Ferguson Neverending

CDdNRK2XIAAKqBL.jpg

Ferguson supporter at Baltimore protest for #FreddieGray today

But the lawsuit asserted that Perez Lopez, a construction worker and Guatemalan immigrant, was trying to flee from a man who was taunting him when two plainclothes policemen grabbed him from behind.

Because they “wore civilian clothing, and did not identify themselves, Amilcar was not able to determine that the men were police officers,” the lawsuit said.

When Perez Lopez wriggled free from the grip of one of the officers, one policeman fired five shots into his back, and other fired one shot into the back of his head, according to the lawsuit. The suit did not explicitly address the police allegation that the man was carrying a knife.

Five in the back and one in the back of the head? The definition of OverKill!

One of the six officers suspended in the death of Freddie Gray was accused of domestic violence by two different women, according to a story in the London-based Guardian newspaper.

Citing civil court records in Carroll and Baltimore counties, and quoting (but not naming) one of the alleged accusers, The Guardian says Lt. Brian Rice "was temporarily ordered by a court to stay away from a second person." The paper does not detail the accusations, and neither do the accusers, according to the story:

"Rice's first accuser declined to discuss details of the cases on Tuesday. 'Brian is a good guy,' she said. The second accuser declined to comment." Here is what the online court record says: During 2013, a Brian Scott Rice who resides in Westminster and is 41 years old had a long child custody battle with his girlfriend. The abuse allegations arose during that. The case was settled by consent in December of 2013.

The 2008 case involves a Westminster Brian Scott Rice with the same birthday as the one with the 2013 case—but a year later. Other court records indicate that Lt. Brian Rice of the Baltimore Police Western District has middle initial S.

http://touch.citypaper.com/#section/545/article/p2p-83377571/

City Paper photo editor J.M. Giordano beaten by police at Freddie Gray protest

Reuters photographer Sait Serkan Gurbuz, who was standing nearby, did get arrested and taken away in the police van, and was later released and cited for disorderly conduct.

http://touch.citypaper.com/#section/545/article/p2p-83390460/

One of the six officers suspended in the death of Freddie Gray was accused of domestic violence by two different women, according to a story in the London-based Guardian newspaper.

Citing civil court records in Carroll and Baltimore counties, and quoting (but not naming) one of the alleged accusers, The Guardian says Lt. Brian Rice "was temporarily ordered by a court to stay away from a second person." The paper does not detail the accusations, and neither do the accusers, according to the story:

"Rice's first accuser declined to discuss details of the cases on Tuesday. 'Brian is a good guy,' she said. The second accuser declined to comment." Here is what the online court record says: During 2013, a Brian Scott Rice who resides in Westminster and is 41 years old had a long child custody battle with his girlfriend. The abuse allegations arose during that. The case was settled by consent in December of 2013.

The 2008 case involves a Westminster Brian Scott Rice with the same birthday as the one with the 2013 case—but a year later. Other court records indicate that Lt. Brian Rice of the Baltimore Police Western District has middle initial S.

http://touch.citypaper.com/#section/545/article/p2p-83377571/

City Paper photo editor J.M. Giordano beaten by police at Freddie Gray protest

Reuters photographer Sait Serkan Gurbuz, who was standing nearby, did get arrested and taken away in the police van, and was later released and cited for disorderly conduct.

http://touch.citypaper.com/#section/545/article/p2p-83390460/

Allegations of abuse mean nothing, especially when they are made during a custody case. As a tactic, women sometimes make up such charges to make the other party look bad. Statements by a lawyer of a party to a lawsuit mean even less.

I am not defending anybody, because I know too little about the case to say anything. However, I like to have things in perspective.

because we are not provided with enough welfare ... we are poor

how dare you not give us the welfare

this is America, and working is just too damn hard.

"And pull up your pants, too." :mad:

NEM you are a card.:rolleyes:

But ,now for the better news.

The officer asked Davis what she was doing and then shocked her with a Taser, court records show.

Walters ordered the woman to place her hands behind her back after she fell to the ground and then shocked her four more times before she had time to comply, prosecutors said.

Both officers are white, but court records did not indicate the woman’s race.

Federal sentencing guidelines call for 12 to 18 months in prison for Walters and 18 to 24 months for Brown, and prosecutors have said they agree with those terms.

Brown faces a stiffer penalty because Davis was in a vulnerable position when he shocked her.

South Carolina, way to go.:)

Sadly, Baltimore does not have an alternate news paper as articulate as Ferguson's Riverfront Times. Not as well structured as RV Times, and probably does not have as many resources.

But, still, the story is not getting completely buried under hubris, or racism.

/end gsgs comment

Gilmor Homes in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood-

"The story of Sandtown-Winchester is about the most un-American story I have ever heard of in all my years. Even as a college professor, I don’t remember picking up a book that had anything about this country as bad as this. The Deep South with segregation wasn’t any worse that what we’ve done in Sandtown. That’s a pretty heavy indictment, but at my age and with my experience, I’ll stand behind it."

-Helena Hicks

Morgan state student, Civil rights activist Helena Hicks participated in the 1955 sit-in at the Read’s drug store in downtown Baltimore that led to its desegregation and went on to become a professor, policy-maker, and preservationist.

"They confirmed that city gangs have called a truce, but did not say that they were going to target police, framing it more as a show of respect for Freddie Gray, while also acknowledging that such a truce is hard to keep."

citypaper.com

Just like Ferguson, the rotten characters who do not really care about Freddie Gray, or the community he grew up in, are looting,destroying, and making violent attacks in Baltmore.

The major media outlets are trumpeting the false message that the gangs have the intent to harm the police.

These men of low character are concerned with how much money they can get for themselves, and how much fun they can have destroying. They are destroying the hope and voice of the people who are closest to them, and they do not give a fuck.

/end gsgs comment

Just like Ferguson, the rotten characters who do not really care about Freddie Gray, or the community he grew up in, are looting,destroying, and making violent attacks in Baltmore.

The major media outlets are trumpeting the false message that the gangs have the intent to harm the police.

These men of low character are concerned with how much money they can get for themselves, and how much fun they can have destroying. They are destroying the hope and voice of the people who are closest to them, and they do not give a fuck.

/end gsgs comment

The "credible threat" against the police comes from "sources" who took the true between the Crips and Bloods means that they're teaming up to kill the police.

I worked with cops and Darkies for many years.

I already know this isn't true because it 1. involves you leaving the house 2. interacting people 3. having people listen to you 4. have people in the same room as you and finally 5. you interacting with a black person that didn't immediately punch you in your old racist face.

Why don't you tell us about your "daughter" or how you "went to college" next?

because we are not provided with enough welfare ... we are poor...

this is America, and working is just too damn hard.

Is that your explanation for never doing any? (By which I refer to paying jobs, or reading any true statements that may change your opinions on other political figures.)

only a retard would offer that up as an excuse

I don't know what it was meant to be, but everything prior to "as" is self-fulfilling.

Back