Bad Request: Invalid timestamp (Is your clock synced?)

Pornocles

Experienced
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Posts
40
@Manu

I’ve been getting this error in the title bar almost non stop. It stops me logging into the forum, stops me viewing my own author page, sometimes prevents me from reading stories.

Have you any idea what it is and how to get rid of it? I’ve been unable to view my author page for about a week and the forum for half as long.

I read that it may be related to daylight savings time. We switched to summer time last weekend and nothing changed until now (ie, forum loaded).

Other web searches for the term return results for specific sites or outlook but not a general remedy.

Thanks.
 
Every other time this has happened, it was because ... the clock in the computer/phone is set wrong. Beyond that, hard for anyone to give advice without knowing what type of device you have (e. g. a Mac, an Android phone).
 
iPhone 13. Time set by connecting to the interwebs.

Also, seems to be fixed for now. The page url had changed to include a bunch of timestamp stuff and was not reverting back to the base url when refreshing.

Once I realised I could load the forum I tried clicking through to the author page and it worked. Then I rechecked the other tab and it still didn’t work so I checked the url and saw all the extra stuff after the main bit. Deleted all that and typed in the shorter form and it worked.

Forum doesn’t seem to want to log me in though. 🤷🏽‍♂️
 
Forum doesn’t seem to want to log me in
I assume that what you mean is that you can get logged in without errors (like "bad password" or something), but, the Forum still behaves as if you aren't logged in.

If that's the symptom of the problem, then, go to the "New Posts" page after logging in. This will make the Forum pick up and display your logged-in status.
 
Yes, I found that I was logged in when I posted but the top of the screen was showing the logged out display.

Had some trouble again this morning when trying to check this thread but changing the irl to forums.literotica.com did load the forum.

Seems the issue persist but can work around it now. 🤷🏽‍♂️
 
Yeah, under some conditions it's not clear whether you're logged in or not. The ad-hoc solution seems to be to click around a bit and eventually the site works out you really are logged in, and that problem goes away. Not a great solution, but it's a relief that nothing horrible has gone wrong.
 
Back
Top