Difficulty Finding Muff

Liar

now with 17% more class
Joined
Dec 4, 2003
Posts
43,715
Muff Road name change request

Trying to find Orari's Muff Road can be a bit of a mission, not because of its location, but because its street signs are routinely souvenired.

Muff Rd resident Roger Payne is asking for a name change for the road, both to overcome the ongoing sign thefts and to recognise the original geographic name of the district.

Timaru District Council's resource planning and regulation committee will consider the request for a name change at its meeting today.

Mr Payne was brought up in the area, and returned to the district three years ago. During the time he has been back the street signs have seldom been there.

Replacement signs were installed about 18 months ago, and disappeared days later. No others have been installed. Mr Payne suspects those responsible for their installation having simply given up, realising replacing the signs would probably be inviting them to be stolen yet again.

Mr Payne's suggestion is for Muff Rd to become Ohapi Rd, as the Muff family, after whom the road was named, no longer farm there.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/2611515/Name-change-plea-for-Muff-Rd
 
Beaver Run?

Bearded Clam Causeway?

Cooter Lick Road?

Bury The Bone Boulevard?


Hey! Who stole that sign! :D
 
Rather than change the name they should just open a souvenir stand and sell the signs. :D
 
In Michigan there are several towns with odd names. Climax, Michigan, and I believe there or another state, there is Intercourse.

Perhaps a street named Desire? Okay. Actually, I was thinking Climax Highway or Intercourse BLVD.

And Rob, there would be no fun in being able to buy the sign. Half the fun is taking them. (I don't know a thing about that. Not me. *whistles innocently* )
 
And Rob, there would be no fun in being able to buy the sign. Half the fun is taking them. (I don't know a thing about that. Not me. *whistles innocently* )

Exactly. My favorite Butthole Sufers song is Edgar, and down the street from my house is Edgar Ave. I am so tempted to steal that sign every time I see it. But alas, I am too chickenshit to actually grab it...
 
LOLOL

In Massachussetts there is a place called the "Bearded Oyster". Their sign has been stolen so many times they have resorted to having a steel sign welded to a frame by their driveway.

Cat
 
In Michigan there are several towns with odd names. Climax, Michigan, and I believe there or another state, there is Intercourse.

The town of Intercourse is in Pennsylvania. ;-)

We have a magnet on our fridge that says:
"Virginia may be for lovers, but Pennsylvania has Intercourse" :devil:
 
Ah, just call it Two Hills and be done with it. Doesn't matter if there is only one hill there.
 
In Michigan there are several towns with odd names. Climax, Michigan, and I believe there or another state, there is Intercourse.

Perhaps a street named Desire? Okay. Actually, I was thinking Climax Highway or Intercourse BLVD.

And Rob, there would be no fun in being able to buy the sign. Half the fun is taking them. (I don't know a thing about that. Not me. *whistles innocently* )

Intercourse, Pennsylvania is in Amish country :rolleyes:. Neighboring towns are Bird in Hand and Paradise - makes sense really.
 
In Michigan, you can also go straight to or through Hell. Hell, Michigan that is. I haven't done that yet, but it would be fun. (Picture it, Michigan, 2010--Postcard to friends. Waving to you from Hell)
 
In Michigan, you can also go straight to or through Hell. Hell, Michigan that is. I haven't done that yet, but it would be fun. (Picture it, Michigan, 2010--Postcard to friends. Waving to you from Hell)
Does that Hell ever freeze over? The Hell in Norway does on a regular basis. :cool:

And is there a highway?
 
Back
Top