The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

The Drs found another 8 cm lump in my nieces lung. She goes in on Friday to have a biopsy. This is her second go round with cancer in her short life.

She just finished 18 months of chemo and radiation and had three surgeries to remove the cancer and various other issues that arose. She had one all clear checkup.

Cancer has not been kind to my family. I am hoping my niece can keep the positive attitude she had last time and keep fighting. She is looking at another extended stay in the hospital.

Sending good thoughts for your niece and the rest of your family. :rose:

The Drs found another 8 cm lump in my nieces lung. She goes in on Friday to have a biopsy. This is her second go round with cancer in her short life.

She just finished 18 months of chemo and radiation and had three surgeries to remove the cancer and various other issues that arose. She had one all clear checkup.

Cancer has not been kind to my family. I am hoping my niece can keep the positive attitude she had last time and keep fighting. She is looking at another extended stay in the hospital.

God, that's rough. Wishing your family well, and a hearty FYC.

The results are in. She has another Wilms Tumor that has spread from her Kidney. We are waiting for the final testing to come back to see what stage the Cancer is.

She is in good spirits and happy. She got her chest tube out so she could be free and race around the floor in her wheelchair with her Uncle Bubba aka DeeJay who is the apple of her eye.

I do have to say the Children's Hospital and staff have it down to a science and encourage the kids and families to have a good time as much as possible and laugh right along with the patients.
The Dr's have said this round of chemo will be much tougher.

She will be going home for two weeks to recover from surgery and the plan is to start chemo once they have firm diagnosis on the stage of the cancer.

Thank You for the Prayers and Positive Thoughts.

My father died when I was in 8th grade. Liver cancer. I'll never be the same. I'll never have him walk me down the aisle when I get married or be there if I have a kid.

Fuck you cancer.

The results are in. She has another Wilms Tumor that has spread from her Kidney. We are waiting for the final testing to come back to see what stage the Cancer is.

She is in good spirits and happy. She got her chest tube out so she could be free and race around the floor in her wheelchair with her Uncle Bubba aka DeeJay who is the apple of her eye.

I do have to say the Children's Hospital and staff have it down to a science and encourage the kids and families to have a good time as much as possible and laugh right along with the patients.
The Dr's have said this round of chemo will be much tougher.

She will be going home for two weeks to recover from surgery and the plan is to start chemo once they have firm diagnosis on the stage of the cancer.

Thank You for the Prayers and Positive Thoughts.

Ron, I hope that not only she is OK, but so are you.

My father died when I was in 8th grade. Liver cancer. I'll never be the same. I'll never have him walk me down the aisle when I get married or be there if I have a kid.

Fuck you cancer.

Biiiiiiiig hug and biiiiiiiiiug FYC.

(Also, I love your username.)

I miss my mom every day. While she did get to take part in many of my life events, I hate all that she has missed since cellfucker. When it’s your mom, or your dad, or your kid, or your best friend or whoever that special person is in your life, they died too fucking soon. Too soon. That’s all.

I do believe that she is aware, though. It’s not the same as sharing it with you on a human level, but I do believe they have a vantage point, and can be part of that joy, in some way, with more perspective.

I hope that’s the same for your dad.

:heart:

Ron, I'm so sorry your niece had/has to deal with so much in her young life. I hope she did and continues to do well. I hope she is doing better every day. I also hope you and your family are staying strong and taking care of yourselves and one another.

I remember when I would take my brother to Sloan Kettering. He would be sick, tired, in pain, and everything else that went along with his cancer, but the one thing that would make him cry was when a young child came into the waiting area. He's always say, "At least I had a life, that poor kid didn't even get a chance to have any fun yet."

My brother was way too young to have his life ended by this cell monster, I hope your niece has a long and healthy life in front of her.

FYC !! You really do suck! I can't wait until you are ended!

Peace, love, and positive thoughts and prayers to all.

Last edited:
Just when I had moved on. Just when I had processed the finality of death and the guilt of it. Just as I begin to start rebuilding my life, you fucking swoop back in. And I'm right back to having to make decisions based on how long someone has. I have to re-enter the world of settlements and end of life decisions. Goddamn you! When is it going to be enough for you. When can we have a life not overshadowed by cancer.

She's not the nicest person. Hell, if I'm being honest (and why not), she's a crazy ass pain in the ass. But she doesn't deserve this. And Hubby really doesn't deserve this. Why can't you just go the fuck away?! Fuck off and fuck you cancer!

I've been away for awhile. Just now catching up on this thread.

:(:mad:

Fuck You Cancer....

Just when I had moved on. Just when I had processed the finality of death and the guilt of it. Just as I begin to start rebuilding my life, you fucking swoop back in. And I'm right back to having to make decisions based on how long someone has. I have to re-enter the world of settlements and end of life decisions. Goddamn you! When is it going to be enough for you. When can we have a life not overshadowed by cancer.

She's not the nicest person. Hell, if I'm being honest (and why not), she's a crazy ass pain in the ass. But she doesn't deserve this. And Hubby really doesn't deserve this. Why can't you just go the fuck away?! Fuck off and fuck you cancer!

Exactly! Fuck You Cancer!

Fuck you cancer stealing Cokie Roberts too soon.
Tears fell down my face as I listened to the NPR story on her today. I will miss her voice and her wisdom.
I will always hold her as an inspiration and role model.

Rest in Peace Cokie.
:rose::(

Fuck you cancer stealing Cokie Roberts too soon.
Tears fell down my face as I listened to the NPR story on her today. I will miss her voice and her wisdom.
I will always hold her as an inspiration and role model.

Rest in Peace Cokie.
:rose::(

:rose::heart:

3bc2d0d19d0fe7a6be539400c47127e66debe179.jpg

If you can't laugh at the side affects of prostate cancer, what can you laugh at? :eek:

ps: Fuck You Cancer :mad:

Just heard that Marie Fredriksson of Roxette died on Monday after something like 17 years of treatment. FYC.

Survivor

This is something I read a while ago. I’m going by memory so it is probably not exact.
Those who have survived cancer will understand.

You are doing something mundane and boring, let’s say finishing up the supper dishes standing at the kitchen sink.
You feel a gun pressed to the back of your head and the snick as it is cocked.
A voice speaks. There is no pity, no joy in the voice. It is flat, utterly devoid of emotion.
“I am your cancer” it says.
The voice tells you that when the trigger is pulled your cancer will return.
My finger will always be on the trigger.
I may not pull the trigger today.
Or tomorrow.
It may be years.
Or next month.
Or never.
But the gun will be there for the rest of your life.
Now, go ahead and live a normal life.

It has been six years but there isn’t a day go by that I do not feel that gun.

FY cancer:mad:

This is something I read a while ago. I’m going by memory so it is probably not exact.

You are doing something mundane and boring, let’s say finishing up the supper dishes standing at the kitchen sink.
A voice speaks. There is no pity, no joy in the voice. It is flat, utterly devoid of emotion.
Or tomorrow.
It may be years.
Or next month.
Or never.

So fucking perfect.

FYC.

3bc2d0d19d0fe7a6be539400c47127e66debe179.jpg

If you can't laugh at the side affects of prostate cancer, what can you laugh at? :eek:

ps: Fuck You Cancer :mad:

Your awesomeness must be measured not in nations but incontinence.

Or tomorrow.
It may be years.
Or next month.
Or never.

Damn! That describes the ghost behind us, doesn't it? BUT, we must live our life as completely and as fearlessly as we can. Beating cancer for me, has not only been a physical battle, but an emotional one...to make sure the ghost doesn't win! Seems like we are constantly discovering new friends and family members have to fight the same battle. A sister in law is facing the battle again. FUCK YOU CANCER!

Or tomorrow.
It may be years.
Or next month.
Or never.

yup... :mad:

Damn! That describes the ghost behind us, doesn't it? BUT, we must live our life as completely and as fearlessly as we can. Beating cancer for me, has not only been a physical battle, but an emotional one...to make sure the ghost doesn't win! Seems like we are constantly discovering new friends and family members have to fight the same battle. A sister in law is facing the battle again. FUCK YOU CANCER!

:rose::rose::rose:

We only go around once but I'll make it seem like twice!
I'm spending my kids inheritance!

Fuck you cancer

Back