Changing Profile Info

I've been away a while and just discovered this problem with my profile. Guess we'll all just live with it.

I'm new here and this was the first problem I found. I discovered (just moments before one of the good people here pointed it out to me in a message) that I could post text in the "Signature" section so that's what I did. Hope that helps someone!

It always amazes me that people expect so much from something they get free, like access to this forum, and then call the people who have provided the free service lazy morons.

Perhaps you'd like to do it better yourself? If not, why not? Are you too cheap or are you just a petty complainer?

What a stupid comment. Facebook is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Twitter is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Twitch is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Instagram and Snapchat is free, but if something breaks, those people fix it. Me personally, I could careless if Lit fixes it or not. Obviously the people that own Lit don't really care as much about their web site as the others do. Whatever.

This is also not a filthy rich, ad-infested website employing thousands.

There are two people behind the scenes attempting to rebuild the website without resorting to paid memberships or dozens of ads on every page.

The forum is also the least important part of the entire site, in the grand scheme of things. A tiny fraction of Lit's visitors even know the forum exists, let alone use it.

Devoting time to the profile linking glitch is akin to spending time fixing the chipped up rear steps that got damaged hauling in materials to remodel the entire building. It's not a sensible use of time or resources.

What a stupid comment. Facebook is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Twitter is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Twitch is free, but if something is broken, they fix it. Instagram and Snapchat is free, but if something breaks, those people fix it. Me personally, I could careless if Lit fixes it or not. Obviously the people that own Lit don't really care as much about their web site as the others do. Whatever.

This is also not a filthy rich, ad-infested website employing thousands.

I would have to agree with this... to a point.

The problem with updating Forum Profiles is giving a lot of people persistent problems. Many people have said that the entire problem is caused by a single link pointing to the wrong page. It should be a very quick (someone suggested 5 minutes?) fix for someone with access to the code.

Sadly, that doesn't include any-one here who wants to use it :(

Devoting time to the profile linking glitch is akin to spending time fixing the chipped up rear steps that got damaged hauling in materials to remodel the entire building. It's not a sensible use of time or resources.

Thing is, it wouldn't take five minutes to do it.

It would take a few minutes to change the link back, but that's not the problem.

The linking issue was causing larger problems when people edited their profile, and the link was changed on purpose in order to prevent that. It wasn't an accident, or a mistake. It was a necessary change.

Somewhere back in the archives you can find it. I looked briefly, but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner and don't feel like checking a dozen potential threads. I remember it from when it actually happened, but not where the comments appeared.

Yes, they could redirect it to an "under construction" message instead of the sign-in page that it was emergency redirected to, but... *shrug*

They should really open a patreon account or something for the purpose of hiring dedicated staff and resources.

I’ve tried figuring out how to change my profile information after my audiobook were stolen from my website I removed them and I get a lot of messages from people looking for those audiofiles on my page. I need to remove that 😪

Sorry, Manu

Sorry about the issue. It's a linking issue that we are working on now!

In the meantime, you can update your Lit Profile here:
https://literotica.com/my/#/user/profile

Thank you for the reports. :D

but that link doesn't work. I type in my username and password (which I changed about three months ago, at least) and I'm told there's a problem with my username or password. So I type in the old password; same result. Look, more than half of the world is starving, this is not a big issue. But it would be nice if it could be fixed soonish.

The forum profile and author profile used to update each other, before the major infrastructure changes necessary to modernize the site. That broke the linking, and caused problems when anyone did try to update from the forum, so they redirected it.

The concentration is on releasing and fixing bugs in the story side of the site, because that's the priority.

They're also planning to upgrade the forum software, so it's likely that the current bug in profile linking is irrelevant in the long-term scheme of things. They would be fixing something they're planning to entirely replace.

If I'm not mistaken the profile for you chat/author profile was never linked with your forum profile. So unless they where trying to make them linked and that's where an error occurred.

Unless I'm totally wrong, does any mod have an actual update to the situation?

There's also the little mater of FOSTA being signed into law. They're likely trying to determine what if anything needs to be modified in response to that.

The personals section of the forum could be a risk, for one thing.

Back