Desultory and Impulsive

The inability to log into my actual account has caused me to lose all give-a-shits
They’ll fix it… probably.

Too many accounts have been locked out… and you’re someone with celebrity-esque status here.

That didn't work either.
I'm not a techy person but I think it has something to do with the story side of Lit vs the forums. I realized they're different login information and I had to use the login for the author side. That probably won't help either lol...it was a fluke that I tried it.

I'm not a techy person but I think it has something to do with the story side of Lit vs the forums. I realized they're different login information and I had to use the login for the author side. That probably won't help either lol...it was a fluke that I tried it.
Yeah. That information is long gone.

It's weird having to "watch" a thread I created.

Like standing outside a dream where you are dreaming of yourself but you are not actually a part of what's going on.

And then there's the body of you sleeping.

And it's all a fractal where the more you think about it the more the pattern repeats where the those of you in your dream feel so independent and in control

But they are not

And it's all just a bunch of wheels spinning.

Last edited:
It's weird having to "watch" a thread I created.

Like standing outside a dream where you are dreaming of yourself but you are not actually a part of what's going on.

And then there's the body of you sleeping.

And it's all a fractal where the more you think about it the more the pattern repeats where the those of you in your dream feel so independent and in control

But they are not

And it's all just a bunch of wheels spinning.
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Getting back to being serious...

The sexuality of this place is over. If not over, certainly dying.

It's been an ever so slow march towards commodification it seems

And I just have to say that I am SO glad I was able to get in close to ground level.

Back when this place was sharp and fresh and intimate and personal and everything an individual wanted where they could be and become anything they wanted.

San Francisco back in the 60's. Gritty New York City back in the 70's-80's. Burning Man in the 90's...

Only those who were there at the time know

And I'm finding myself feeling like one of those old timers standing on the corner saying... "man you should have been there back in the day..."

Perhaps the sexuality of this place is not over. But it certainly has changed (For me)

No doubt those that are discovering this place now; and in the future, will experience their own sense of intimacy and revelry.

I think you’re absolutely right. When I joined it was such a different time for the internet, and culturally. The interconnection of today simply didn’t exist. This was a ‘safer’ place to explore, then.

I think you’re absolutely right. When I joined it was such a different time for the internet, and culturally. The interconnection of today simply didn’t exist. This was a ‘safer’ place to explore, then.
It's interesting how back when interconnection wasn't so easily attained it was very much sought.

There was this longing to be seen. To be known. To be emotionally connected to someone on a level that was otherwise missing in real life.

Seeing someone's face
Getting to know their name...

It was like reaching first base. It was like cutting into them and they into you

And it all just meant something.

At least it did for me.

Now that interconnectedness is so readily available it has come to seem to mean so little and we all have come to recoil just how much of ourselves we put out and have made available for everyone to see

It's interesting how back when interconnection wasn't so easily attained it was very much sought.

There was this longing to be seen. To be known. To be emotionally connected to someone on a level that was otherwise missing in real life.

Seeing someone's face
Getting to know their name...

It was like reaching first base. It was like cutting into them and they into you

And it all just meant something.

At least it did for me.

Now that interconnectedness is so readily available it has come to seem to mean so little and we all have come to recoil just how much of ourselves we put out and have made available for everyone to see
this is everything. i started on Lit almost 15 years ago and so much has changed and i've gone through numerous identities here but i always have come back for the community of people that i started with and so many have left and the community of the forums have become so different. maybe it's good maybe it's bad - i can't really say but it is

Russia invaded the Ukraine

I got lunch at Mc Donald's
went through the drive through

I wasn't alone

4b. No onions

Could have done without the bacon
I thought it'd be good
It was
But not the flavor profile I realized I wanted

I wanted what my memory expected

That happens with people. Places

People.

Lovers and friends
Husbands and wives

They are there
Physically

But they are not what they once were.

The Coca-Cola tasted the same
And that was nice

It's still sitting in the cup holder between the seats
Half full yet

I've no knowledge of international politics or diplomacy

I guess it's a full on invasion

The President of the U.S. talked on the matter
I didn't listen
Was buying a gift certificate for an expecting mother

...because everything is always for the baby

Mothers... ignored

A gift certificate purchased at a fancy locally owned women's boutique
Nice clothing for women

I eyed a fancy lace bra
It was a beautiful burgundy
And would look good against the pale complexion of my wife
Her heavy breasts filling it out
Straps and clasps

These such things are best bought by women themselves though
Because breasts are particular.

It's now snowing a dusty powdered sugar type snow
For those not here with me
It looks of fog
Off into the distance

I've not had the news on
I've not checked the headlines

I've puttered about here and there
Contemplating
While making chicken soup

Rainbow carrots
Homemade noodles bought from the Mennonites
Chicken--from that of which we raised
Stock made from various chicken parts

Down home old world shit

Necks, back, feet
...boiled down to a gelatinous goo.

There's an echo of a man
Inside my head
Who says to me...

I wanted to hold her before my lungs filled with blood.

I ask him...

Can you tell me what she looks like?

He doesn't say anything
He just closes his eyes
And smiles a weak smile

And in his memory
I see her.

It's now snowing a dusty powdered sugar type snow
For those not here with me
It looks of fog
Off into the distance

I've not had the news on
I've not checked the headlines

I've puttered about here and there
Contemplating
While making chicken soup

Rainbow carrots
Homemade noodles bought from the Mennonites
Chicken--from that of which we raised
Stock made from various chicken parts

Down home old world shit

Necks, back, feet
...boiled down to a gelatinous goo.
Not something I ever thought I'd ask on a board like this --- but do you process your chickens yourself? I've started a flock for eggs and have toyed with the idea of meat birds.

Back