avatar?

jason_dancer

Virgin
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Posts
1
i'm sure this is a stupid question, no doubt a typical newbie one, but how the hell do I add an avatar?

i went to my lil' "options" tab, and went to where it says "avatar", but it doesn't give me any options whatsoever, thereby allowing me no apparent way to add my avatar.

as a sidenote: i'm going to feel extremely stupid if, when posting this, i realize that my profile picture is my avatar. if that's the case, ignore this post. if not, can someone throw me a bone here and tell me how to add it?

thanx!
 
Hi jason_dancer, welcome to Lit!

You need to have 100 posts before you can have an avatar. You'll get there in no time!
 
Re: # of posts?

mizbhvn said:
How do I check to see how many posts I have?

:rose:

Simply look underneath your name after you post. According to the count when I posted this one, you had nine. :)

S.
 
oh...

I am new too and was wondering that same thing lol ;) Thought I was just being a ditz and missed something lol.
 
Re: oh...

pussicat said:
I am new too and was wondering that same thing lol ;) Thought I was just being a ditz and missed something lol.

Yeah I'm glad some one else asked too, but I was going to PM someone and ask, so thank you and Welcome to Lit.:rose:
 
well, someone told me that you could have one at any time and when you do 100 posts, you can customize one. I had the same luck that you did though. I don't even have the option of picking a generic one out.....
 
moonchild24 said:
well, someone told me that you could have one at any time and when you do 100 posts, you can customize one. I had the same luck that you did though. I don't even have the option of picking a generic one out.....

The vBulletin software that drives the forums here at Lit does indeed permit you to choose an avatar from the list provided until you're permitted a custom avatar at a given post count.

The adminstrators of Lit have provided you the extensive choice of <NONE> for an avatar before the 100 posts they have set the cutoff for custom avatar.

In other words, the software does work the way you were told, but the way it's configured at Literotica effectively disables that function.
 
Adding my hello and welcome for all those newbies....oh and a great top tip.....find the word games (there are tonnes in the play ground) and play those! Your post count goes up really quickly!


Suggestions:


Ask me a question game (my thread*L*)

Word association (only one word to post)


goofy game


A-z of anything

Word express


All over on the playground :)
 
what is the maximum size an Avatar can be? and what is the size most recomended?
 
if it seems like a newbie question....perhaps a question that is asked frequently....maybe you should look deep within yourself and realise, it may infact be...a frequently....asked...question.

now, where does one go to find answeres to one of these....frequently....asked....questions?....why! they go to the FAQ!!! thats right!! the Frequently Asked Questions page....

(i had the same question like 15 minutes ago, but instead of posting about it, i looked at the faq....go me!)
 
dangermoose007 said:
if it seems like a newbie question....perhaps a question that is asked frequently....maybe you should look deep within yourself and realise, it may infact be...a frequently....asked...question.

now, where does one go to find answeres to one of these....frequently....asked....questions?....why! they go to the FAQ!!! thats right!! the Frequently Asked Questions page....

(i had the same question like 15 minutes ago, but instead of posting about it, i looked at the faq....go me!)

I looked in the FAQ and found nothing so I posted... I'll go back and look.. and your welcome!!
 
sorry im being an ass. i blame it on male pms....i've actually been an internet ass almost all week...*sigh*...
 
jacintexas said:
I found that one also but it doesn't tell my how big they can be.. 150x150 pixels?... 200x150 pixels?

No larger than 150 pixels in the largest dimension.

150 x 1 or 1 x 150 is cool, but 200 x 150 is too big.

There is also a file size limitation of 20480 byte -- that's exactly 20 Kb, BTW.

As long as BOTH numbers are 150 or less, and the file size is under 20480 bytes a picture can be used as an avatar. That doesn't necessarily mean it will work as an avatar.

The ludicrous example above of 1 pixel x 150 pixels is a straight line and pretty much useless as a meaningful avatar. A very complex and detailed image will reduce down to a fuzzy blur and an avatar that's much smaller than 150 pixels can't display enough detail to be recogniseable.

IMHO, a "good" avatar is a simple image with a limited range of colors that is the maximum 150 pixels in it's largest dimension. (Not, a limited color selection, but a limited choice of colors.)
 
mymuffin said:
trying to get to 100 to earn mine!!!

You are already on 114...Well done n your speedy posting.
 
Back
Top