Angeline
Poet Chick
- Joined
- Mar 11, 2002
- Posts
- 27,825
Over the past few months I've received a bunch of reports claiming a poem posted here on the forum is AI, that is Artificial Intelligence, not created by a human. Most of these reports cite Pangram, an online AI detector, as judging the poem in question to be artificially generated. According to what I've read, Pangram is supposed to be very good at accurate AI detection, especially of work 50 words or more. Just out of curiosity I ran some poems through their detector and only a few were id'd as artificially generated.
I realized this means we need some sort of position on AI on this forum. So here it is:
First, I have no way of being sure a poem is AI. I don't think it's fair to judge that on the basis of some proprietary AI detector, no matter how accurate it's supposed to be. Nor do I want to spend my time here scouring posts to try and guess if an actual person wrote them. I'd rather write a poem or read yours.
Second, Literotica does have some guidelines regarding AI. You can read about them here. They apply to material published on Lit, not material posted on the forum. That's an important distinction. If someone here is posting an AI generated poem they're not going to be subject to the scrutiny they might receive if they're submitting that poem for official Literotica publication.
So reports that so-and-so's poem is AI will be rejected unless Lit develops a policy regarding poems posted on the forum. And on a personal note, if someone does use AI to make poems they're losing the opportunity to create their own art. That's just my opinion and I can see how someone might disagree but as I've said here before I'm old fashioned!
And FYI a statement summarizing this will be added to the forum's guidelines.
I realized this means we need some sort of position on AI on this forum. So here it is:
First, I have no way of being sure a poem is AI. I don't think it's fair to judge that on the basis of some proprietary AI detector, no matter how accurate it's supposed to be. Nor do I want to spend my time here scouring posts to try and guess if an actual person wrote them. I'd rather write a poem or read yours.
Second, Literotica does have some guidelines regarding AI. You can read about them here. They apply to material published on Lit, not material posted on the forum. That's an important distinction. If someone here is posting an AI generated poem they're not going to be subject to the scrutiny they might receive if they're submitting that poem for official Literotica publication.
So reports that so-and-so's poem is AI will be rejected unless Lit develops a policy regarding poems posted on the forum. And on a personal note, if someone does use AI to make poems they're losing the opportunity to create their own art. That's just my opinion and I can see how someone might disagree but as I've said here before I'm old fashioned!
And FYI a statement summarizing this will be added to the forum's guidelines.