What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and about that whole "penguins can't fly" myth...

penguins.jpg

In your face, Attenborough!!!

That's not flying, that's falling with style!

Beyonce for relinquishing a moment in the limelight to make up for the "three year old in the middle of the cereal aisle."

Yeah, I missed it, but my neighbor told me about it. Me and my girls are big Taylor Swift fans, so I looked it up online, and we all think that was just awesome for Beyonce to do.
It was very nice of Beyoncé. She's a class act, and she appears to be a surprisingly *nice* person for as big a celebrity as she is. I like *her* (or her public persona), even though I'm not very fond of her music.

I'm also not very fond of Kanye West's stuff, nor him. He's classless. I think he should be barred from any and all awards ceremonies, even if he's nominated in every category, until he (1) learns to behave like a civilized human being, and (2) publicly and sincerely apologizes to Taylor Swift, all the attendees, and the public for his immature, rude and idiotic behavior.

Graffiti from Pompeii.

More than 2000 years later, one can see the same sentiments on walls of any modern city... :blink:

I actually read a book a month or two ago about the sociological research they've been able to do on the class systems and sexuality of Pompeii based on the remains of graffiti, murals, inlaid cobblestones (usually of penises), etc. Fascinating stuff. :)

It was very nice of Beyoncé. She's a class act, and she appears to be a surprisingly *nice* person for as big a celebrity as she is. I like *her* (or her public persona), even though I'm not very fond of her music..

Exactly.

It's finally spring here which means.........fresh asparagus. So much fun to eat *licks lips* ;)

Graffiti from Pompeii.

More than 2000 years later, one can see the same sentiments on walls of any modern city... :blink:

There's a ton of it there, and a lot of quite interesting murals. I love how the brothel is still in very, very good condition, and has a literal picture menu depicting various acts and positions. It made me think of people who walk into a fast food restaurant, point at the picture, and say "I want that." The reasoning behind it was because most prostitutes were slaves captured elsewhere, and so didn't necessarily speak the language. But still, funny imagery all around!

Not having killer diarrhoea any more :D :D
Now that you're "safe," pick up some loperamide at your local chemist/pharmacy and keep it on hand, just in case the need arises again. I prefer the liquid - it's easier to keep the dosage down to what works for me. The generics/store brands seem to work just as well as the brand name (Immodium AD, here in the States).

I guess KW's PR folks read my post :eek:

I think he should be barred from any and all awards ceremonies, even if he's nominated in every category, until he (1) learns to behave like a civilized human being, and (2) publicly and sincerely apologizes to Taylor Swift, all the attendees, and the public for his immature, rude and idiotic behavior.

‘It was rude,’ Kanye West tells Jay Leno
Rapper drew heat for VMA interruption, says he’ll take time to reflect

LOS ANGELES - Kanye West used Jay Leno’s prime-time debut Monday to offer another apology for ruining Taylor Swift’s night at the MTV Video Music Awards and to say he’s going to take some time off for reflection.

West said he knew he was wrong the moment he handed the microphone back to Swift, when he was bathed in boos. He had interrupted Swift on Sunday night as she accepted a best female video award for “You Belong With Me,” arguing that Beyonce’s “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)” was more deserving.

“It was rude, period,” West said. He posted a second apology to Swift on his blog on Monday, and told Leno he wanted to apologize to the country music star in person.​

Much more at the MSNBC article linked through the headline above, including this statement:

"But I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I’m going to make it through the rest of this life, how I’m going to improve.”​

Now that you're "safe," pick up some loperamide at your local chemist/pharmacy and keep it on hand, just in case the need arises again. I prefer the liquid - it's easier to keep the dosage down to what works for me. The generics/store brands seem to work just as well as the brand name (Immodium AD, here in the States).

Good plan, Sir W - I will do (we have the Immodium brand here too - I'll get the generic equivalent).

Neighbor woman got bitten by a teeny-tiny lil snakie, not quite the diameter of a standard pencil and a little longer. Her son told another neighbor he thought it was poisonous; she was all shaky and throwing up. Second neighbor brought the wee little thing up to me to identify. Black with yellowish-white stripes that were fairly solid immediately behind the oval-shaped head, then broken up the rest of its body. Underside of the body yellowish-white, matching the stripes.

Google, google, google...

Garter/king snake. Completely not poisonous, can even be "tamed/trained" to some small degree. The size of the thing, it's probably only been out of the egg less than a week. I told neighbor #2 to tell boy to put it in his shirt pocket and carry it around as a pet. :rolleyes: (The kid's a pita anyway.)

Hearing about my neighbor finding the rubber snake I put in her flower pot. She went in the house and yelled at her husband. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back