A Genuine Use Case for AI in Writing

The more I've used AI, the less I've leaned on it, and the more I've honed my appreciation for the one very limited thing it is good at: feeding me endless shitty ideas. Somehow, it's even better at this than I am. And it's the only tool that can do it in a way that at least feels conversant with the piece I'm writing - as opposed to using a random prompt generator online, or something like Rory's Story Cubes to achieve the same analog result.

In counseling, we are taught a funny technique where we deliberately wrongly interpret something a client has just told us about themselves. This prompts the client to correct us. And this, in turn, can help them reorganize, simplify, or even reframe that same story. In other words, it can be therapeutically useful.

Its still a cheat tool.

How long have people been writing stories/novels? From whatever time that was the problems you described and all others have existed.

Yet somehow, every writer ultimately figured it out and wrote their book and on their own.

This is just a cheat hack for those to lazy to keep pushing, and if its an AI generated piece that makes up your mind, it's not an organically written story.

I've been stuck on book four of my erotic horror series for two years. The last few months I've had people suggest to do what you're doing, feed everything in and see if I get something back that can show me a path out of the problems I'm facing

I told them I'd rather never finish the book than need AI to help me.

You know how when people who have had addiction issues they will often tell how it was just a little the first time, figured they'd try it and they liked it so next time it was more, then more?

Same here. Ai helps you once its a matter of time before its writing your story for you
It's one thing to use it for grammar and spelling.

Yet somehow, every writer ultimately figured it out and wrote their book and on their own.
A lot of (and I could argue nearly all) writers have a muse that they bounce thoughts off of. Another person (an NI), a stuffed animal, an imaginary person in their heads. That's all he's talking about. He even said he treats it like a mirror. It is a device for talking to himself.

Back