like it better.
Seriously, there was something wrong with me as a child. God, I sure hope that got fixed over the years.

Anyway, this is the first album I ever remember buying. I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. I'm *coughthirtyfivenowcough*

160904_1_f.jpg

head*desk

Hey...don't let it bother you. Culture Club was a fun band for the time. Besides, you were only 9 or 10. No kid at that age can resist pop culture.

Okay. I don't feel so bad now.

But I may or may not watch The Wedding Singer just to hear George sing "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" over and over and over again.

You at least had far better taste in Christmas gifts than the person who gave me this.

200px-Chipmunks_Beatles_US.jpg

I kid you not.
I got your name in the gift exchange and it seemed to "fit" you. I guess I was wrong. Better luck this year. *wraps electric poodle groomer*

album-double-fun.jpg

followed by

America
Grand Funk Railroad
Doobie Brothers
Bee Gees
Peter Frampton
ELO
Firefall
Ambrosia
and many others.
As for musicals

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club (Frampton and Bee Gees)
and
Xanadu

Last edited:
I still own a vinyl copy of the Chipmunks Christmas Album...

Yeah, but that was the original cute little Christmas song and all, right?

The Beatles?? I mean, wtf? Why not the Stones while were at it? Or maybe the Chipmunks perform La boheme. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but that was the original cute little Christmas song and all, right?

The Beatles?? I mean, wtf? Why not the Stones while were at it? Or maybe the Chipmunks perform La boheme. :rolleyes:

Heh...It wasn't like I chose it...it was inflicted upon me by parents when I was like three years old.

I saw them in concert in their prime...great band.
I would have loved to have seen the Passion Play concert.

The first time I saw them was after War Child, which album I thought was a bit crappy.

But I did see them again during their 20th Anniversary tour, at Irvine Meadows, and that was amazing.

I would have loved to have seen the Passion Play concert.

The first time I saw them was after War Child, which album I thought was a bit crappy.

But I did see them again during their 20th Anniversary tour, at Irvine Meadows, and that was amazing.
I'm sure there are a lot of great touring bands out right now (I don't to concerts much these days) but I don't think there will ever be bands like those that toured from the late 60's and into the mid 70's.

I have a younger brother.

My older brother is responsible for my love of Jethro Tull. I guess we're just far enough apart in age...My sister and brother went to see them at Colt Park in Hartford, CT, which was the last rock show they allowed there...

My older brother is responsible for my love of Jethro Tull. I guess we're just far enough apart in age...My sister and brother went to see them at Colt Park in Hartford, CT, which was the last rock show they allowed there...
My love for Jethro Tull came from the radio. Later, I did meet a girl, a flautist, and an even better graphic artist, who was absolutely nuts over Tull. I never could summon the courage to ask her out. She's still a great artist, but I doubt whether she even has a flute anymore.

Back