Favorite Recommendations! The Best of the Best!

YourgirlfriendLaura

Really Really Experienced
Why not have a place here where we all list our recommendations for EVERYTHING we know to be awesome?
Not just listing a name alphabetically, in a game, but actually naming our most loved and favorite books, movies, music, art and even food!
One thing most of us Litsters want is to connect, in general. We are a creative and smart bunch of folks. What better way, then, but for our literate selfs to chat with others that love the same thing we do!
You can include sexual stuff, but it has to be really special...( think mid 1970s erotic writings, not "Blow Jobs." )
Otherwise, maybe you can chat paintings with another printed art lover....or talk about the best parrot with other bird lovers. Anything awesome goes. Maybe nobody will reply, but I will take that chance, for the world.
What gets you going mentally, friends? What is your inspiration when writing?....When not surfing Lit, what is your "Go to" for relaxing? Please, no politics here.
Hopefully someone will chime in:
My favorite and most recommended bands are Depeche Mode, Oingo Boingo, Modest Mouse and Tool and 20 more...
Love singer/ songwriters? Check out Tom Waits and Kate Bush.
I would love to discuss older paintings with anyone!
I reccomend watching "Wellington Paranormal," "What We Do in The Shadows" and (new season coming) "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for your Funny Fix.
Willing to discuss all comedies including anime with anyone! I think we all NEED chuckles, especially now.
For books, I always enjoy Stephan King, but for more fun, check out David Wong- Horror/ laughter/ social commentary! I am actively looking for Funny horror and sci fi novels.
Please, if anyone writes back here, indicate If your recommendation is more niche, which is ok. Like I would recommend the show and novels of "True Blood" for vampire lovers but not all drama show lovers or readers...
Video Games: I am playing "Detroit: Become Human" again!
What are your FAVORITE THINGS? Guilty pleasure or not, just indicate your "thing" might not be for everyone to try....
Share, Lovies, share!...I am very curious, to hear some new recommendations, since so many countries and styles seem represented on Lit.
For those here hoping for "dirty talk" what could be a better opener, then "That is also my favorite movie/ cheese substitute/ pet! "
Also, be nice! Peace, Love, Truth and Beauty for all on earth ( and in replies.)

Yum!

What was that quote, from a wise man named Bart?
"Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfingers!" Delish and Nutrish! (cause peanut butter equals protein.) Unique candy!
QUOTE=rae121452;94501777]butterfinger candy bars.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I love this statement!
If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal.”. ― John Lennon.

This thread deserves more love. The premise was clearly written and well thought out.

Best comic strip: Calvin & Hobbes
Best candy bar: Heath, Butterfinger is close
Best season: Fall
Best decade for rock music: 1980's
Best Literotica Story category for inducing arousal: Mutual Masturbation

Awwww, Falcor

Thanks for the love, man!
Never Ending Story fan?

Most appreciated on my end....but I realized this was probably "way too general" for alot of people. I should stick to candy types...
I was hoping for some discussion, because I do not really see that in The *What are You Fuckers Reading? thread* etc.
Ahhh, I need to take my shtick to the AV Club!
What about Scor Bars? I love them but how do they differ from Heath Bars?
I think Calvin and Hobbes is funny to this day, which one can not say for...Family Circus and some other oldies.

This thread deserves more love. The premise was clearly written and well thought out.

Best comic strip: Calvin & Hobbes
Best candy bar: Heath, Butterfinger is close
Best season: Fall
Best decade for rock music: 1980's
Best Literotica Story category for inducing arousal: Mutual Masturbation

Thanks for the love, man!
Never Ending Story fan?

Most appreciated on my end....but I realized this was probably "way too general" for alot of people. I should stick to candy types...
I was hoping for some discussion, because I do not really see that in The *What are You Fuckers Reading? thread* etc.
Ahhh, I need to take my shtick to the AV Club!
What about Scor Bars? I love them but how do they differ from Heath Bars?
I think Calvin and Hobbes is funny to this day, which one can not say for...Family Circus and some other oldies.
Happy to chat, it doesn't always have to be erotically charged.

Best book series I've read is: Dune by Frank Herbert. Honorable mention goes to Tom Clancy and the series which started with The Hunt for Red October

Dune doom?

Luck Dragon,
I am super into sci fiction. Would you classify Dune as
sf or fantasy, which I do enjoy....but I have found the Dune movies somewhat unrelatable and confusing. I guess my question is: How easy or hard is it to get into the series?
I did enjoy The Hunt for Red October but did not read more....I always commit to too many books at a time.

Happy to chat, it doesn't always have to be erotically charged.

Best book series I've read is: Dune by Frank Herbert. Honorable mention goes to Tom Clancy and the series which started with The Hunt for Red October

Mutual Masturbation.....I have never even noticed this category. I learn something new every day.
I tend to read mostly the supernatural sexy ones.

Last edited:
Hello, I'll address your last, first. It's not listed under story tags specifically, but you can keyword find it. Here's today's search result

https://tags.literotica.com/mutual%20masturbation/://

Classifying Dune into either Sci fi or fantasy is difficult as it fits easily into either. I believe the last visit to the bookstore I saw it in the Sci Fi section. Of the 2 previous movies, the first was hands down better. Mix in the new film and it runs away as best adaptation.

The Dune books use a lot of unique to that word language/words, so it can take a bit to fully immerse yourself. If you finish Dune, you'll be driven to pick up the story in the next. As for Tom Clancy if you enjoyed reading Red October you can't go wrong reading the additional books.

Hope all is well. Stay safe and enjoy. I look forward to hearing your thoughts

What type of older paintings interest you? What do you consider older? I have a lot of antique art from miniatures to portraits. I really like antique paintings on copper.

What type of older paintings interest you? What do you consider older? I have a lot of antique art from miniatures to portraits. I really like antique paintings on copper.

I have a painting of an elderly Alaskan native woman by William Mayo Rosent, done in 1946, according to what the artist wrote on the back of the painting. I have seen a couple of his works for sale on the net and they look amateurish. This piece does not. She hangs along my stairs and reminds me to be a good person daily.

I have a painting of an elderly Alaskan native woman by William Mayo Rosent, done in 1946, according to what the artist wrote on the back of the painting. I have seen a couple of his works for sale on the net and they look amateurish. This piece does not. She hangs along my stairs and reminds me to be a good person daily.

I love that. Good art should evoke feelings like that. I would love to see her.

Favorites:

Serious Author: C. S. Lewis (theology and fantasy [Narnia])
Lighter Fare: Alan Furst, Bernard Cornwell (historical fiction)
TV programs: anything Law and Order, CSI, Blue Bloods, etc.
Movie: Chariots of Fire (beautiful and moving film)
Music: Celtic (Enya)
Candy: chocolate covered York mints (frozen)
Art: Norman Rockwell (I am quite naive on art).
Sport: professional baseball
Season: spring and fall (temperature just right for golf in south Texas).
Fast Food: Jersey Mike's (regular Italian, no pepperoni, no vinegar)

Personal lube: KY water based (this is Literotica after all :))

Interesting stuff! Thanks for the recommendations!
I love, love The Chronicles of Narnia. I am not even religious, but I thoughroughly enjoyed my roommate's boxed set and want to buy them for Kindle.
I will check out these authors....and who can go wrong with an ep. Of CSI or Law and Order....
I am sorry, but Enya rocks! Deal with her, haters! So do you like Clannad at all, her old band? I make my son listen to Orinoco Flow and Sail Away when he is upset.
Yes, KY warming!

QUOTE=Stillrandy;94524225]Favorites:

Serious Author: C. S. Lewis (theology and fantasy [Narnia])
Lighter Fare: Alan Furst, Bernard Cornwell (historical fiction)
TV programs: anything Law and Order, CSI, Blue Bloods, etc.
Movie: Chariots of Fire (beautiful and moving film)
Music: Celtic (Enya)
Candy: chocolate covered York mints (frozen)
Art: Norman Rockwell (I am quite naive on art).
Sport: professional baseball
Season: spring and fall (temperature just right for golf in south Texas).
Fast Food: Jersey Mike's (regular Italian, no pepperoni, no vinegar)

Personal lube: KY water based (this is Literotica after all :))[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that was a misquote and you were asking to see some of my art, not asking me to post someone else’s photo.

Yuppers

I meant to ask Thor if I could see that picture. Oops! I am trying to put up some pictures you might like, but can not figure it out yet. I am sad with tech.lol.

I am assuming that was a misquote and you were asking to see some of my art, not asking me to post someone else’s photo.

Long night snow biking. I did not have a camera when I had my best ride and stopped for the view over a river.

Is not snow biking scary? Icy? Probably gorgeous... In Las Vegas, I will never get that experience... but I love looking at snow reflecting in moonlight. Snow biking is a good recommendation! If you can, post us a pic....But now, what is your favorite candy?

Long night snow biking. I did not have a camera when I had my best ride and stopped for the view over a river.

Back