Evil Anti-American Democrats Thwarted In NY

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry
USJUDICIARY

Court Blocks 800,000 Non-Citizens From Voting in New York City Municipal Elections​

800,000 non-citizens won’t be able to vote in New York City’s municipal elections because an appellate court found the new city law unconstitutional.

By Steven Kovac
2/27/2024

The second-highest court in the state of New York has ruled that a law enacted by the New York City Council that allowed non-citizens to vote in municipal elections is null and void. Implementation of NYC Local Law No. 11 of 2022 was struck down and permanently enjoined by the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (ADSC) on Feb. 21, 2024.

In the case’s latest legal round, the appellate court upheld the decision of the New York Supreme Court because the local law violated the state constitution and the Municipal Home Rule Law.

The original lawsuit (Vito J. Fossella et al. v Eric Adams) filed in January 2022 also alleged that the New York City measure violated New York state’s election law, an allegation that the ADSC rejected.

One of the plaintiffs’ main contentions was that the new local law “changed the method by which all municipal elective officers are elected by effectively replacing the existing electorate with a differently constituted population,” thereby violating the Municipal Home Rule Law.

More here: https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/co...utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

The great Democrat plan to disenfranchise the American voting majority in NY has been halted.

"Evil" - bible language of fossil Deplorables not long for this world.

Love it! 😘

I’m surprised anyone outside of NYC cares, since it’s only about municipal elections. If you’re not an NYC resident, why get your panties tied in knots?

I’ll admit that I don’t think illegal immigrants should vote, but if it makes the people of NYC happy then so what? Self-rule and freedom and all that.

I’m surprised anyone outside of NYC cares, since it’s only about municipal elections. If you’re not an NYC resident, why get your panties tied in knots?

I’ll admit that I don’t think illegal immigrants should vote, but if it makes the people of NYC happy then so what? Self-rule and freedom and all that.
They don't want immigrants to be seen as human beings with any rights

There was no proposal to allow illegal immigrants to vote. The measure would have allowed voting by non-citizens on a visa and dreamers who are allowed to work. Most of whom pay taxes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-adams-allows-noncitizen-voting-bill-n1287225

Whether people agree with the measure or not, articles that prominently feature pictures of illegal immigrants, like the one at the start of the thread, are misleading. Or deliberately inflammatory.

They don't want immigrants to be seen as human beings with any rights
I don't have the right to illegally enter other people's countries and vote there. So why would I ever argue that right for anyone else?

There was no proposal to allow illegal immigrants to vote. The measure would have allowed voting by non-citizens on a visa and dreamers who are allowed to work. Most of whom pay taxes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-adams-allows-noncitizen-voting-bill-n1287225

Whether people agree with the measure or not, articles that prominently feature pictures of illegal immigrants, like the one at the start of the thread, are misleading. Or deliberately inflammatory.

Thanks for the correction. The original post was certainly inflammatory.

The original thread post did not post such a picture and the quoted article only refers to non citizens.

If the source of the article has a misleading image, that's on the source, not the thread here that did not include it nor appealed to it's existence whatsoever.

Very few places in the US allow noncitizens to vote. Citizenship has its advantages. I believe San Francisco allows it in school district elections but even in the deep blue Bay Area, most people oppose it

Whether it's common or not is irrelevant to the fact that I apply the same standards and rules to myself as I do others.
The standards and rules in many countries say you could vote in their elections as a non-citizen. Whether you choose to exercise that right doesn't change the fact that it exists.

The standards and rules in many countries say you could vote in their elections as a non-citizen. Whether you choose to exercise that right doesn't change the fact that it exists.
I'm not disputing the existence of such.

Whereas I apply the same standards and rules to non citizens as I would myself if I were a non citizen.
lol, wtf. you're comparing the rights of non citizens in the usa to you being in some other random unnamed country. and then break it down further to how they handle non citizens' children in their schools. 🤓 :LOL:

lol, wtf. you're comparing the rights of non citizens in the usa to you being in some other random unnamed country. and then break it down further to how they handle non citizens' children in their schools. 🤓 :LOL:
You don't grasp the concept of applying the same standards to others as you would yourself?

I'm Canadian. The USA is 'some other country'.

They can as soon as they amend their state Constitution with a little "Self-rule.".

Back