Audio Bit Rate

JuanaSalsa

Kinky Nerd
On the Audio FAQ, it says that audio submissions must have a bit rate of 128 kbps, however I cannot seem to get my recording to have anything other than 196 kbps out of Audacity. Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm considering trying to do a reading of all of my stories and post them as audio, but I'm stalled out on figuring out how to get the right audio format.

I haven't used Audacity in years, and I no longer have a copy. If you can't figure out now to make Audacity save with a different bit rate, then another approach would be to get an app that converts audio formats. It will probably give you the option of changing the bit rate.

I use a Linux-based system and have an audio converter app named "Sound Converter." It isn't a clever title, but it works very well and it's free. It's main function is to read a file in one format and write it in another, but it also lets you set the bit rate in the output file. Reading a file and rewriting it with a different bit rates is three or four clicks: pick the input file, pick the output format, pick the bit rate, tell it to go.

On the Audio FAQ, it says that audio submissions must have a bit rate of 128 kbps, however I cannot seem to get my recording to have anything other than 196 kbps out of Audacity. Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm considering trying to do a reading of all of my stories and post them as audio, but I'm stalled out on figuring out how to get the right audio format.

I haven't used Audacity in years, and I no longer have a copy. If you can't figure out now to make Audacity save with a different bit rate, then another approach would be to get an app that converts audio formats. It will probably give you the option of changing the bit rate.

I use a Linux-based system and have an audio converter app named "Sound Converter." It isn't a clever title, but it works very well and it's free. It's main function is to read a file in one format and write it in another, but it also lets you set the bit rate in the output file. Reading a file and rewriting it with a different bit rates is three or four clicks: pick the input file, pick the output format, pick the bit rate, tell it to go.
Thanks I'll give that a shot!

In Audacity when you export your finished audio to MP3 (File > Export > Export as MP3), down near the bottom of the save dialog box change Bit Rate Mode to "Constant" then select 128 from the list of bit rates for Quality.

In Audacity when you export your finished audio to MP3 (File > Export > Export as MP3), down near the bottom of the save dialog box change Bit Rate Mode to "Constant" then select 128 from the list of bit rates for Quality.
Unfortunately, Lit says they require M4A format and despite selecting 128 in the bit quality option when exporting, it still says the bit rate is 196 when I check the properties after, which is frustrating.

I also tried the custom audio export options but couldn't find a way to make that work either.

I think you're confusing the format Lit publishes audio stories in with submission requirements. The FAQ https://www.literotica.com/faq/audio-works/publish-erotic-audio says "You can just upload audio in M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, or other standard audio format, and it will be converted to the correct format for publication"

So, export your stories to mp3 or other format listed in the FAQ then follow the rest of the instructions in the FAQ.

I think you're confusing the format Lit publishes audio stories in with submission requirements. The FAQ https://www.literotica.com/faq/audio-works/publish-erotic-audio says "You can just upload audio in M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, or other standard audio format, and it will be converted to the correct format for publication"

So, export your stories to mp3 or other format listed in the FAQ then follow the rest of the instructions in the FAQ.
OMG Reading comprehension! You are so right, I totally misunderstood the requirements.

Thank you!!!

Back