Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss decided she would have a talk with Gryph, and maybe make him buying some new wardrobe. So she was happy for Trunfors decision. He had managed so far, and there were other strange creatures running around, and maybe some thought he just had a hump. She gave him a short description of anyone she could think of; Verialynn, Kanut, Relic and even Haerdon, Marcus and Aaron, if they had survived.

The Narrator
(according to rules, I use the NPC Blades and Mad Dog, while Dormant Evil is away)

Mad Dog and his body guard arrived in the city. As he expected, the fiend had noticed the half-dragon and the gorgon and followed them for some reason. He had let him go, so that he could follow him. He could have searched them for his own, and he was sure he would succeed as well, but it was easier to let the fiend let do the work. And it was easier to follow him then to track the others down by himself. Blades had told him that they were followed by a rider themself, and there was no doubt it was Haerdon. Haerdon was no brainless idiot like Ulfgard, but he would not be able to track them. He simply had the same idea like them. Should he come, he had no reason to worry. Mad DOg himself simply followed the magic marks that the half-fiend left behind unknowingly. The wizard could follow them, as if someone had painted tracks on the road.

Trunfor

His wings ached, he hated having to wear a disguise because it was uncomfortable.

He asked evry one about the people he was looking for. He got no results. Trunfor went to buy some new clothes for himself, Gryph, and Phyliss.

He decided to go back to the inn and wait for his friends to come back. Nce he got to the inn he lay down on the bed and took a nap.

The Narrator - Mad Dog

Mad Dog stopped before the inn.
"So, he had been in the city, and dwells here. Let us not alarm him now." It didn't take Blades and Mad Dog very long to learn, that the gorgon and the half-dragon rented a room in there themselfes. But they were not here. Blades was restless, but Mad Dog was calm. He knew where they were. And now he could easily find them, even if they went away. He had all time to wait he wanted.

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss turned to Gryph, as they were alone.
"I like to tell you three things. The first is a confession. I am out of money by now, so we have to calculate carefully. The second regards Trunfor. I hope you two will get along well together. I think he is honest in his demeanor, and he really respects you. Fiends are a bit strange, but so we are all. We "monsters" should cooperate. And he knows how much I like you. And the third is - well, you are really tall and strong, and you can intimitate people just by sheer size. I think you could do even better if we get you a good outfit. People will even respect you more, when you are dressed like a knight or even a grand-style mercenary. You would look great in some well-made leather-armor, maybe with some metal on it. You see, clothing is important, it has always been vital to me. Nobody would have invited me, if I had dressed like the gorgons in the dungeons. What do you think?"

Gryph

"Well if you can get armor to fit me I'll buy it and really with the amount of thieves and bandits I have seen so far, getting money will not be much of a problem"

He ran a hand over his hair

"But still I want that hood, I'm feeling a bit mysterious as well"

Phyliss Ovida

"I think a hood is the most easy thing to get." Infact, it really was. Phyliss was well trained in buying clothes, and they soon found a fitting hood. Producin leather armor was possible, but would take quite some time, but at last, Phyliss found what she was looking for. She found an complete set of dark, brown leather armor, ornamented with copper. There was even an helmet along it, with some chainmail dropping behind from it, like a wig. It was made for a rich customer of Gryphs size, who never paid for it, said the merchant. Phyliss wasn't sure if this wwas true, and the owner had been murdered, Nevertheless she argued that hardly any one of this size would come for years, and she could bring the price down really low, even this was mainly because the merchant was afraid to talk to much back to a gorgon and a giant something.
"What do you think? Buy it and go back to our tavern?"

Gryph

He inspected the leather armor, it would fit him, but he wondered if they couldn't maybe find something in metal, he liked metal, it was easier to fix than treated leather

"Tell you what, let's go look around some more, see if we can't find a better deal and then compare prizes"

He gave the merchant an unnerving stare

"I doubt that he will sell it before we haven't let him know now would you?"

As they walked away Gryph told her about him wanting to look for something in metal first, then after a few moments of consideration Gryph spoke up again

"Even the most dishonest person can seem sincere, I'm sorry that I answer you only now, but Trunfor will have to prove himself to me before I can trust him, no matter how much respect he seems to have for me"

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss gave him a sweet smile. "You will give him a chance, will you?"
The merchant run after him and gave them an adress, where to get some metal armor. It was an somehow eerie and dark allie, and some people stared from behind, then quickly pulled back. After all, they ended up in a cellar with tons of armor - probably stolen, some even lootet from battlefields or graves. With the merchants help, who didn't seem to be as frightened as the last one, the could collect some fine looking armor, even for Gryphs size.
"Now that is better." said Phyliss. Just something to put under it, because you wont wear the metal on your skin, but I have seen enough of that kind in the last shop. If you like it, call it a day and we can go back." Phyliss grinned.
"Now that you look like a real knight, you just have to grow your hair a bit longer. Any you will have to learn to dance. But I can see about that later."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor woke to find he was still alone. How long had he been asleep? He grabbed his robes and covered himself up with his disguise, then headed downstairs. He needed to get something to eat while he waited for him friends to return.

Gryph

He grinned as he inspected the armor, it really was some fine looking and sturdy armor, he took in her comments and nodded. He paid the merchant for the armor, picked it up and before he followed Phyliss outside he stopped and grinned at the merchant.

"Just make sure that your partner gets a fair cut, he sent us here"

He followed Phyliss outside

"Yes I'll give him a fair chance, but trust that is something not easily gained especially if you have the smell of a foreign wizard mixed with yours and call it your natural smell. Of course by this morning the smell was not there, but one has to wonder if he is not in league with said wizard. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt"

Phyliss Ovida

"Just let it see. We have time." They moved back to the tavern, entering. Phyliss looked around if any of her friends had turned up, or if Tronfur was already back.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor walked outside of the inn and leaned up against the outside wall. As he looked around he thought he saw two figures watching him. They weren`t his friends. So who were they......?

Suspision arose in Trunfor, they might be the two he meet yesterday. He had to warn Phyliss and Gryph.

Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss first went up to their rooms, but no one was there she looked it open, to allow Gryph to put something in if he liked.
"I will go downstairs into the tavern, to look for Trunfor and ask for news. I give you the key, just don't forget to lock up if you get down." said the gorgon and went downstairs, into the tavern.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor walked into the inn. Tturned around the corner and began to run up the stairs when he bumped into Phyliss. He fell backwards but quickly regained his footing. He quickly grabbed Phyliss before she could hit the ground and hurt herself.

"Oh, I`m sorry my lady." As he pulled her to her feet he whispered to her, "I think we might be in trouble. remember those two people I told you that I met yesterday. Well, I think their here."

Phyliss Ovida

"What the...." Phyliss was very agile, and she had no problems getting up in one movement. "What you just said? Are you sure? I must tell Gryph, he is still upside." She hurried up the stairs again.

Gryph

He had just buckled the last piece of armor into place when he heard Phyliss' thread approaching the door, he pulled the large hooded cloak on over the armor and lifted the hood over his head, turning as the door opened.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor followed Puyliss, keeping on the alert. He wasn`t sure how they were going to escape with those two watching the inn ouyside. He became worried for hi friends safety. If worst came to worst, he knew what to do to help his friends.

Phyliss Ovida

"They are here...the assasins that Trunfor met outside the city. He saw them walking in..." she looked around. "What can we do? We could grab our things and run. Or we do encounter them now. They are just two... But if they dare come here, they are either stupid, what I do not believe, or very confident they have something in backhand..."

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor saw the desperation and fear in Phyliss. He cared for her, even though he barely knew her. He took a breath and put a hand on Phyliss`s shoulder, "My lady, I`ll hold them off while you and Gryph make a run for it. It`s time for me to prove my loyalty to you and Gryph."

Trunfor took off his disguise, he would no longer need to hide his heritage. Plus the robes would only hinder him. He had his studded leather armor on, the only armor that wouldn`t restrict movement.

He took off an amulet and gave it to Phyliss, "This will allow me to track you down, if I live through this." Then he nodded to Phyliss

Turning to Gryph he said, "Take care of her for me. Protect her with all you have." Then he shook Gryph`s hand.

Gryph

"No we fight together or we flee together. We are in this together. Do you really think that your powers will be able to overcome them? People who could easily have dispatched you when they came across you. We have two options flee or fight. If we fight I will take the wizard, he will be strong and powerful, but I just need to get within my sword's reach to get rid of him. Think you can handle the other?"

He look quizzically at his two companions

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor was not happy, but he saw the sense in Gryph`s descision. "I`m going to fight them, your welcome to join, but ultimately I follow what Phyliss commands me to do,"

He turned towards Phyliss, "What do we do?"

Phyliss Ovida

"We go together. Let us not run forever. We will approach them, and will try to reason with them first. Let us see what they say. If it comes to a fight, we will team up." said Phyliss. If they would run now, they would run forever.

Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked at Phyliss, "Alright, lets go met these assassins. However, if things go bad, I want you guys to run, while I delay them as long as possible."

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss joined him and Gryph as the went downstairs. The men could do the fighting if it really came to close combat, while she would try to petrifie their enemies. But maybe it would not even come to violence. The were a fierce trio, so the assasins might be surprised to see them.
"They can only be in the tavern. There is no other place you can go, except they would be in one of the two neigbouring rooms of us, but this we should have noticed."

Back