X-Men: A Bright New World (OOC)

Thank you for posting that, I should have a ton of free time this weekend to throw both a Kitty and Dazzler post at ya'll. :D

Updated the first post of both OOC/IC threads to reflect the most recent roster and character location breakdown sections.

I'm also almost always continually amazed that "DeathsKnight" is able to post.....almost immediately(or the day of) a new post, which directly affects his character! Spectacular! :)

And that sounds terrific, "SortOfBeautiful"! I believe at this point, EVERYONE is free to post.....at least once! ;)

As an aside, I don't mean to "control" too much, gang.....I just want to be sure to place my...."story markers" in the appropriate spots, when in necessity, y'know?? :)

And that sounds terrific, "SortOfBeautiful"! I believe at this point, EVERYONE is free to post.....at least once! ;)

As an aside, I don't mean to "control" too much, gang.....I just want to be sure to place my...."story markers" in the appropriate spots, when in necessity, y'know?? :)

I'll see if I can manage a response for Cannonball, Thanksgiving threw a bigger wrench in my posting abilities than I expected. Tomorrow is my weekly gaming night, so I might not have anything for you until Wed, but we'll see.

:cool:

Do whatcha gotta do, to make things happen "Remec"....

...including rolling 20's, or bashing on the controller buttons(depending on what type of 'gaming' you are doing)!

;)

Soooo... I've been "seduced" into taking up a certain Southern Belle with a firm No Touching rule.

I see that the basic info for her is already up here, and have been peeking through the current thread. An entry alongside Mama Mystique seems the best way to get her in there.... Now. Just when that would be appropriate is the next question.

Any thoughts, from others?

Hi there Miss "Faux_Pas", whilst....I'm not sure just WHOMEVER was trying to "seduce" the likes of you -- *has his bets on "Remec" for sure!!!* -- I can't fault you for taking an interest in the one and only Southern Belle!!

I'm going to shoot you a private message, so that I can discuss this further with you....:)

-rubs eyes-

How to bring her into the group without Mystique causing problems is more the question.

I'd suggest to either bump into on of the group while they are in the city, or to wait outside for admittance (a certain Jubilation Lee stayed behind so perhaps that could get worked in there?)

That is my nickle...

-promptly falls asleep-

Awesome posting, you crazy....mutant wielding, writers!! ;)

All but Kitty went around the 'circle', right?? Damn! That means my butt is up.

Ahaha. Hopefully this weekend....:)

Somehow I forgot about my own weekend, with the holiday coming up......looks like posting will have to be pushed back some.

Enjoy the Season people, for those that celebrate.(and stay safe!)

:)

I can't find the the IC thread to to post the Kurt AKA Nightcrawler Bio. A link to if you please?

The link to BOTH threads is in my signature(first is the IC, followed by the OOC), but....I'd rather you post the profile in this OOC thread, as the IC is strictly for IC posts.

Also, although you have been given definitive access to the roleplay.....you have not been given green light to post in character. Not yet. I have to do a once(or twice) over, in my mind. To go over a few things. Firstly.

Pardoning your patience, 'we' may have to wait until after some of the hustle of this week's holiday activities. Appreciate your understanding! :)

Name: Kurt Szardos Wagner
Ethnicity: Descended from a Caucasian American and a Romani-Latverian-- a "gypsy," though the term is considered derogatory --and raised by Sinti-- members of the German subgroup of Romani --Kurt's ethnicity is nevertheless not externally obvious because of reasons.
Abilities: Kurt lacks a single specialized power, like some of his mutant brethren, but instead has quite a repertoire of lower-power abilities.
His primary gift lies in his ability to teleport, as accompanied by a quick burst of sulfurous stench and flame. By transitioning for a brief instant into a nameless, Hellish subdimension, Kurt can emerge back into our existence at an elsewhere of his choosing. The process is instinctive, but not effortless-- the more people, the more mass he carries along with him, the harder it is on everyone involved. His range is generally limited to two miles, though under great duress and in times of great desperation he can teleport greater distances. If he is going somewhere unfamiliar to him, he requires line-of-sight view so as not to accidentally arrive in the same space as another solid object-- "as deaths go, it's not the funnest." If, however, he has been to a place before, he can arrive there jumping blindly and trusting to his instincts to guide him to a safe landing.
Kurt's agility-- while perhaps not quite on a par with the infamous Spider-Man --exceeds the peak human level, and this is only bolstered by the sheer flexibility of his skeleton and joints-- he is a natural contortionist. His dexterity is similarly deft, as he is not only ambidextrous, but capable of using his feet to hold and manipulate things-- not to mention the prehensile tail lashing behind him. Because of his extensive athleticism, he is also quite strong and capable of feats of stamina on a level with the most dedicated Olympians.

Also like Spider-Man, Kurt has the ability to wallcrawl, adhering to smooth vertical surfaces and ceilings as easily as breathing. Kurt can even run along walls while standing perpendicular to them, though he prefers to gallop on all fours.

Kurt has excellent nightvision with his molten golden eyes, though he can be known to bolster this with a flashlight as necessary.

Nightcrawler's somewhat extradimensional nature causes him to turn invisible in shadows. This, too, is instinctive, and cannot be deactivated, perhaps causing a problem for his friends when he is knocked unconscious in the dark.

Kurt's combat skills are excellent-- with his acrobatic training, natural brawling, master-class swordfighting, and finely-honed physical memory, he can hit as hard as a prizefighter with fists and feet, or carve you cleanly with an edged weapon, and then be gone before you can counterstrike.

Additionally, Kurt is a masterful performer of various circus acts, as well as a charismatic and evocative thespian.

Kurt speaks English, his native German, and ecclesiastic Latin.

Physical Appearance: Kurt is slender to the point of looking almost fragile, but possesses a wiry strength. He resembles a mythological creature-- indeed, a Sorcerer Supreme might at first glance find him indistinguishable from a certain species of demon --with his pointed ears and fanged teeth and golden, sometimes glowing eyes. Kurt's midnight-blue skin is covered with a thin layer of matching fuzz, including his aforementioned tail. Kurt's hands each possess two long, thick, surprisingly nimble fingers and an opposable thumb. Similarly, Kurt's feet each have two large toes that can be curled like fingers, and a rear digit on the heel analogous to a thumb. (Secretly, just as Kurt possesses two fingers on each hand and two toes on each foot, he also possesses two of something else, though he is rather modest about this endowment and does not go out of his way to advertise it.) Kurt's head of hair is dark and curly when he does not style it straight, midnight blue like his fur-- though in some lighting it simply looks black with blue highlights.

Personality: Kurt is literate and articulate, given to great theatrical showmanship and displays of jaunty, trickstery joie de vivre, though also given to times of somber contemplation. Though his spirituality has been largely influenced by the Judeo-Christian tradition, and he has studied the theology thereof, he adheres very strongly to the doctrine of general revelation: God shows truth in all things. Kurt will quote The Tao or The Buddha as often as he quotes The Bible, and is familiar with the workings of Wicca. He's quite fond of Shakespeare and old-school pirate flicks.

He's a peaceful, gentle soul, if you let him be one-- "if The Devil can masquerade as an angel of light, as it is written," he might say, "can I not be an angel with the mask of a devil?" On the other hand, he can have a wicked, cackling wit, and a courageous, righteous indignation-- if you make him mad for the right reasons, look out.

Despite his unearthly appearance, Kurt is quite charismatic and has an attractive allure-- rather like the species of incubus he so strongly resembles. If he let his guard down-- though that's not really his nature --he might actually have almost as much luck with the ladies as certain Ragin' Cajuns.

History: The infant Kurt was abandoned in-- though his mother might say "entrusted to" --a camp of Bavarian Sinti that traveled with a circus. His only clues to his origin would be a Catholic Bible wrapped up in his swaddling clothes, and the fact that his mother was of The Rom, and spoke with a Latverian accent. Raised in the traditions of this circus environment, Kurt discovered that he was a born showman, and that despite his disfigurement, his abilities-- especially the teleporting, when that showed up in his early teen years --lent themselves to the trapeze, to funambulism, to dueling onstage, to flips and leaps and sawdust and the spotlight.

Not a day went by, however, that Kurt did not wonder to Margali Szardos, the fortuneteller that raised him, about the truth of who and what he was. He did, eventually, trace his childhood Bible back to an American Army chaplain named Christian Wagner. Inspired by his biological father's apparent spirituality, Kurt studied hard and took a number of courses by mail with seminary schools-- learning what he could about his father's beliefs. (He even, as part of this process, had his name legally changed to incorporate his father's surname.)

One thing he could never learn, however, was what he really was, or where he came from. He has never yet learned of his birth-mother.

To this end, he bid his foster-mother farewell and traveled to The United States, seeking out the vaunted genetics expert Charles Francis Xavier-- if anyone could hunt out the truth of Kurt's bloodline, Kurt felt, it was Charles.

Having tracked Charles down, however, Kurt discovered much more than a possible way to discern his origins: he found a school that taught good deeds and a stout heart, kindness and bravery to one's neighbor, no matter their ilk, and most of all accepted him for who he was. Even an ocean away from the place of his birth, Kurt Wagner was suddenly home.

Since then, he has taken the Americanized codename "Nightcrawler," inspired by his German stagename of "Nacht-Wurm."

Hail be Wolf brother!

Already itchin' to get my claws on Wagner -grins- teach him all the wrong things in life! A good stogie, a good ol' Jack and the soft virtues of a lady or in his case, ladies...shock the mind of the spiritual guy a bit

Welcome, Wolf. :)

I'm back from vacation and mentally ready to start writing again, but I just don't see myself having the time until the weekend to throw in another Shadowcat and Dazzler post. Just checking in!

I see that Rogue has apparently been claimed by someone else, so I'm just going to leave this here for perusal.

Scarlet Witch

279139-90200-scarlet-witch_super.jpg

Birthday: 28th June
Birthplace: Wundagore Mountain

Skills
Some self-defence skills, and while it is certainly not her forte, she can hold her own against most opponents.

Gear/Equipment
Wanda doesn’t carry much in the way of equipment, she doesn’t need to.

Powers/Abilities

Wanda possesses the ability to use hex's, they are fairly short ranged, and can only effect things within her line of sight. Though at times these hex’s can occur subconsciously she is gradually mastering the use of her abilities and can now use them at will. The nature of these hex’s is their effect upon probability, for good or ill. Though when used subconsciously they will be limited only to negative effects when used consciously they can have positive effects as well, from lighting flammable materials to creating forcefields, her studies at Xavier's school are what allows her to develop these more controllable aspects of her abilities.

However, they are directly affected by her physical state as well, if she is tired or struggling to concentrate then the effects of her hex's are rarely favourable, and can even undo the effects of previous used hex's.

Background
Wanda was born at the base of Mount Wundagore, one of twins of a woman named Sasha, their father unknown. Sasha, terrified that their father would find her, walked into the wilderness to die and shortly afterwards the apparently orphaned twins were entrusted to the care of Django and Marya Maximoff, a gypsy couple who cared for them as their own. Though originally it was planned for an American couple to care for them, Madeline’s death in childbirth and Robert’s subsequent insanity led to the Maximoff’s adopting the children, though Pietro and Wanda believe the Frank’s are their natural parents. It was in their teens that they discovered their abilities.

Django began to steal food to feed his starving family, and the locals, enraged attacked the camp, Pietro rushing his sister to safety at inhuman speeds. Though the two lived in relative peace wandering Europe for some years, it was only a matter of time before Wanda accidentally used her powers and set fire to a house. Believing her a witch, a mob swiftly formed and Pietro was unable to protect his sister, they were shortly to become victims of a lynch mob. Some impossible coincidence saved them however and Professor Charles Xavier, perhaps having detected them with Cerebro arrived in the nick of time to save their lives, using his abilities to suppress the mob while Wanda and Pietro made good their escape. Uninterested in Xavier’s hopes for mutants and humanity, Quicksilver did not go with them, though he and his sister parted on good terms. She has since spent the last few years with Xavier at his newly founded school and though she is among the older of the ‘students’ there she has made friends, though her ravenous sexual appetite has also made her several enemies and something of a reputation.

I'd definitely like to take this moment to:

1)Welcome aboard "Wolfias" as our newest Nightcrawler. May he BAMF well enough! Heh.

2)Welcome back Miss "tight_n_ready" to the thread! Missed ya :)

I'll fit both of you guys back in, once I get to posting this week. *nudges "SortOfBeautiful" at that!* :) I'm just....a lil', potentially....mm...hung over at the moment. Or is that 'sick'? Yeahhhh.

Thanks gang. I have a feeling, the FUN is about to get started for us all......

Now where is the damn....tylenol??? *grumble*

Going to look, to finish off my obligatory responsibilities(GM - Betsy, and Gambit) by the weekend's end, as we all try and acclimate back. From the holidays.

I also updated the posting rule, from once a week-ish to once every two weeks. To make it more realistic(?), and/or give more lee-way where it need be given. Just in case. Hopefully this settles okay, with all.

Thanks.

*still under the weather**blech!*

I'd definitely like to take this moment to:

1)Welcome aboard "Wolfias" as our newest Nightcrawler. May he BAMF well enough! Heh.

2)Welcome back Miss "tight_n_ready" to the thread! Missed ya :)

I'll fit both of you guys back in, once I get to posting this week. *nudges "SortOfBeautiful" at that!* :) I'm just....a lil', potentially....mm...hung over at the moment. Or is that 'sick'? Yeahhhh.

http://hotgirltattoos.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_mfrd9zmBUc1s02vejo1_500.jpg

Now where is the damn....tylenol??? *grumble*

Thanks for the welcome everyone, this should be fun and a challenge.

A special thanks to you Lachiyous for allowing me to join this RP.

DK can't have Logan corrupting Kurts virtue now can we? Good luck trying to get his hairy knuckled hands on a teleporter. Iz not zee type of thing one zuch az I should do heir Logan.

Last edited:
OK first up two things, who is supposed to meet whom where?

What would Charlie's answer be?

Is there a Blackbird? Or do we fly PanAir to Russia?

Great questions! So here goes:

1)A - Alison is supposed to meet her 'boss' at The Brazen Fox, because she's been a NO-SHOW for a week, from work. And she wants to QUIT! So we're waiting for the lovely "SortOfBeautiful" to post for her, and then I'll get that going....
B - Jamie may have to close out some "hotel account" near such club, although I'm sure there won't be as much drama attached(?) to the notion....
C - Remy/Logan - ??

2)Your character may have to speak on his behalf, right? As any that has been promoted to TA(sorta like Assistant Manager), step right in to run things, when the big boss man is not present. I think that Charles picked the particular group that he did, for a reason. To go find Piotr, rather than the newer squad that JUST became members of the team...

3)There is no Blackbird as of yet. It's almost like -- and I HATE to bring up the similarity -- it is in X-Men Faux(heh) Class movie-verse. Where the Professor is just starting out, budgetary wise...and doesn't have close to everything to his disposal as of yet. Those that went on the 'mission' to Russia did indeed have to take a commercial flight over...

***NOTE: Also something important to keep in mind. If I chose to 'split everyone up', there must have been a good reason for it, right? Nothing is done aimlessly...although at times, it may seem. I assure you, there's a plan for all! ;)

Back