WJ's Bottom Desk Drawer

Sorry, I was away for a bit and missed the stop at your joint. I figured you wouldn't mind if I showed up with this:

Today one of the guys from my local game store posted that he's looking for players to get a game of Good Society: a Jane Austen RPG going.
I have never heard of this game, but I giddily signed right the fuck up!

View attachment 2277625
@curious_slut’s post reminded me that you’ve yet to share how the game is going! Details please 😊

Have you seen Austenland? It got terrible reviews, but I watched with friends (mixed genders) and we all loved it.

@curious_slut’s post reminded me that you’ve yet to share how the game is going! Details please 😊

Have you seen Austenland? It got terrible reviews, but I watched with friends (mixed genders) and we all loved it.
I haven't seen Austenland. I meant to when it was released, never got around to it, then it kind of fell off my radar. I'll have to look for it.
They're still trying to find a couple more players, so we haven't started the game yet. The overlap between Jane Austen fans and RPGer's is, apparently, small.
@curious_slut, want to come out east and join? :)

Fwiw, Austenland was a delight. The critics were way too harsh. May I recommend Austentatious? It's so ridiculous and hilarious.
I haven't seen Austenland. I meant to when it was released, never got around to it, then it kind of fell off my radar. I'll have to look for it.
They're still trying to find a couple more players, so we haven't started the game yet. The overlap between Jane Austen fans and RPGer's is, apparently, small.
@curious_slut, want to come out east and join? :)
Brb, packing my bags 😁 would it be too much if I bring a Regency dress as well?

I’m absolutely going to check that out!

@Whiskeyjack please, please, put this on your Halloween costume contenders list!!!
I would look amazing in a regency dress, but my costumes always adhere to the theme of the Halloween party we go to every year. I don't see how this would fit the theme.

I would look amazing in a regency dress, but my costumes always adhere to the theme of the Halloween party we go to every year. I don't see how this would fit the theme.
What's the theme? What's your costume?

How had I never heard of this movie? Casper Van Dien as the fascist cheese lord? This looks amazing.

I love that at the school I sub in, when the shop teacher gives late passes to students he just tears off a piece of sandpaper, calls it a pass, and everyone just accepts it.

Back