clit piercings

Avery_Chisholm said:
was just wondering if there is a difference in feeling for either clit piercing?
italics added

I'm a guy, so I can't speak with 101% authority, but I wasn't aware a female had more than 1 clit to choose from...

Re: Re: clit piercings

ReadyOne said:
italics added

I'm a guy, so I can't speak with 101% authority, but I wasn't aware a female had more than 1 clit to choose from...

There're 2 major WAYS to do the piercing
I'm assuming that's what Avery meant

Lack of women's input

Just another guy's comment. But I think James is right. There are 'hood' piercings adn actual 'clit' piercings.

I know a woman hewre on Lit that might be able to shed some light. I will ask her to stop in.

GG my dear, we need your help!

DC

The two piercing involving the clit that are the most popular are the vertical hood piercing and the horizontal hood piercing.

Of the piercers that I know none will pierce the actual clit itself. My understanding is that the central nerve for the genital region runs directly through it, if it were severed during the pierce the last thing you'd feel in that region forever would be the piercers hands.

Vertical piercings use a barbell with a ball that slides over the clit with movement, these provide the most stimulation.

Horizontal piercings typically have a ring through the hood with a captive bead on it, the bead is supposed to rest on the clit providing stimulation. Often times the ring will flip up or in other ways move away from where its supposed to be.

There you go

Georgia Girl said:
The two piercing involving the clit that are the most popular are the vertical hood piercing and the horizontal hood piercing.

Of the piercers that I know none will pierce the actual clit itself. My understanding is that the central nerve for the genital region runs directly through it, if it were severed during the pierce the last thing you'd feel in that region forever would be the piercers hands.

Vertical piercings use a barbell with a ball that slides over the clit with movement, these provide the most stimulation.

Horizontal piercings typically have a ring through the hood with a captive bead on it, the bead is supposed to rest on the clit providing stimulation. Often times the ring will flip up or in other ways move away from where its supposed to be.

Thanks GG.

I knew you could help. I sit here corrected and humbled. No thte first time of course...

DC

you can have either a bar or a cbr in either piercing.
most piercers use bars in the vertical piercing, and cbr's in the horizontal one, but it's really a matter of personal preference.
you can also have more than one piercing in the clit hood, and you can do one horizontal and one vertical. (two vertical can also be done, but only on women with large clits.)
i have also done a double vertical on one lady who came to see me - one on either side of the clit, just to the edge of the nerve bundle, but she's the only one i've ever done that piercing to.

my personal preference is for a cbr in a vertical piercing - that way, i can change it to a bar if i choose.
and the ball on the cbr can be rotated to sit either on the top part of my clit, or right on the nub at the bottom, depending on how much stimulation i want.

wq :kiss:

what i meant is sowry sometimes i don't speak proper english, is there a particular one out of the two that is most sensitive????

Better late than never!

I can only imagine how many people had a clit piercing 20 years ago! When I think back 20 years ago... the planet seemed so naive & nubile back then!:rolleyes:

Clit Piercings

Hi I'm yet another newbie here, this caught my attention because it is something I have been thinking about having.

What I would like to ask is about the pain........ can anyone tell me how painful it was (any comparisons) I have my navel pierced, I didn't feel any pain when that was done.

Also what about the nipples and the pain there?

Thanks in advance

CD:kiss:

Warrior Queen can answer from a standpoint I can't but.......

I have a horizontal hood, the pain was minimal, just one sharp WOW that lead to one big orgasm.

Personally I want more though.

Both nipples and 3 down each labia.

Re: Clit Piercings

Crazy Diamond said:
Hi I'm yet another newbie here, this caught my attention because it is something I have been thinking about having.

What I would like to ask is about the pain........ can anyone tell me how painful it was (any comparisons) I have my navel pierced, I didn't feel any pain when that was done.

Also what about the nipples and the pain there?

Thanks in advance

CD:kiss:

i'm going to tell you the same thing i tell all my clients....

the more you want it, the less it will hurt.

seriously though, on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being unbearable and 1 being mosquito bite -

navel = 2-3
clit = 5-6
nipples = 7-8

but that also varies, some people never feel anything with any piercings, some do.
and don't forget, as soon as the jewelry is in, the pain is gone.

Nothing I can say about the pain or anything like that, but I will say that they are incredibly sexy I think.

Carnus

i knew someone who said she could get an orgasm from the vibrations on the bus - via clit stud rubbing against zip on jeans. i think it would make not much difference to feeling during sex - only otherwise like on buses (not quite the best time for an orgasm)

PinkOrchid said:
I wanted it BADLY and it hurt like nothing else I've felt before (and I've had some serious accidents). But the pain was so quick that by the time it registered it was gone.

Physically, I can take a lot of pain and discomfort, but this made me scream.

Was it worth it? Fuck yes.

the pain is felt differently by each person - some think it's like a burning sensation, others describe it as being like a really bad bee-sting, and some others say they didn't really feel it.

it could be described as a short, sharp burning pain that lasts about 1/2 second, but that feels like it lasts a whole lot longer than that!

the actual needle-work (putting the needle through) only takes 1/2 a second, then pushing the jewelry through the canula is another 1/2 second, but that bit is more uncomfortable than painful.
and once the jewelry is in, there's no more actual pain (and most people find at this point, with me fiddling around putting the balls on/in, is when they begin to have orgasmic reactions).

if you are really seriously worried about pain, ask your piercer to use something like Lidocaine Ointment first to numb the area - but be aware that any anaesthetic will cause the tissues to swell, meaning that any bruising will be exaggerated and the swelling can also cause the end result to be slightly off-centre!
(i prefer NOT to use any anaesthetic for that reason.)

warrior queen said:
if you are really seriously worried about pain, ask your piercer to use something like Lidocaine Ointment first to numb the area - but be aware that any anaesthetic will cause the tissues to swell, meaning that any bruising will be exaggerated and the swelling can also cause the end result to be slightly off-centre!
(i prefer NOT to use any anaesthetic for that reason.)

How about Ethyl Chloride?
It should numb the short shock and not cause any swelling...

James G 5 said:
How about Ethyl Chloride?
It should numb the short shock and not cause any swelling...

most piercers are not qualified to use these substances, and i would be concerned if i heard they were being offered.
lidocaine, on the other hand, can be bought over the counter (some use 'teething gel' a dilute formulation) and applied by the client.

seriously, the pain is only a tiny part of the entire piercing experience, and if you are that worried about the pain, maybe a rethink is in order?
remember, there can be pain afterwards as well, from bruising and infections (if you're unlucky enough to get one! - extremely rare for genital piercing), as well as from too-rough play too early.

if you're not at least prepared for some pain and discomfort, then i would say don't go ahead with it.

warrior queen said:
most piercers are not qualified to use these substances, and i would be concerned if i heard they were being offered.
lidocaine, on the other hand, can be bought over the counter (some use 'teething gel' a dilute formulation) and applied by the client.

seriously, the pain is only a tiny part of the entire piercing experience, and if you are that worried about the pain, maybe a rethink is in order?
remember, there can be pain afterwards as well, from bruising and infections (if you're unlucky enough to get one! - extremely rare for genital piercing), as well as from too-rough play too early.

if you're not at least prepared for some pain and discomfort, then i would say don't go ahead with it.

Ethyl chloride's not a drug, it's a shot of liquid cold...it works simply by chilling the area. Dr's use it to numb injection sites, but there's no special training for its use, massage therapists commonly use it for trigger point massage
I will bow to your expertise in piercing use tho, it's not my area :D

Thanks for all the great info! I want a clit piercing, but I'm a wimp when it comes to major pain. Also, I don't know if I would want to have an orgasm right then and there! lol

Back