The Treehouse-The welcome mat is out.

Hey.

Anyone ever have a situation where there’s something amazing and historical and sought-after you’ve wanted to do for LITERALLY 30 years, and you decide there’s no possible way it’ll ever happen, and so you read about it happening periodically with other people getting the chance to do it, and you think wistfully about that 30-year-old dream, and you spare a thought (1/3 joyful and 2/3 jealous) for the people lucky enough to do it, but you long ago gave up being able to?

I’m doing it. Tomorrow.

FUCK yeah.

Hey.

Anyone ever have a situation where there’s something amazing and historical and sought-after you’ve wanted to do for LITERALLY 30 years, and you decide there’s no possible way it’ll ever happen, and so you read about it happening periodically with other people getting the chance to do it, and you think wistfully about that 30-year-old dream, and you spare a thought (1/3 joyful and 2/3 jealous) for the people lucky enough to do it, but you long ago gave up being able to?

I’m doing it. Tomorrow.

FUCK yeah.

Good for you!!! :nana:

(any chance we get a few clues as to what it is? ;) :) )

Good for you!!! :nana:

(any chance we get a few clues as to what it is? ;) :) )

It involves a VERY historical sailing vessel, a history geek with a special passion for Napoleonic naval warfare, and an unlooked-for opportunity that arose just under a week ago.

Karma. This must be payback for my brand-new car conking out after three miles a couple weeks ago.

It involves a VERY historical sailing vessel, a history geek with a special passion for Napoleonic naval warfare, and an unlooked-for opportunity that arose just under a week ago.

Karma. This must be payback for my brand-new car conking out after three miles a couple weeks ago.

Oh.
I thought you were talking about doing me. :nana:

Good for you. Enjoy it. TGIF!!!

Oh.
I thought you were talking about doing me. :nana:

Good for you. Enjoy it. TGIF!!!

Well. I didn’t say what (or who) said geek would be doing while ON said vessel...;)

I could smuggle you aboard in a burlap sack.

Exciting stuff going on here in the treehouse!!!

I won’t be around much after tomorrow. Who wants to be in charge of making sure chaos doesn’t reign supreme while I’m gone?

Hey.

I’m doing it. Tomorrow.

FUCK yeah.

Exciting stuff going on here in the treehouse!!!

I won’t be around much after tomorrow. Who wants to be in charge of making sure chaos doesn’t reign supreme while I’m gone?

So happy for all of you! I’m going to be living vicariously through you. I can’t wait to hear all about it—well, the parts that you feel like sharing. Have fun! ❤️

So happy for all of you! I’m going to be living vicariously through you. I can’t wait to hear all about it—well, the parts that you feel like sharing. Have fun! ❤️

It was lit, as the kids say.

I’m exhausted. But definitely as thrilling as I always thought it’d be. One of those moments when you realize you’ve achieved a goal, that it’ll be something you can share with very few others.

And, they had unlimited party-size Snickers available. So, win.

It was lit, as the kids say.

I’m exhausted. But definitely as thrilling as I always thought it’d be. One of those moments when you realize you’ve achieved a goal, that it’ll be something you can share with very few others.

And, they had unlimited party-size Snickers available. So, win.

Yay!!!!
And SNICKERS!!!!! Win!!!

Everyone....
two days!
I’m so excited this is way more exciting than Christmas!

How do you react to excitement? Do you find it hard to sleep? Difficult to concentrate? Do you distract yourself or daydream?

Yay!!!!
And SNICKERS!!!!! Win!!!

Everyone....
two days!
I’m so excited this is way more exciting than Christmas!

How do you react to excitement? Do you find it hard to sleep? Difficult to concentrate? Do you distract yourself or daydream?

Is this the anticipation excitement like in the Carly Simon song or what? ;)

Forgot to mention: Twix, too. :)

I VERY rarely get this excited, but when I do I have trouble dropping off to sleep; it can take as long as an hour, instead of my usual few minutes. But I normally only get five hours or so anyway, so it’s no biggie.

Excitement makes me calm and focused, not touchy and anxious.

You know this means my world is going to fall apart, right? It happens every. damn. time. You leave.

Have you prepared for this?

And also...I love you and am sooooo excited for you both. :heart:

Don't forget to stretch and hydrate!
I'll remind her :devil:

Also, she'll still call :) I've got to call and talk to my kids, so there will be windows where I'm not occupying her time....... :D

Back