X-Men: Crossroads IC

Kitty took a deep breath as she regained control of the Blackbird,her radar beeped. Looking down then back over at Storm,her eyes looking from Storm to the fog shrouded nothing in front of them.

"Storm,according to radar we should be close to Alkali Island,but I cant see anything. Professor...we seem to be here but I cant see anything or anywhere to land. There is a heavy fog that seems to just hang here."Kitty said glancing back over her shoulder to make sure everyne else was strapped in just in case.

"Storm...Logan..I think one of you should take over from here. I dont think I can get us down safely in this fog."She whispered admitting she was afraid wasnt easy for Kitty.

IC: Iceman, Blackbird cockpit, skies over Canadian Rockies

"I still can't believe that any of us are having this conversation."

"A split personality," Bobby asked Logan, "In Dr. Grey? I can't believe it. She's always seemed so...so...sane to me."

"Even if we entertain the idea that she is somehow alive, from what I understand she's more powerful than all of us put together..." He muttered softly to himself hoping that the rest of the group wouldn't hear him, "...and half of our group is kids who are still dealing with hormones from puberty...great..."

Bobby did hear it, but didn't say anything about it-because...well...it was true. Rogue, Kitty, himself: this would be their first official mission. Instead he told Logan, "And the other personality, this Pheonix, is-according to the professor-a total dangerous badass. Maybe even bad enough to take you down, Wolverine, probably all of combined from what Proffessor X said about it."

Then Kitty asked for Storm to take over for the landing as they approached the newly expanded Alkali Lake.

Tag: Logan, Rogue, Storm, Kitty, Havok

Storm

“Thank you Kitty, you did a sterling job. We’ll take it form here,” Storm said, giving Kitty an encouraging smile.

“Logan, please can you take the controls and land us. Let me clear some of the mist from the surface,” Storm said.

Her eyes glazed over into a white sheen, hauntingly reflecting the colour of her hair as Storm summoned a strong and whirling gust of wind that slowly moved the mist away. It was a good thing they didn’t try and land, as there was a big patch of pine trees just beneath them. “That was a good call Kitty,” Storm said as her eyes returned to their normal violet depths.

Scott’s glider was just to the left, but there was no sign of him.

Tag: Logan

Logan sighed softly, his eyes looking at Bobby as he mentioned that this alternate personality in Jean was probably a total badass to an extreme degree. It was true. Charles had mentioned something about putting up barriers or something, hadn't he? If those barriers had been there all along and now they weren't...then that was probably a huge problem for them. He knew that the Jean he knew before could kick their ass without breaking a sweat, and a Jean that was even stronger than that...was not good at all. He sighed softly and brought his hand up, rubbing at his forehead. This was frustrating, and difficult, and he couldn't believe that they were still talking about this.

He looked up again when the conversation turned to whether or not Kitty was going to be able to land this bird, and the fact that he was probably the best for the landing. He smiled softly and undid the belts that held him to his seat, pushing himself up and walking over to the cockpit. He looked at Kitty for a moment before slipping into her seat after helping her out of it, "Don't worry kid. I'll make sure we land this bird safely." He looked over to Storm and smirked softly, "I'm sure you'll make sure I land this bird safely too, won't you?" He sighed softly as he looked down at the dials and switches for a moment, "We just need to find a nice safe place to put her down...shouldn't be too hard..."

Cyclops

Scott continued to hold Jean in his arms, when he heard the familiar sound of the engines of the Blackbird. He looked up and saw the dupplicate of the craft he used to get to Alkali Lake hovering above. He hadn't been there that long about 15 or 20 minutes, they must have left not long after he did. "Looks like the others have come as well." he told Jean.

<tag Jean, X-Men>

Professor Xavier

Charles waited patiently in the cerebro room. But even though he was patient, didn't mean he was nervous. Even with the boosting power of Cerebro he wasn't sure if he could stop the Phoenix if she would try and do his X-Men harm. For now all he could do was sit, and pray for the best, but prepare for the worst.

"There is Scott!" Storm exclaimed as she pointed at the huddling form, cradling Jean in his arms just below them.

Storm took control of the Blackbird and set it down softly next to Scott's aircraft. She did all the safety checks before shutting the engines off and lowering the stairs to the ground.

"Please heed the Professor's warning," Storm reminded everyone as they started filing out of the Blackbird.

Tag: Everyone

IC: Iceman, Alkali Lake, Canadian rockies

"Got it," He told Storm as they all filed out of the Blackbird. Between them and Cyclops was an inlet from the lake. Storm could fly over it to get to Scott but the others weren't as fortunate.

"Leave it to me," Bobby told them as he froze an ice-bridge across the lake making sure to make it textured on top so noone would be able to slip off.

Tag: All

Back