Cat question

There is a breed that loves the water. I forget what it is. I used to bath my boy when he was a kitten. He had bathroom issues. If I bathed my girl I'd be a bloody mess.

Quint said:
:( *hug*

I was reeking jealousy all the way through this thread....the last post reminded me, aside from T's rampant allergies, why I don't want to do the kitty life again.

i used to be a big cat person, but A also has allegies to them, so getting a new ct after my last one died wasnt high on my list of things of things to do.

growing up, we made sure our cats knew how to swim and get out of the pool.

and my current kitty, as an indoor cat, as limited water hazards but as a kitten she still managed it.

one night i was filling the tub for a bath and she hopped onto the ledge - which was slippery and bam! in she went. there was a moment of shock, than panic than a wet retreat under my bed followed by me trying not to laugh and dragging her out so i could towel dry her.

she has also fallen into the toilet once or twice. gross.

WriterDom said:
When my boy picks on the girl should I yell at him? He doesn't hurt her. He just smacks at her ass and bites her butt. She gets in a submissive position and runs away when she has had enough. If they really got into it I think she'd kick his ass.

My advice is to leave them be.
Why?
My adult son has two cats (male and female) and they behave the same.

Early on, my son would separate them and chastise the male. This ended the first time that he did it and the female then attacked the male (not hard) until he attacked her back.

Cats just like to play rough.

OMG the Youtube links are priceless.......

Here is a image of the furry menace extraordinaire 'Dommy' taken last night as he tried to kill "the bad thing" that was in fact the DVD 'floating' screen saver. Apologies for the appalling quality of the image it was taken in a fairly dark room , so I 'enhanced' it a little in Picassa so the content was more easily seen.

dommydvd.jpg

neonflux said:
Oh my Goddess! Don't mind the TV, but if one of my cats did this to my computer screen, he would be removed quickly from the keyboard and sprayed directly in the face with water while being told "dame dame dame" (bad, bad, bad in Japanese)!!! (My computer is my livelihood.) :eek:
Concurs , good thing it wasn't one of those new fangled touch screen thangs though, can you imagine....... :chuckles:

Krinaia said:
also, one time, i had a guy over and we were making out on the couch like we were in high school except that he took off my bra with serious finesse - and she came up and licked his bare foot.

cats can be serious mood killers.

I hate to say this but cats love smelly feet !!!

UK_Strawberry said:
I hate to say this but cats love smelly feet !!!
I have a cat who LOVES to sleep with his whole head inside my shoe. It takes all kinds, I guess. :rolleyes:

Krinaia said:
growing up, we made sure our cats knew how to swim and get out of the pool.

and my current kitty, as an indoor cat, as limited water hazards but as a kitten she still managed it.

one night i was filling the tub for a bath and she hopped onto the ledge - which was slippery and bam! in she went. there was a moment of shock, than panic than a wet retreat under my bed followed by me trying not to laugh and dragging her out so i could towel dry her.

she has also fallen into the toilet once or twice. gross.

Cats are born knowing how to swim. I know cause in my life I've probably 'owned' over a hundred cats and everyone of them has fall into the tub at least once. (I'm a bath addict and they like to visit.) Everyone of them was able to get out by themselves - they had to I was laughing to hard to be of any help.

It's a common myth that cats are afraid of water. It's simply not true. They just know it's bad for them. Their coats are pretty close to being waterproof. They come in from the rain (light shower) and the water practically rolls of their fur. Even in heavy rain the water will not penetrate down to their skin.

However, if they get completely wet, i.e. by total immersion, so that their skin is wet, their body temperature can / will drop. If a cat's temperature drops too low they will die. You may have heard the saying that at cat goes away to die. Again not quite true. If they are very ill / injured the will find somewhere cold to lower their temperature and therefore die. Sad but true.

*heads off to give herself a talking to about boring these nice people here* :rose:

why do people see animals as children?

if two adult animals are working things out without risk of injury, the best thing is almos always to leave them to it.

start screwing with the balance and they might actually hurt each other.

WriterDom said:
When my boy picks on the girl should I yell at him? He doesn't hurt her. He just smacks at her ass and bites her butt. She gets in a submissive position and runs away when she has had enough. If they really got into it I think she'd kick his ass.

If they do get into you'll know it. All you will see is a pair of furry buzzsaws on your floor and fur exploding out in all directions. Been there, did that and threw water on them to stop it.

Penalt said:
If they do get into you'll know it. All you will see is a pair of furry buzzsaws on your floor and fur exploding out in all directions. Been there, did that and threw water on them to stop it.

They've gone a few rounds in the past. Believe me, he wants no part of a real fight.

Back