fuck around and find out... Gateway Pundit declares bankruptcy

butters

High on a Hill
https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...1&cvid=40785fe088914e95845307d24b94941a&ei=79
In a message posted to the conspiracy theory-laden site that he founded, Jim Hoft announced that The Gateway Pundit has declared bankruptcy.

“TGP Communications, the parent company of The Gateway Pundit, recently made the decision to seek protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Southern District of Florida as a result of the progressive liberal lawfare attacks against our media outlet," Jim Hoft wrote in the post.

In December of 2021 Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss sued the site alleging that Hoft and his twin brother Joe Hoft used the site to engage in "a campaign of lies” that “instigated a deluge of intimidation, harassment, and threats that has forced them to change their phone numbers, delete their online accounts, and fear for their physical safety.”
The site grew to prominence and saw its traffic surge in 2020 by repeating false claims about mass voter fraud in the that year's election -- claims that helped spark the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. As Mediaite points out, the site saw around 1.7 million unique readers in January of 2020 alone. A year later, that number dropped by around 50 percent.

anyone, anyone, citing the gateway pundit as a source of factual information is either delusional, a spreader of propaganda or simply a cunt

...which is exactly why Rightguide/sugardaddy1, whichever name Bussybody is using these days, and the Hisarpy/Wizzard/Icanhelp1 guy always use gateway Pundit as their go-to site for spreading disinformation "News" on these forums.

Because it's bullshit propaganda masquerading as "news" and they can pretend their own fucked-up views are validated by re-posting it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...31&cvid=ee2bb11384a448c6b0a671eea121698c&ei=8

Former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss have filed multiple lawsuits over what they contend were false and harmful statements propagated about them following the 2020 election. Now, one of those civil defendants has filed for bankruptcy.

Mediaite reported Wednesday that the parent company for the Gateway Pundit – a far-right website known to spread false statements about the 2020 election, the Covid-19 pandemic and the Ukraine war — had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Florida. Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft wrote in a post to the site on Wednesday that parent entity TGP Communications was seeking bankruptcy protection due to "progressive liberal lawfare attacks."

this pleases me so much... the shit these poor women went through is now seeing payback

I don't want gateway to end.

I want to always mock GP because they make biased articles that don't provide readers with any information via source material.

I want GP and Breitbart and Hot-air and all the others to continue so I can EASILY demonstrate why propaganda is obvious.

I will say this time and time again to people I love and hate - if your media does not provide source information to you directly in their online articles, then you should ignore them without prejudice. There is not an ideology approach that should not want anything different and I oppose any person who does.

Seriously. The Gateway Pundit provided Reichguide with 80% of his brain.
In homeboi's (slight) defense, I believe he has alternate sites of lesser acumen he also accesses when he needs extra right-wing pabulum to vomit back up.

but yeah, GP was his bread and butter. Expect him to slow his roll a bit starting this week. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...1&cvid=40785fe088914e95845307d24b94941a&ei=79

anyone, anyone, citing the gateway pundit as a source of factual information is either delusional, a spreader of propaganda or simply a cunt
What? Say it ain’t so!

@Rightguide

Your efforts to drive up traffic haven’t been working??

Or maybe it is your efforts, and your hack way of trying sling things, that did it.

Either way, there will be 100 more garbage sites to fill the void- and wrong guide will link them all!

As Mediaite points out, the site saw around 1.7 million unique readers in January of 2020 alone. A year later, that number dropped by around 50 percent.
This is their biggest problem.

The lawfare against outlets like TGP and VDARE is alarming just as it is against Trump.

Dirty politics results in more sudden, radical results.

I didn't like GP, mainly because it is ZeroHedge for moderate conservatives, but most of what they reported seemed factual but overstated to me.

Hence the comparison to the Huffington Post.

The lawfare against outlets like TGP and VDARE is alarming just as it is against Trump.

I didn't like GP, mainly because it is ZeroHedge for moderate conservatives, but most of what they reported seemed factual but overstated to me.

They were sued for defamation because they knowingly lied about shit. (I.e. defamed)

When did the Huffington Post slander election workers? I must’ve missed that.

They were sued for defamation because they knowingly lied about shit. (I.e. defamed)
That's the point of lawfare: raising the cost even before the judgment.

It's unclear that they knowing lied about anything, at least any more than the NYT or investigative press does. And then the other side refused to investigate and was actively hiding evidence.

Remember the Bloomberg article on supply-side attacks?
https://www.pcmag.com/news/does-your-motherboard-have-a-secret-chinese-spy-chip

Lots of stuff is going to settle out after the decade of madness is over.

Back