Vasectomy

G

Just a message and wanting to get some help with this.

Had a vasectomy 4 days ago. Was wondering if any other men have had one and how long they waited till they had sex after the surgery.

Voldemort

Isn't this the kind of thing your doctor would have told you before the surgery?

This is from a page called all about vasectomy:
How soon can I have sex again?
That depends on you. Most men start again within a week. Others have sex sooner. Some wait longer. But remember, it takes about 15-20 ejaculations to clear sperm out of your system. Use another form of birth control for vaginal intercourse until a semen analysis shows there are no longer sperm in your seminal fluid.

Ain't Google great?

Yes and No

You see my doctor gave me this sheet to go by, and then I called him yesterday to ask him how long before I could do other things and he told me to wait another 5-10 days before doing any lifting or ohter things. The sheet told me that my wife and I could start after 5 days, now to wait another 5 - 10 days, let's just say I'm bored off my tree.

I can't lift my kids, I can't do any work around the house, just not what I'm use to or my cup of tea.

Sorry for getting so heated.

Voldemort

Waiting 5-10 days before doing lifting sounds like regular surgery precautions to me. If it were me, I'd start lifting before I started sex - lifting doesn't necessarily involve that area, while sex does. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

Thank you

Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it. Just bored as hell and want to get up and do things again, especially the sex.

Voldemort

Not to be too crude... but I'm dying to ask a question. This actually came up during a conversation this weekend with a friend. When a man has had a vacectomy... does he still spurt a load when he comes? Is it still white? Is the amount smaller or stay the same? Same consistency or runnier?

We were both wondering and I thought that nothing would change since ejaculate is produced and stored in the prostate... but I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

Mmm from what i have read everything is the same except no swimmers.
Heck you can become a Sunkiss.... A juice no seads.

:)

my experience

[this is actually Nola's husband, anything you don't like about this post is actually my fault and not hers]

Well, the thing with the waiting 5-10 days is to prevent the incision from tearing. I strongly recommend waiting at least a week, depending on how well things heal. When I had mine done, I had a minor infection that caused some swelling (unfortunately just in the testicles) and a little tenderness. So I waited at least the full 10 days.

Every case is different, and I'm not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt. If you can poke around the incision site and there's no scab, drainage, or soreness then you're probably fine doing anything that doesn't involve bondage instruments.

It's worth noting though that you're still "fertile" until all the sperm currently in your testicles is expelled (takes about a month, depending on your level of sexual activity).

To answer the other question, there is no discernable difference that I have seen between the ejaculate before and after the vasectomy.

Re: my experience

Nola said:
[this is actually Nola's husband, anything you don't like about this post is actually my fault and not hers]

Well, the thing with the waiting 5-10 days is to prevent the incision from tearing. I strongly recommend waiting at least a week, depending on how well things heal. When I had mine done, I had a minor infection that caused some swelling (unfortunately just in the testicles) and a little tenderness. So I waited at least the full 10 days.

Every case is different, and I'm not a doctor, so take this with a grain of salt. If you can poke around the incision site and there's no scab, drainage, or soreness then you're probably fine doing anything that doesn't involve bondage instruments.

It's worth noting though that you're still "fertile" until all the sperm currently in your testicles is expelled (takes about a month, depending on your level of sexual activity).

To answer the other question, there is no discernable difference that I have seen between the ejaculate before and after the vasectomy.

Nola's husband should be a physician. Right on the money.

And you'll know when you are "ready" for a return to, ummm, the sexual front lines. Don't rush it because a tear in the incision would be rather unpleasant I would guess.

There is no noticeable difference in the 'substance' even with all those proud little swimmers gone from the fun.

You will know when it's safe to procede with sexual activity .....When I had mine I had the strong urge to know that it still worked.......:eek: .....5 days and a blowjob ...solved all concerns.....

That was 5 years ago and the best thing I ever did for our sex life......

And to answer the question on ejaculate....nothing changes and you will not be able to see, feel or tell the difference except with a microscope to see that there are no little swimming objects.....

Don't over do with the liftig tooooo sooon as a friend did, it is living hell.....

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had a vasectomy?

Okay, this is just TOO WEIRD for me. :eek:

~CWatson
(contributing nothing useful :D)

Re: my experience

Nola said:
[

This is very important to note. You can still be fertile despite several ejaculations after the procedure. Also, it is very possible for it to actually reverse itself. If that happens it usually will do so in the first year or two. I went back to the urologist several times to get tested in order to make sure!

As for when you can return to action, I remember thinking the doctor's precautions being VERY conservative. I don't remember the exact time but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't 10 -15 days. I know that I didn't wait as long as he told me to, only because I felt fine, it was a minimal difference and I was horny. Not the smartest move but it did work out okay. I did do EVERYTHING else he said verbatim (ice, rest, etc.) because that is one area I didn't want ANY problems with. I asked lots and lots of questions and made sure I was clear on everything way before I had it done.

There is nothing here that the doctor shouldn't have already told you. I wouldn't hesitate to call up and ask. Be sure!! We are not doctors and like every other procedure, they are all different. He did the procedure so he would know.

As for the other question asked, the only difference is the lack of sperm. No difference in feelings, amounts etc.

CWatson said:
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had a vasectomy?

Okay, this is just TOO WEIRD for me. :eek:

~CWatson
(contributing nothing useful :D)
Hee! I hadn't thought of it that way.

I JO'ed within days (3-4) - no problem
went bowling within a week - no problem

depends on the person I healed well with allmost no swelling.

the old adage ... if it hurts dont do it.

RC

I had a "V" two years ago and I must say that I DO notice a differance!!!
My orgasms feel the same but the "cum"/"ejaculate"/"love seed"/"flowwing juice"? etc is not as whitish looking as it once was!!!!
It is definately a more clearish color.

Does it taste the same?

I've yet to taste myself but if ya want I can give you an update on that part ;-)

I had mine done shortly after the birth of my second daughter,
in '80. The Urologist snipped, cauterized the ends and then tied
them in a knot. Chances for untold re-connection - 1 - 100,000.
Off work one day, iced the area, kept it clean, no problems.
Took a "sample" in 21 days later to confirm sterility.

My wife at the time kidded me about being in the bathroom
with a Penthouse, giving the sample. She could have helped...

Have not noticed any difference in ejaculate. Taste or otherwise.

Enjoy shooting blanks. ;)

I had mine almost two years ago. Much like the other's experience. I spent two days wearing a jock strap and putting ice on it every few hours to prevent swelling. The doc gave me some vicadin for pain and antibiotics to prevent infection.

For 3 days, I had to take it easy. By day 4, I was back to work. After about a week, I began the ejaculatory cleaning process lol. Even after I was over 20, my doc had me wait three weeks. Not sure why other than he said besides the 15-20 ejaculations, your body has to clean any remaining sperm out, so he's the doc lol

After three weeks, I took my sample in and I was officially sterile. I have to say , it has all worked out pretty well. There is NO difference in my ejaculations at all. The sperm looks and feels exactly the same, and it has not affected my sex drive one bit, other than now I"m even hornier lol.

A few days after mine I had a big black cock!
I'm white.........................but I swear I had an African American piece of meat danglin from my crotch.
It was was one bruised penis,//////////////////
Doc said it was from the Alieve I had taken prior to the operation.

Sumpthin 'bout the "easily bruised" blood etc.

The wife looked upon me very hungrily :)
But by the time I could love her I was back to my normal Caucasion self;-)

The first time I orgasmed(?) I felt a weird pull..........................5 days later
but since then all the plumbing works just fine :)

Your question

P. B. Walker said:
Not to be too crude... but I'm dying to ask a question. This actually came up during a conversation this weekend with a friend. When a man has had a vacectomy... does he still spurt a load when he comes? Is it still white? Is the amount smaller or stay the same? Same consistency or runnier?

We were both wondering and I thought that nothing would change since ejaculate is produced and stored in the prostate... but I wasn't sure.

Thanks.

Sperm is created in the testicles. Nearly all the seminal fluid is produced by the prostate gland. During the Vasectomy procedure the tubes between the testicles and prostate is severed then tied, burned by cautery or otherwise sealed.

At the time of subsequent ejaculation, the male will eject a normal amount or seminal fluid of normal color and consistency. The only thing that is different is that sperm will not be added to the fluid at the time of ejaculation, hence, sterility.

For a short period following the procedure, some sperm may be swimming in the upper end of the tube connecting the testicle to the prostrate. This could be ejaculated during the first sexual encounter. However, after about 10 days you can be sure all sperm which could be expelled with your spunk has died and been reabsorbed by the body.

Re: Your question

Jenny _S said:
Sperm is created in the testicles. Nearly all the seminal fluid is produced by the prostate gland. During the Vasectomy procedure the tubes between the testicles and prostate is severed then tied, burned by cautery or otherwise sealed.

At the time of subsequent ejaculation, the male will eject a normal amount or seminal fluid of normal color and consistency. The only thing that is different is that sperm will not be added to the fluid at the time of ejaculation, hence, sterility.

For a short period following the procedure, some sperm may be swimming in the upper end of the tube connecting the testicle to the prostrate. This could be ejaculated during the first sexual encounter. However, after about 10 days you can be sure all sperm which could be expelled with your spunk has died and been reabsorbed by the body.

I believe the tubes Jenny is referring to is the Vasa Deferentia , or also called Vas Deferens.

PB said,

//Not to be too crude... but I'm dying to ask a question. This actually came up during a conversation this weekend with a friend. When a man has had a vacectomy... [1]does he still spurt a load when he comes?[2] Is it still white? [3]Is the amount smaller or stay the same? [4]Same consistency or runnier?//

1 yes
2 yes or grayish, but essentially as before
3 smaller. a urologist told me 10% less.
4 same since the consistency is mostly determined by the prostatic fluid.

These answers agree with the authorities, and with my personal experience.

Oh, and sex drive not affected.

J.

Last edited:
yessssssssssssssssss.........................
stimulate my prostate gland and let me unleash my sterile load:)

Who here is willing( ladies only!!) to find my "magic spot" and bring out the best in me :)

Just had to give props to all the gentlemen out there who took family planning into their own hands to give us ladies a break. There should be more men out there like you!

P.S. Why are vascectomy reversals heavily advertised at truck stops? (I'm not setting up a joke...i really want to know!)

dollface007 said:
Just had to give props to all the gentlemen out there who took family planning into their own hands to give us ladies a break. There should be more men out there like you!

P.S. Why are vascectomy reversals heavily advertised at truck stops? (I'm not setting up a joke...i really want to know!)

Thank you dollface. After my wife had our daughter, we had originally intended to have one more child, but she developed some health problems after the baby. The medication she was on then reacted bad with birth control pills. We looked into the shot or implant, but decided there were too many risky side effects and still not the best protection against pregnancy.

We finally decided it would be safer, cheaper, and most effective if I just got a vasectomy, so that's what we went with.

People often ask me what would I do if her and I ever split up (which I hope never happens) and a new wife wanted to have kids. I'd just have to make it clear early on that that's just not a possibility. Even my urologist told me there is a reversal procedure, but it's very costly, high risk, and not always effective. Not to mention most insurance plans don't cover it, so he said not to consider that an option. So far, we're very happy with the decision, and I don't feel any less "manly". If anything, I feel more so for taking care and looking out for my family.

Back