Competition Idea

Altissimus

Irreverently Piquant
I have an idea for a competition. Does this need to be blessed off by Laurel, or is there another route for non-official Author challenges?

Thanks,

A

You can get a group of people to write a challenge at any time. What going through the official channel does is create the means for them to be released on a certain day/schedule, usually involves some twitter and front page advertising. Things like that. Lit basically gives a boost and additional options to challenges that go through the official channel.

You can get a group of people to write a challenge at any time. What going through the official channel does is create the means for them to be released on a certain day/schedule, usually involves some twitter and front page advertising. Things like that. Lit basically gives a boost and additional options to challenges that go through the official channel.
I believe official contests have to be approved by the site - Laurel, in other words. There might be some useful info here:

https://literotica.com/faq/literotica-contests

I have an idea for a competition. Does this need to be blessed off by Laurel, or is there another route for non-official Author challenges?

Thanks,

A
You need to PM Laurel with your idea. Anything run through the site needs to be agreed with the site.

Competition implies prizes - you might want to limit it to an Anthology

Author story challenges

Thanks,

A
And what is this earth-shattering, mind-blowing, orgasm-inspiring idea?

Competition implies prizes

This.

PM Laurel. The good news: she seems to like approving "authors' challenges." The bad news: the site already has about three times the "events" it probably ought to have.* The worse news: if you want Laurel to pony up $275, you'll need to make quite a case I'd imagine.

*I'd be curious to see your "hot take" on a challenge, though.

This.

PM Laurel. The good news: she seems to like approving "authors' challenges." The bad news: the site already has about three times the "events" it probably ought to have.* The worse news: if you want Laurel to pony up $275, you'll need to make quite a case I'd imagine.

*I'd be curious to see your "hot take" on a challenge, though.
What is the good news again? I lost track of it, with all the bad news crowded in there. ;)

What is, don't you always, lovecraft?

Resistance was futile. Just had to get in one more jab.

Thanks for the replies. I PM'd Laurel over a week ago, but given how busy she is I guess I'll give her another week.

No, I wasn't expecting prize money.

Yes, I'll tell you what the idea is just as soon as Laurel says 'yes'. Promise. First to know. Or...like... sixty-third to know. Depends a bit on when you see the thread.

If it is a competition, there are prizes, so it's for the winner and second and thrid place, not the creator of the thing.
Thanks for the replies. I PM'd Laurel over a week ago, but given how busy she is I guess I'll give her another week.

No, I wasn't expecting prize money.

Yes, I'll tell you what the idea is just as soon as Laurel says 'yes'. Promise. First to know. Or...like... sixty-third to know. Depends a bit on when you see the thread.

If it is a competition, there are prizes, so it's for the winner and second and thrid place, not the creator of the thing.
No I wasn't expecting Laurel to put up prize money for the competition.

And for the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't expecting to be paid for coming up with the idea either....

There are too god damn many of them now!!!

There should be the normal Literotica contests and AT MOST, 3 author events.

We could rotate the "author events" on a yearly basis.

There are too god damn many of them now!!!

There should be the normal Literotica contests and AT MOST, 3 author events.

We could rotate the "author events" on a yearly basis.

This is the point of view I was alluding to above.

FWIW, I don't really mind the profusion of challenges; some of them, I think, are kinda silly thematically, but nobody's forcing anyone to take part.

An excellent argument can be made, though, that by prioritizing contest/challenge submission approvals, these events probably create a backlog in approvals for normal, everyday, non-event submissions. And this forum contains plenty of threads complaining about that issue.

Back