Do you supersize your thunder thighs at the drive up?

Free_Spirit said:
I'd love some crock recipes please Koala, I was given a crock pot for my birthday and seem to be cooking the same things in it.

Oh for inspiration.... oh for Koalabear... :)
OOOOO good thing she can't cook the squid.... ;) :D

Last edited:
starrynightin64 said:
OOOOO good thing she can't cook the squid.... ;) :D

squid, eh?

somone is trying to be sneaky...

I have no idea why. Perhaps if I stick around for the show I can figure it out?

GRILLED ZUCCHINI
Ingredients

Serving: Serves 10

* 10 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
* Coarse salt, (to taste)
* Freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)

Directions

1. Place slices of zucchini on the heated grill. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic over zucchini. Cook over low heat until tender and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.

koalabear said:
GRILLED ZUCCHINI
Ingredients

Serving: Serves 10

* 10 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
* Coarse salt, (to taste)
* Freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)

Directions

1. Place slices of zucchini on the heated grill. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic over zucchini. Cook over low heat until tender and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.

this can be done with cauliflower too, adding a bit of parmesan and lemon juice just before serving. Cook it under the broiler for 10-15, stirring once.

Grilled Tomatoes
Ingredients

Serving: Makes 1 quart

* 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions

1. Heat grill to high. In a bowl, toss tomatoes, olive oil and thyme. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Starting with cut sides down, grill tomatoes until soft and charred, 8 to 12 minutes per side.
3. Return tomatoes to bowl; cut into rough pieces with kitchen shears.

skittles_lm said:
squid, eh?

somone is trying to be sneaky...

I have no idea why. Perhaps if I stick around for the show I can figure it out?
squid is easier to handle then the polar bear :)

Honey-Glazed Grilled Pineapple
Ingredients

Serving: Serves 4

Directions

1. 1. Using a large serrated knife, cut off top and bottom of the pineapple, just deep enough to expose the flesh. Stand pineapple on one end on a cutting board; begin cutting away the skin, from top to bottom, rotating pineapple on board until all skin is removed. 2. Cut pineapple crosswise into ½ to ¾-thick slices. Using a small biscuit cutter, core each slice and discard. Transfer to a shallow baking dish. 3. In small bowl, combine honey and lime juice. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of pineapple with mixture. Cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 and up to 8 hours. 4. Preheat grill to medium. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over slices. Grill 3 minutes, until golden brown. Garnish with mint leaves; serve hot or at room temperature with ice cream, if desired.

starrynightin64 said:
squid is easier to handle then the polar bear :)

then why do I have duck on the brain?

Polar bears are mean. Try koala. i've heard they're tasty.

skittles_lm said:
then why do I have duck on the brain?

Polar bears are mean. Try koala. i've heard they're tasty.
geese are better but kinda gamey...
but then Moose are too

Grill-Roasted Pork Loin for Charcoal Grill

If only "enhanced" pork is available (it will be stated on the label), do not brine the roast. Instead, simply add 2 tablespoons kosher salt to the black pepper seasoning. With minor adjustments, a roast larger than the one called for can be cooked using the same method. For each additional pound of meat over 3 pounds (do not use a roast larger than 6 pounds), increase the salt in the brine by 1/4 cup and the water by 1 quart; also increase the oil and pepper by 1 teaspoon each (if using a spice rub, increase the recipe by one-third). Because the cooking time depends more on the diameter of the loin than its length, the cooking time for a larger roast will not increase significantly. After rotating the roast in step 5, begin checking the internal temperature after 30 minutes of cooking.

Serves 4 to 6
3/4 cup table salt
1 boneless pork loin roast (blade-end), 2 1/2 to 3 pounds, tied with kitchen twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals (see illustration below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper , or 1 recipe spice rub (use the rub of your choice)

See Below: Tying Pork Loin

1. Dissolve salt in 3 quarts water in large container; submerge roast, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until fully seasoned, 3 to 4 hours. Rinse roast under cold water and dry thoroughly with paper towels.

2. Rub roast with oil; sprinkle with pepper or spice rub and press into meat. Let roast stand at room temperature 1 hour.

3. Meanwhile, soak two 3-inch wood chunks in water to cover for 1 hour; drain. About 25 minutes before grilling, open bottom grill vents. Using large chimney starter, ignite about 5 quarts charcoal, or about 90 individual briquettes, and burn until fully ignited, about 15 minutes. Empty coals into grill; build modified two-level fire by arranging coals to cover one-half of grill, piling them about 3 briquettes high. Place soaked wood chunks on coals. Position grill grate over coals, cover grill, and heat until hot, about 5 minutes; scrape grill grate clean with grill brush.

4. Grill pork directly over fire until browned, about 2 minutes; using tongs, rotate one-quarter turn and repeat until all sides are well browned, about 8 minutes total. Move loin to cool side of grill, positioning roast parallel with and as close as possible to fire. Open grill lid vents halfway; cover grill so vents are opposite fire and draw smoke through grill. (Internal grill temperature should be about 425 degrees.) Cook 20 minutes.

5. Remove cover; using tongs, rotate roast 180 degrees so side facing fire now faces away. Replace cover and continue cooking until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast registers 140 degrees, 10 to 30 minutes longer, depending on thickness.

6. Transfer roast to cutting board; tent loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes. Internal temperature should rise to 150 degrees. Remove twine; cut roast into 1/2-inch-thick slices and serve.

Step-by-Step: Tying Pork Loin

No fancy knots needed -- just use double knots to secure pieces of kitchen twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals.

sub index 1983028475620

Last edited:
Yolkless Deviled Eggs Recipe - http://www.lifescript.com/channels/food_nutrition/Recipes/
This recipe serves: 12
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
12 hard boiled eggs (discard yolks)
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon minced green onion
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon curry powder
Paprika and ground pepper to taste
Parsley for decoration

Preparation Instructions
1. Shell eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and discard or save for future use. Place the egg white halves on a plate and set aside.
2. Blend the cheese, mustard, onion and spices in a blender or food processor.
3. Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves and sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
4. Decorate with parsley sprigs if desired.

starrynightin64 said:
Yolkless Deviled Eggs Recipe - http://www.lifescript.com/channels/food_nutrition/Recipes/
This recipe serves: 12
Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
12 hard boiled eggs (discard yolks)
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon minced green onion
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoon minced garlic
¼ teaspoon curry powder
Paprika and ground pepper to taste
Parsley for decoration

Preparation Instructions
1. Shell eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and discard or save for future use. Place the egg white halves on a plate and set aside.
2. Blend the cheese, mustard, onion and spices in a blender or food processor.
3. Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves and sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
4. Decorate with parsley sprigs if desired.

wow, this sounds really good. *adds it to list*

you guys rock!

skittles_lm said:
wow, this sounds really good. *adds it to list*

you guys rock!
they have more good stuff at the link...
I added it cause Bear will tell you...no real food is really prepared with these hands :eek:

Back