Easter Dinner

Rabbit tamales? That might be a stretch. I've thought of tamales tho and need a posse of helpers so at least it's an enjoyable all day affair. I hate making them alone. :-(

Would christmas tamales be understanding of easter tamales trying to steal their thunder?

It might not end well. Go with the sticky ham.

Thor reminded me of one I can ask. Weird, I forgot when I go there at least once a week.

If I find the bunnies, I'll hit you up for some seasoning advice.

I said I didn't remember!!!!!
:mad:

Not even a regular old butcher shop? Any one of those ought to be able to connect you to a local cuniculturalist.

There are very few around. The municipality of Anchorage has only three. Four, if you count C & J Tender Meat Co, but they are more a wholesale establishment than a traditional butcher shop.

Rabbit tamales? That might be a stretch. I've thought of tamales tho and need a posse of helpers so at least it's an enjoyable all day affair. I hate making them alone. :-(

Look in the frozen meat section for rabbit. It's rabbit and not the snowshoe hare that locals call rabbit. I used to raise rabbits for the freezer and it was quite fun to have rabbit for Easter.

There are very few around. The municipality of Anchorage has only three. Four, if you count C & J Tender Meat Co, but they are more a wholesale establishment than a traditional butcher shop.

How do you like hat new ButcherBlock 9?
Look in the frozen meat section for rabbit. It's rabbit and not the snowshoe hare that locals call rabbit. I used to raise rabbits for the freezer and it was quite fun to have rabbit for Easter.

I'm gonna do both.
Try baiting a trap with carrots.

The moose would eat it.

Is that a tamale in your pants?

Yes!

This year, Easter and Greek (Orthodox) Easter fall on the same day. I usually have ham on one and lamb on the other... now I have to make choices! The smart thing would be to let my SIL do the ham and I'll do the lamb.

I prefer when they are not on the same day. :rolleyes:

How do you like hat new ButcherBlock 9?

They are a nice store, a fancier Mat Valley Meats. They have excellent sausages and I love the Birch Syrup Shoulder Bacon. I bought a birch syrup cured ham steak from them and it was pretty nasty. Too much gooey shit in the cryovac bag. Beef from them is good and generally either more local or more organic than sold at Mr Prime Beef. I bought some local pork ribs for BBQ from them and was unimpressed. Costco is a much better place for ribs. They do have Yak, if you need Yak.

It would be worth it for you on a trip to town to have a cooler with blue ice for at least some of the Birch Shoulder Bacon.

They are a nice store, a fancier Mat Valley Meats. They have excellent sausages and I love the Birch Syrup Shoulder Bacon. I bought a birch syrup cured ham steak from them and it was pretty nasty. Too much gooey shit in the cryovac bag. Beef from them is good and generally either more local or more organic than sold at Mr Prime Beef. I bought some local pork ribs for BBQ from them and was unimpressed. Costco is a much better place for ribs. They do have Yak, if you need Yak.

It would be worth it for you on a trip to town to have a cooler with blue ice for at least some of the Birch Shoulder Bacon.

Yak?! Hahaha I'd try it. That would have been a great taster tester for the Alaskan themed potluck I made for last week. Next month I'm sure I'll make a trip or two there for some sporting events. Love me some bacon!

This year, Easter and Greek (Orthodox) Easter fall on the same day. I usually have ham on one and lamb on the other... now I have to make choices! The smart thing would be to let my SIL do the ham and I'll do the lamb.

I prefer when they are not on the same day. :rolleyes:

Is brunch and dinner too much?

Sticky ham
Mashed potatoes
Cheesy rice
Green beans
Crudite'
Relish tray
Deviled eggs
Dinner rolls
Red,white and blue salad
Carrot roll

And we'll send everyone home with cookies.

If we weren't having dinner guests we would probably be having rabbit but I was tardy in dispatching and they got a little tough.

Last edited:
Rabbit bog?

Rabbit and rice. Usually folks add stuff like smoked sausage, peas, beans or boiled egg. Very similar to a jambalaya.
I would post a recipe but I have yet to actually see a written recipe.

Back