Another AI Rejection Post (Sorry)

An excerpt should still make sense within itself. These samples are hard to follow, just saying.
Don’t do that. That’s ridiculous to make that claim. They’re perfectly readable, in and of themselves. I just didn’t want to publish the whole thing.

You sound just a bit like an AI. You wouldn't mind me dunking you in the nearest lake to see if you short-circuit, would you?

:LOL:

I'm only joking.

I'm joking. But others, who say things like that, are not.

One of my students was accused of submitting AI-generated content in another class, and even threatened with disciplinary action for doing it. I found the accusation unlikely, and asked him to write a short essay for me while I watched. Had the essay checked, AFTER I PERSONALLY WATCHED HIM WRITE IT, and I was informed that an AI wrote it. So, that should prove that the test is flawed and can’t be used to accuse him, right?

The other teacher didn’t think so. She thought he deliberately wrote like a bot so that we won't notice it when he uses AI to write his regular school essays. She doesn't believe that any student can be as well-informed or erudite as he is, when fifteen seconds of speaking to him should confirm the fact.

So... I guess that's just where we're heading. If you're not a semi-literate ignoramus, you will automatically arouse the suspicion of those who are. If you can physically prove that you're not using an AI in your writing, they’ll suspect that you *are* the AI. What do you do then? Take the Voight-Kampff test?
Here is the main problem people don't get it. Students are not that good the way AI write. Nobody had any problems with grammar tools until chatgpt. When I was an computer science student, I got zero bonus mark for my good writing and zero penalty for bad writing. Nobody cares how you write your answer.

Teachers used to courage us to use Google and put more information in the assignments. Now due to chatgpt it's easy to find the information you need. So how can we stop students stop using AI? Make another AI who will detect is it human writing or not, bravo.

I know how this shit works and how it's made. The total system is broken. Yeap students are lazy but guess what so as the teachers. They are both using AI and complaining eachother.

Just change the evaluation system. Work hard and find a way to examine your students. How can you be so sure that AI writing detector giving you the right answer.

Just write a paragraph and put it in the best AI detector. Damn sure it'll come out as an AI writing more than 60% of times.

Ok. Now I'm really having trouble understanding how you mistyped "kids" as "kinder" in your story. It just seems a really weird mistake for a native English speaker to make.

I am trying to make it sound like a German native speaker speaking English.

That incudes using the German form of words in an English sentence.

It’s more accurate and more likely than saying “kids”.

It wasn’t a mistype, it was a deliberate editorial decision.

Where “kinder” was used, it was being said by a German native speaker.

For clarity:

Hans is Austrian. His first language is German. In speaking to Sam (British), he speaks English. His English is not perfect, so some German words filter in. Like kinder.

This is normal in the world.

That’s why I wrote it like that.

Deliberately.

The problem is they're using it the wrong way. AI writes like a human, not an alien. So, if you're good at writing, you'll be flagged most of the time. It's disgusting when they say my trashy writing is AI-written. You shouldn't use an AI detector here in the first place. To sort out bad stories, you need to read them yourself. If I use AI to write a story, then my stories will be so much better due to a good writing style. It still makes no sense who brought this idea. I mean, AI writes like us. We train them to write like this. They didn't innovate it, duh.

I completely agree, and have made this same retort on this forum many times. Every AI generator is trained with LLMs that are mined of documents on the internet. There are LLMs that are compiled of databases from this very site, which is the reason authors are being flagged.

I've been flagged multiple times, but more recently have been having more success getting stories through without problems.

My advice to help others is to keep a thesaurus handy and to do multiple checks and re-edits on stories, changing out adjectives. You want to try and avoid overusing specific words. It tends to pick up when the same words are used in descriptions for something. Another trick I found is to check your sentence structure, and try to avoid repeating the same sentences. I think the AI detection tools they are using are focused on picking up patterns in writing, which would explain why it's tripping on this.

Back