A booth in the middle of nowhere

*huggles for hubby* well you have plenty of time for sleepies tonight, that and we finally get to cuddle again. :)

*snuggles back* Well, provided I don't get claustrophobic like I did last night :eek:

Well, at 6:45 this morning someone decided to do a little unscheduled remodeling of the IRL Toll Plaza I work at...I was in the office writing down a note on something relatively unimportant when I looked up and saw a van land on its side, windshield first, on one of the concrete barricades designed to protect the booths from a crash...

Needless to say, the morning got interesting real fast...

After calling 911 and pretty much ever one of my superiors all the way up the chain of command I finally got a chance to go out and see what was up...turns out the ball joint snapped on one of its wheels, the driver lost control and plowed into an empty booth...Fortunately none of the employees were hurt...Hopefully there will be word on the driver when I get in tonight...all I know about that is that he was alive when the Ambulance carted him away...he's lucky because the windshield was caved in right at the steering wheel...

One of the booths was somewhat badly damaged...moved at least a foot, windows shattered, all electronics in major need or replacement...heck the conduit was snapped in a number of places with the wiring sheered...should be interesting to see if they managed to ressurrect it durring the day today...

Back